Yamato 1/60 v.2 Cannon Fodder

ff95gj

DAMN!

I just checked my order status and its already shipped! HLJ wasn't kidding when I was told that it'd expedite my order! Now for a halfway off-topic question...

The shipping method is "SAL - Small Package" (even though I paid for EAS, but go figure...). Does this pretty much mean that it's going to take forever and a day to get to my front door? I have no way of tracking it either... :unsure: HLJ's website says that it could potentially take up to 45 days. But what's been the experience of others who have had things shipped via SAL?

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Do you mean EMS?

My SAL Packages from HLJ takes about 3 to 4 Weeks on Average. My VF-1A came in about 2 Weeks. SAL ships when there is room on the plane. A Small Package addressed to a country that gets good amount of air travel from Japan is going to come faster. Customs can also slow things down.

Now if you paid EMS and got SAL you have a problem. I think EMS cost roughly twice as much.

Do you mean EMS?

My SAL Packages from HLJ takes about 3 to 4 Weeks on Average. My VF-1A came in about 2 Weeks. SAL ships when there is room on the plane. A Small Package addressed to a country that gets good amount of air travel from Japan is going to come faster. Customs can also slow things down.

Now if you paid EMS and got SAL you have a problem. I think EMS cost roughly twice as much.

Yes, that's what I meant. I paid for faster shipping, which cost me 3660 yen (roughly US $40.41), and it was still shipped SAL. And since its the weekend, I can't contact HLJ until Monday...not that contacting them will do any good since the package is already on its way... <_<

Yes, that's what I meant. I paid for faster shipping, which cost me 3660 yen (roughly US $40.41), and it was still shipped SAL. And since its the weekend, I can't contact HLJ until Monday...not that contacting them will do any good since the package is already on its way... <_<

I normally don't have a problem with HLJ shipping methods. They will ship based on what your account is setup. If your account has SAL, all items will be shipped by SAL unless they are too big or high priced items. Method of shipping will be overwritten on your latest orders. Let say you had SAL set, then you select EMS for a new order, your account will change to EMS and all items will be sent out by EMS.

When you say your item should have been sent by EMS, it is because you selected EMS upon ordering it or is it because when your item was sent out the invoice sent to you shows SAL but at EMS rates? If it's when you order, it doesn't necessary mean they have sent it that way as what I have said above. Check the invoice they sent to you which shows the shipping type and also the cost they charged. If it was the invoice sent to you saying SAL but charging you EMS rates, then you have a problem and need to contact them.

• 2 weeks later...

My Cannon fodders just arrived. Man, they're soo sexy!

Fighter mode with v.1 CF comparison. As you can see, all CFs sport different colors. I don't own a 1/48 CF, but it seems to also sport a different shade of brown.

post-925-1253544513_thumb.jpg

Looking for trouble?

post-925-1253544523_thumb.jpg

Back to back (beware: VF1J color, due to the particular light, is not accurate in this picture).

post-925-1253544530_thumb.jpg

Got a notice in my mailbox this morning that I have a package from Japan waiting at my local Post Office. My first V2 Valkyrie arrived finally! I'll be picking it up later this afternoon. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning...this is ridiculous! :p

Hopefully the Max Q-Rau that a fellow MW member snagged for me will be here soon too...

Got a notice in my mailbox this morning that I have a package from Japan waiting at my local Post Office. My first V2 Valkyrie arrived finally! I'll be picking it up later this afternoon. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning...this is ridiculous! :p

LOL! Cool feeling isn't it!! Never gets old!! Congrats! here's a hint....you'll want more..... B))

Well...false alarm, sort of. My Valkyrie didn't show up. Instead, it was the Strike/Super FAST Pack set I had ordered along with it. Knowing my luck, it'll be another 3 weeks before I actually get the Valk itself, considering it was shipped SAL... :rolleyes:

Well...false alarm, sort of. My Valkyrie didn't show up. Instead, it was the Strike/Super FAST Pack set I had ordered along with it. Knowing my luck, it'll be another 3 weeks before I actually get the Valk itself, considering it was shipped SAL... :rolleyes:

Did you check to see if HLJ actually did charge you the EMS rate for SAL shipping? If so, you should contact them and at least try to get a refund for the difference.

