Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

whoa i'll probably get a glaug, elintseeker, superostrich, and vf-1d. maybe a low vis vf-1a. i'm still hoping they finally come out with the gbp armor they've shown in the past.

they should really resculpt a new vf-1s head. it doesn't look right. then i'd probably buy some.

Edited by sh002

Nnnng!! For the first time ever, I'm excited about a Toynami product. I have 1/60 versions of the Elint and VF-1D, but I really want small playable versions, too, plus the Ostrich. Argh. Wonder what hoops I have to jump through to get them over here. :unsure:

Very nice! I'm not certain if I'll get all of them, but the two-seaters are absolutely on my wish-list.

I think I can live without the GBPS if it doesn't show for a couple of quarters. Oh, my aching wallet! :lol:

Glaug in June? Just in time for my birthday!

Is anything being done about the cracking joints on these? I've noticed on almost all the ones I have from the previous releases that some or all of the hollow cylinders that are used on most of the joints have cracked. Some in more than one spot making the cylinder useless. Stronger plastic should have been used on those parts.

Frak. It took me a few minutes to find this damn thread.

For those that MUST have an Elint or Ostrich in their collection. :lol:

This was spotted at Toy Fair 2011. Thanks to Cybergundam for the pics.

Nice LOW VIS there. :rolleyes:

That glaug blows my mind! I cannot wait to get my hands on that baby!

Elintseeker! Superostrich! Whoo-hoo!

And...is that a Stealth and LV1? Too cool. I think I might have to get some of the original 1/100's now! There goes the wallet! B))

Edited by ae_productions

So what's the estimated release date on the Ostrich and Elintseeker?

That's a good question. I'm a bit curious too. I wonder if these will be sold in a set, or individually? I never picked up the other transformable 1/100 Valkyries from Toynami, but I often see them sold in a set.

That's a good question. I'm a bit curious too. I wonder if these will be sold in a set, or individually? I never picked up the other transformable 1/100 Valkyries from Toynami, but I often see them sold in a set.

You can get the individually. Or at least you could with the past ones. You just had to use the right online shops or use Ebay. I'm hoping these are more toward Summer or Fall. Too many figs (non-Macross related) are coming out in the next few months. :)

You can get the individually. Or at least you could with the past ones. You just had to use the right online shops or use Ebay. I'm hoping these are more toward Summer or Fall. Too many figs (non-Macross related) are coming out in the next few months. :)

I know what you mean. My wallet is bleeding money everywhere right now!

do you know any online shops that still sell toynami 1/100 valks?

I never saw one in an online store and only seen it on ebay....

never saw it on retail too...(i am in the US

I could go for the VF-1D, the low vis 1A, and a future TV Max and Kakizaki... I mean Ben. Errrr...... That'll round out my TV collection in a scale that I can afford.

Since they're all built with glass joints, they'll all just sit on the tarmac in fighter mode. Or I'll end up transforming them and gluing them back together.

And eBay sellers usually sell them one at a time.

Edited by HoveringCheesecake

We'll update on release schedule once we get confirm from factory in China.

All of our items are released in the states first, then we ship to rest of the world.

from the man himself for those of you asking about release schedules... he said this last page. -

I travel a lot for work. Here is a list of some stores that do (or at least did) sell Toynami products:

There is a comic book shop across the street from Harmony Gold (the copyright holders of Robotech and Macross in the USA) called MELTDOWN comics in Los Angeles.

Frank and Sons in the City of Industry, CA.

Big Lou's Collectibles in Los Angeles, CA.

The PUZZLE ZOO in Santa Monica, CA.

In Naperville, Illinois, there use to be a comic shop called Moon Dogs.

In Arizona you have: The Empire of Toys, Pop Culture Classics and the infamous comic shop on Scottsdale and Shea blvd. (I cannot recall the name).

That's all I know about, personally.

I live in SW Florida. The nearest toy store is a 5 hour round trip from where I live. And they do NOT sell anything Robotech related.

Hope this helps!

I was happy to see the 2 new sets of these. So I went into storage and grabbed one from the 1/100 sets I already have, which happened to be the VF-1A Hikaru.

Excited, I started messing with it. However, during the transformation process the legs and arms kept constantly falling off. After several minutes of frustration I boxed it back up in disgust...

While putting it back in the closet I remembered WHY they were in storage in the first place. :(

Actually, I just googled them a minute ago and found tons of online shops selling them. They run about $20-30 now. I bought my Max for $18 + shipping when the armor released.

Actually, I just googled them a minute ago and found tons of online shops selling them. They run about $20-30 now. I bought my Max for $18 + shipping when the armor released.

I did find some wave 4 valks at one online store at a reasonable price(bout 20)..but still can't find a Hikaru 1J....

man...will they reissue these toys? Hope they do...or else it'll be hard...

I did find some wave 4 valks at one online store at a reasonable price(bout 20)..but still can't find a Hikaru 1J....

man...will they reissue these toys? Hope they do...or else it'll be hard...

Hiikaru Ichijo VF-1J $25

Just came across this.

Sorry, not my listing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm guessing the Ostrich and Elint will meet the same fate as the GBP armor....in other words we'll never see more than the display models. Sad too b/c I really loved the Ostrich design.

Definitely a possibility as a source of mine (who is a retailer and often in touch with Toynami) just informed me that the Light Artillery Battlepod's release is now indefinite as it's original target release was January 2011 (you would think rt.com would remove this date to avoid embarrassing questions). Seems there haven't been enough pre-orders to justify the toy's production. Still, I doubt this will happen with any of the new valkyries as they seem to be popular despite their quality. Just don't expect it until a few months AFTER they announce a release date.

Definitely a possibility as a source of mine (who is a retailer and often in touch with Toynami) just informed me that the Light Artillery Battlepod's release is now indefinite as it's original target release was January 2011 (you would think rt.com would remove this date to avoid embarrassing questions). Seems there haven't been enough pre-orders to justify the toy's production. Still, I doubt this will happen with any of the new valkyries as they seem to be popular despite their quality. Just don't expect it until a few months AFTER they announce a release date.

Argh. That's why! I remembered vaguely it should be there for a few months when I frequent the shop I got the other 2 Regults.

I hope the Glaug will get released. PLEASE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely a possibility as a source of mine (who is a retailer and often in touch with Toynami) just informed me that the Light Artillery Battlepod's release is now indefinite as it's original target release was January 2011 (you would think rt.com would remove this date to avoid embarrassing questions). Seems there haven't been enough pre-orders to justify the toy's production.

I got my preorder in. Pony-up, gang!