Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Are the black holes on the P's legs missile dispensers? I guess this means it won't have the opening leg hatches that the Kai has?

Yes, they are. There shouln't be opening leg hatches -unless Yamato decides to maintain the gimmick.

Yes, they are. There shouln't be opening leg hatches -unless Yamato decides to maintain the gimmick.

Based on the photo all of the black portions are reused parts and the portion of the calf that opens is still in black. They only highlighted the small upper portion in white indicating a change up there. Doesn't mean they won't change it but that's what the photo seems to say right now.

Based on the photo all of the black portions are reused parts and the portion of the calf that opens is still in black. They only highlighted the small upper portion in white indicating a change up there. Doesn't mean they won't change it but that's what the photo seems to say right now.

No, it’s not that they only highlighted a small upper portion in white, it’s just that it’s the only visible part from that angle of an all new piece that replaces the whole hatch and that includes 2 x internal high manoeuvrability micro-missile launchers and leg fin. Whether it’ll be glued to the leg or still openable it’s up to Yamato.

No, it’s not that they only highlighted a small upper portion in white, it’s just that it’s the only visible part from that angle of an all new piece that replaces the whole hatch and that includes 2 x internal high manoeuvrability micro-missile launchers and leg fin. Whether it’ll be glued to the leg or still openable it’s up to Yamato.

Except the bottom half of the calf, part of the portion that opens, is sticking out and it's black. I'm only referring to what's in the picture. It could just be place holder, and the whole thing isn't visible. I'm only referring to what can be gleaned based on the picture and the colors visible. Personally I'd be happy if they closed that off, included a magnet and allowed some fast pack attachments instead. But we don't really know either way.

I'm sorry, Mommar, I'm afraid I cannot see that. Could you show me that in a picture?

Know what, I was looking at the picture incorrect. The seam I was looking at was actually part of the "bell-bottom" and not the seam across the calf. I was wrong.

Oh God, when will it end? Please give us a chance to recover from buying the VF-19 Kai. :D Any way when will the official pictures be comming in, can't wait to see. You know I was hoping this day would come when Yamato started getting into Macross 7 as they released the VF-22S Gamlin first then the Max and Millia 22S and the VF-11C that the VF-19 Would be next. I was kind of hoping they work around that problem with the YF-19's design. BTW I'm getting the S and the F, one F type would do as I can photoshop them as a full squadron, as I dont' have space unless I box both YF-19's.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Quick question then, would the YF-19 be a decent buy compared to the VF-19s? Is it that different?

it's completely different. And as a guy who owns 2 yf-19 toys and 1 vf-19 toy, I would never buy another yf-19 based on the current design. The vf-19 is better in every way.

it's completely different. And as a guy who owns 2 yf-19 toys and 1 vf-19 toy, I would never buy another yf-19 based on the current design. The vf-19 is better in every way.

I'm ready for the redo also. To me the lineart is similar in proportions to the VF-19, plus I never got into the 1/60 YF-19 v.1 like I thought I would. I skipped the 1/72 because I never thought it captured it's badassness, but now I feel the same with the current YF-19. It's not a horrible toy, it's just not as good as it should be. After seeing the VF-19 Kai in person, I knew exactly what was missing.

speakers tuned to whale frequency... :unsure:

----------------------

considering how expensive these things are getting, i think i may just pass on the Fire valk for the VF-19P... more standard looking valk compared to the Kai. one Basara valk should be enough for me... and there's the VF-17D and v.2 VF-25s that i'm definitely getting... :(

Edited by m0n5t3r

thanks for the quick answers, guys. Vf-19S it is then, unless those things come can come off.

I don't think any of us can say for sure but many of us told Graham that if they made a P they should design it so that the shoulder pods could be removed. At the very least they should be able to swivel because they turn perpendicular to the shoulders when in Gerwalk (and can in Battroid) so likely they would be removable too. I'm hoping they will be personally.

That seemed to be the number 1 request in an old thread when we were discussing the possible VF-19 releases. Most everyone wants those stupid fins to be removable.

Chris

speakers tuned to whale frequency... :unsure:

----------------------

considering how expensive these things are getting, i think i may just pass on the Fire valk for the VF-19P... more standard looking valk compared to the Kai. one Basara valk should be enough for me... and there's the VF-17D and v.2 VF-25s that i'm definitely getting... :(

Yes they are Speaker Pods,

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-19p.htm

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/dynamite7/vf-19p.htm

YES!

I've wanted the VF-19P for ever, and at last, somebody is making it. I still have a spare 1/144 kit that I was planning to customize into a P-type at some point, but I will gladly pick up this toy with no regrets or hesitations. ^_^