3 weeks... SAL must stand for Slow And Lethargic.

The VF-1J came today! As a long-time Macross collector who has a relatively small collection consisting mostly of a handful of the old V1 1/60 Valkyries, a single 1/48 Valkyrie and the WAVE SDF-1, I gotta say that the V2s are lightyears apart from the first ones! For everyone who already has entire squadrons of these newer Valks, what I'm gushing about is really old news...but I am absolutely amazed at the improvements, some of them even over the 1/48s, such as the double-jointed elbows and shoulders, allowing for much more dynamic positioning of the GU-11.

The Version 2s have pretty much all the anime-accurate gimmicks seen in either the TV series or DYRL. I love the removable cockpit/nosecone and the ability to attach it to the forearm. I've seen tons of pics here in the forums showing this particular feature, but actually being able to do it myself just adds to the enjoyment of the 1J. About the only thing missing is the "slide-out seat" in Battroid mode. And now that its all decked out in the DYRL FAST Pack armor, the dark greenish-blue of the armor actually looks really good against the light tan/beige of the Valkyrie itself. I've fallen in love with Yamato again. :wub: I've crossed back over to the Dark Side.

...god my wife and wallet are going to REALLY hate me now.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Tell me about it. I only got back in the game this Spring time I already have 4 new ones, +1 on the way and other on preorder. I would have be buying twice as much if it wasn't for funding and the fact that some VF-1 are prone to that shoulder problem.

Heck, I'm just happy with my single Super/Strike Roy 1S, both cracked shoulders and all. It's still holding up, but probably because I'm conscious of the cracks and am REALLY FREAKIN' careful with it.

I'm inbetween jobs again, (Thanks economy!) so I can't afford to get extra shoulders for it at the moment. (I may try using super glue next time I transform it.)

I'm looking forward to getting the CF 1-J, just for all the printed on markings.

-Kyp

• 2 months later...

I just purchased a VF-1A DYRL Hick and one of the shoulders was cracked out of the box. Just like my Roy. I knew this might happen going in so I am not to surprised but the price was cheap as it was from the HLJ christmas sale. Even eventually ordering replacement arms from Overdrive (despite the long wait) it was worth it as I love the DYRL valks. I think most of the valks after the 1A hik where better as I don't have any problems with my VF-1J hik and afterwards.

I just purchased a VF-1A DYRL Hick and one of the shoulders was cracked out of the box. Just like my Roy. I knew this might happen going in so I am not to surprised but the price was cheap as it was from the HLJ christmas sale. Even eventually ordering replacement arms from Overdrive (despite the long wait) it was worth it as I love the DYRL valks. I think most of the valks after the 1A hik where better as I don't have any problems with my VF-1J hik and afterwards.

They have the problem on first cutting basically roy vf-1s and hikaru vf-1a, and probably vf-1s as well. They fixed it basically after Max tv vf-1a I guess.

The CF 1A is solid.

Very annoyed that they're all different shades. I could live with them being different shade from my v1 1/60 but I'd expect the v2 1J to match the v2 1A shade. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure this is partly why the early Roy and Hikaru 1A releases have been on sale at HLJ (Overdrive too). Even over a year after the release, these two seem to come standard with broken shoulders. They're probably trying to run out their stock of the first run before a re-release hits.

It does seem to be a time related issue though, rather than careless transformations.. I remember that early buyers mostly had good shoulders out of the box, and they cracked over time. Since that time, the unsold ones have been slowly cracking in their boxes. My Super 1A came the same way, shoulder entirely split.

I'm pretty sure this is partly why the early Roy and Hikaru 1A releases have been on sale at HLJ (Overdrive too). Even over a year after the release, these two seem to come standard with broken shoulders. They're probably trying to run out their stock of the first run before a re-release hits.

It does seem to be a time related issue though, rather than careless transformations.. I remember that early buyers mostly had good shoulders out of the box, and they cracked over time. Since that time, the unsold ones have been slowly cracking in their boxes. My Super 1A came the same way, shoulder entirely split.

I have an original Roy 1S that has never been transformed. I'll have to give him a checkup when the 1A gets here. Is it visible in fighter mode?