Where's our PS Vita Macross game or mobile Macross games?

Graham

Looks like they are using the touchscreen for issuing wingman orders. Hopefully they can improve the system to give more specific orders via drag and drop like in Shin Sangoku Musou Next. Like Defend this spot, melee this enemy, instead of just my active target. Or drop everything and run like hell from the killzone of the incoming wave motion gun of death, lol.

Edited by hulagu

I'm just hoping this game has "everything." Windam's, Wartfield's orange Gaia, Murasame's, that Zackarello lookin' mobile armor, Stargazer, Strike Noire, Buster Verde, Forbidden Blue, Dom Trooper's, Lunamaria's Gunner Zaku Warrior, Hein's Gouf Ignited, EVERYTHING! But we'll see.

Edited by Keith

Anyhow... It sucks that the PSP has so much potential that goes wasted without a hacked firmware. Not all of the users of custom firmwares pirate their games.

Thank you. That's exactly my point. I watch Youtube on my PSP, and I am not willing to give that ability up by doing some pointless Firmware update.

Huh... I didn't know they made a program to watch Youtube on the PSP. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction to snag that little application via a PM?

But getting a little bit more on-topic, given that we've (mostly) played the hell out of at the very least one of the Macross games on the PSP (or all three as is my case), aside from badass graphics, what should a new Macross game by Artdink include? Something large, I mean, not just model accuracies or missing VFs like the VF-14 Vampire and the or the VF-3000 that I only played with in Macross M3. I would still like to see a whole new story that while not necessarily should include a new VF, it could at least tell a good side story like VF-X2 for example or a story set in one of the colonization ships that have never been seen or we know little about like the Macross 11.

I'm just hoping this game has "everything." Windam's, Wartfield's orange Gaia, Murasame's, that Zackarello lookin' mobile armor, Stargazer, Strike Noire, Buster Verde, Forbidden Blue, Dom Trooper's, Lunamaria's Gunner Zaku Warrior, Hein's Gouf Ignited, EVERYTHING! But we'll see.

It will. Even Red Frame with power loader will be playable. Yes, units from Astray will be included too. More screenshots here and here.

But back to topic now, I personally don't mind if new Macross game in Vita will be just MUF/MTF with just shiny new graphics. Maybe incorporating Vita's gimmicks, because why not, as long as they don't feel tacked-on. Maybe we can use the touch screen for deep paintjob customization or allowing us to design our own emblem. That would be neat.

Hard to tell if they'll have enough time to stick all of the existing content in. But if they have, the obvious additions should be a full Macross ii & Sayonara no Tsubasa campaign. The thing about these games is that they've always been "existing" story related, so I wouldn't expect original content. Macross The Ride original models would be cool though.

Hard to tell if they'll have enough time to stick all of the existing content in. But if they have, the obvious additions should be a full Macross ii & Sayonara no Tsubasa campaign. The thing about these games is that they've always been "existing" story related, so I wouldn't expect original content. Macross The Ride original models would be cool though.

Oh yeah, it hadn't occurred to me, but The Ride content would be cool.

And I'm all for an original story. I enjoyed VF-X2 at the time.

You know, this should have been obvious to me from the start, but it really just hit me. The Vita Macross & Gundam games "should" have dedicated servers, making them way easier for all of us to play online (i.e. no adhoc party required)!

• 3 weeks later...

Keith, I just meant that when a fan want he does, not wait.

How do you figure that? If something is available for sale, you buy it. First instinct shouldn't be to download an illegal copy. That's not "not waiting," that's intellectual property theft.

What does this have to do in creating a server to play online?

Let's recap:

Murphy: Are the Macross games on the Japanese PSN so they can be transfered to the Vita?

Me: Nope.

You:A pirate server yadda yadda

Now, aside from the fact that the Vita is "currently" locked up tighter than a virgin in a convent on a distant mystical island, there's no way uploading a pirated rom of a game that's only available on a UMD is going to get the game loaded onto the Vita. Just not "currently" going to happen. And even if it could, that'd still be "pirating," and not just becauase of the server.

I'm definitely in love with my Vita! Now I'm just waiting for the US release of Gravity Rush (why aren't you out now?!!!!). I'm also waiting for the Ys IV remake, and like Graham, waiting for them to announce and release a Macross game. The only real complaint that I have with the Vita is that the battery doesn't last as long as I'd like it to.

• 4 months later...

I hope the next game they release is a sandbox emulating the exactness of the likes of Grand Theft Auto IV or V.

Instead of Liberty City it'd be Macross City XX drifting in space toward some planned destination.

You can do all sorts of things in and out of the City aside from the usual mecha combat.

Everything will take place in real time making use of actual physics.

Grinding stats will be there for the afflicted but gameplay will be more than that.

And in space up and down won't exist and will be truly relative to your orientation and point of view.

And hopefully we'll discover what happened to the Megaroad.

Regardless of platform or console - don't you think it's time developers took these things into account when making that definitive Macross Game?

Huh... I didn't know they made a program to watch Youtube on the PSP. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction to snag that little application via a PM?

But getting a little bit more on-topic, given that we've (mostly) played the hell out of at the very least one of the Macross games on the PSP (or all three as is my case), aside from badass graphics, what should a new Macross game by Artdink include? Something large, I mean, not just model accuracies or missing VFs like the VF-14 Vampire and the or the VF-3000 that I only played with in Macross M3. I would still like to see a whole new story that while not necessarily should include a new VF, it could at least tell a good side story like VF-X2 for example or a story set in one of the colonization ships that have never been seen or we know little about like the Macross 11.

I agree. Macross should not merely dwell on what has been established but evolve and realize new concepts. Take the VF design - It is always fixed to 3 forms and every VF design adheres to the same shape and structure for each form. Why not base the VF forms based on gameplay motions or actual physical motions? An example is Gerwalk mode - hailed as having versatile VTOL hover actions but is the most physically unstable shape of the 3 modes. They could consider centralizing the mass closer to the source of thrust to achieve better realism in terms of form and function, to name a few. And why does Fighter mode always have to resemble a 20th century jet fighter? Ace Combat Electrosphere and Fairy Air Force Yukikaze proved you could have bizaare aerodynamic shapes and still provide the illusion of flying realism. And Battroid - why do they always have the tapered intakes above the hips? Haven't they realized those intakes keep banging on the folded wings when the robot walks forward? And to solve this problem they pose the toys to flex from the Gerwalk Hip instead shortening the upper leg? Also try considering animating the robots toes or phalanges to flex both up and down. This is what provides the agility and jump in one's step. As it stands, Battroids still bang their entire feet on the ground to stride forward. What kind of slow speeds can you achieve that way? Try running without flexing your toes at all and you'll see what I mean. Logically speaking the entire VF should consider an evolution in form and function - not merely a restyling of an old design.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game may interest you: Assault Gunners

It's called Destroy Gunners on smartphones.

Late reply, but I actually bought the imported Gundam Seed Battle Destiny. I like it a lot, and if Artdink/Bandai can bring out a portable Macross game that would be awesome. :)

Oh yeah, I've heard of Assault Gunners. I have Destroy Gunners on my android tablet and android phone.

Late reply, but I actually bought the imported Gundam Seed Battle Destiny. I like it a lot, and if Artdink/Bandai can bring out a portable Macross game that would be awesome. :)

Oh yeah, I've heard of Assault Gunners. I have Destroy Gunners on my android tablet and android phone.

I've heard rumor of an LE for the PS3 game, and I'm crossing my fingers that the bonus is a Vita version of the game.