Removing pins from shoulder joint (yamato)

Froy

Hi

Having hard time trying to remove the pins from the shoulders from my VF-1D. Any ideas about how to do it?

One of the shoulder is already cracked but not broken completely and I want to pull the pins out to file them a bit.

I was looking around for some info but found none.

post-781-0-75596300-1421168054_thumb.jpg

Hi

Having hard time trying to remove the pins from the shoulders from my VF-1D. Any ideas about how to do it?

One of the shoulder is already cracked but not broken completely and I want to pull the pins out to file them a bit.

I was looking around for some info but found none.

attachicon.gifDSCN3323.JPG

Have you watched Veefs instruction video for the shoulder replacement parts?

Other than that you could invest into a pin removing tool but I have no idea how this is called in English.

Edited by Scyla

when I went back to dis-assemble my toy for painting, I used a nail and pliers as hammer. The important piece here is to identify the end of the pin where it is not jagged. You push use and push the nail on the side of the pin that is not jagged/crooked.

tbh, it will be a lot easier if you can remove the whole shoulder piece or arm assembly off by dis-assembling the toy.