Macross Erasers!

AcroRay

Nice mess of Takatoku ERASERS I picked up on YahooJP for probably less than $10:

TTMacrossErasers.jpg

The detail is amazing on these little things. I just need to straighten them out. The Valk is about 1/100 scale, and you can use extra parts to rebuild it into fighter mode. (Mine's missing a wing, though.)

Anyone else got any of these?

Umn... there's no link. That's my collection in the picture you see. You could probably find more on YahooJP auctions. The auction I got these from was about 4 or 5 months ago.

I think a couple members here might have a few, but I don't have links to any of their coverage.

Umn... there's no link. That's my collection in the picture you see. You could probably find more on YahooJP auctions. The auction I got these from was about 4 or 5 months ago.

I think a couple members here might have a few, but I don't have links to any of their coverage.

That's a damn shame... I wouldn't mind having a set myself...

Awesome. Those seem to be in excellent condition, all things considered.

I remember a similar set of Orguss erasers which were in pretty bad shape yet were still going for a pretty penny around ten years ago in a shop in London.

Also, I wonder if the same kind of mini erasers were the ones included as mini-gashapons in that "Macross Vending Machine" toy from yesteryear..?

Solo shot of the large Regult eraser. Its about 3 inches high:

RegultLargeEraser.jpg

And here's one of the tiny Armored Valkyrie erasers. Look at all the detail!

ArmoredValkSmallEraser.jpg

I had to give the Regult a boiling hot bath to get it to return to its original molded shape. It won't stand for long without drooping & falling over, though. So displaying it like that for any real length of time without some sort of prop rod is out of the question.

Edited by AcroRay

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More Macross erasers!

To give you a background on eraser toys, if you don't already know, three toy companies made eraser toys for Macross (this is vintage toys, not including modern toys which Bandai released in 2002): Seika Note, Ohsato, and Takatoku. Ohsato eraser toys are the most prolific, having at least 17 different releases. Takatoku eraser toys are more challenging to find and only came in five releases. Seika Note eraser toys are really hard to find and were only released in small bagged versions as far as I've been able to find. Takatoku and Ohsato mostly released eraser toys in three sizes; large, medium, and small. Seika Note only released medium sized toys. At first glance they would appear to be from the same molds, but upon closer examination, they are obviously totally different sculpts. I always meant to sit down and document the differences (for people trying to identify loose ones) but its a really daunting task.

Okay, first pic. From top left to right:

eraser1.jpg

1. Ohsato Special 1 - Macro Dagurasu & Battroid Set SDF-1, Glaug, Regult, Tomahawk, Defender, VF1J Battroid, Armored Battroid. This set comes with a lot of eraser toys. Its also the only place you can get the large eraser SDF-1. The box is a bit beat up, but the eraser toys have only been taken out once.

2. Ohsato carded VF-1J and Regult. These carded eraser are pretty rare. I have seen at least 2 others, not pictured here, but they were not for sale. These have one large eraser toy and one medium eraser toy.

3. Ohsato carded VF-1J Armoured Battroid and VF-1J. Similar to above.

4. Ohsato Gattai Robo Series Pt. 1 - Battroid Set -Battroid VF1J, Armored VF1J, Tomahawk, Defender. Has the same 4 large toys as the Macro Dagurasu set, but different colors and different box. Box is a bit beat up, but the toys have only been removed once.

Bottom left to right:

5. Takatoku Macross Vending Machine DX - VF1J Battroid, Regult, Spartan, 12 various 1/320 capsule eraser toys. These are fairly common and this one isn’t in the greatest condition. The box is pretty worn, but everything inside is good. If you collect eraser toys, these came with random toys in each box, so you might have to collect a few sets to get them all.

6. Takatoku Macross Variety Bag Spartan & Defender. This is a really rare set of eraser toys. No one knew about its existence until about 3 years ago when a couple showed up on YJA. Its not a "bag" as indicated, but rather a box of eraser toys. It has two large toys and a bunch of medium toys.

7. Takatoku Macross Robo Case rubber toys - 1/160 VF1J Battroid, 1/160 Regult, 1/320 Spartan, Small erasers: Valkyrie Fighter, Regult (2), Tomahawk, Armored Battroid VF1J, Glaug, Monster (2), Defender, Fighter Pod, VF1J Battroid. These are kinda common, though most people don’t realize that there are actually 3 different Robo case sizes. This is the medium sized canister and most common. The smallest sized case is the hardest to find.

8. Ohsato carded VF-1J Battroid and Tomahawk. This one is a bit different from the other carded ones in that it features two large toys.

eraser2.jpg

Top left to right:

1. Ohsato Gattai Robo Pura No. 1 - VF-1J, No.2 - Armored Battroid, No. 3 – Glaug, No. 4 – Tomahawk. This is a full set. These are jointed and articulated large sized eraser toys. They are pretty funky looking when assembled, but that makes them cool. They come unassembled. The Glaug and Tomahawk are very rare.

2. 2 Ohsato Special Box sets ("Korekushon Keshigomu"). These are small boxes that have 5 or 6 random small eraser toys in them. These eraser toys are common loose, but more rare in the box.

3. Ohsato Collectible Eraser envelopes box. This is the box only. I found it at Kimono My house in California a while back. The toys were all sold out of it, but the box was cool and I figured I would eventually find the envelope toys by themselves, but never did.

Bottom left to right:

4. Seika Note bagged small eraser toys, Monster, Glaug, Spartan, VF1J Battroid, SDF-1, Defender. These are pretty rare in my opinion. While easily confused with the Ohsato releases to the right, the Seika Note eraser toys are distinctly different with their brighter colors and individually labeled baggies complete with box art for each mecha.

5. Collectible Erasers set ("Korekushon Keshigomu") VF1J Battroid, Armored Battroid, Glaug, Regult, Spartan, Tomahawk, SDF-1, Defender. These are fairly common as far as eraser toys. There are two different baggy labels (yellow and blue). The toys come in a variety of colors and I was looking at collecting one of each color and label (I know, I’m obsessed). The box (to the right) is in good condition.

Edited by Totoro242

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's some pretty serious eraser collecting there, Totoro! (Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier.) Really something to see. Thanks for the pictures and the exhaustive details!

The sculpts on these little guys & gals are really amazing. The Super Real Type ones make beautiful small sculptures in their own right - if they were usually bent and contorted into unnatural poses.

The medium-sized Spartan that was included in the collection I obtained was bent, and I boiled/heated & reformed it. The adjusted pose lasted for several months, but then slipped back into the drunken tilt it started with... :-(

I got a couple of those SD decals in a couple of Gundam erasers a friend sent me during the same period the Macross ones came from. Never got any of the Macross SD's unfortunately.

That Nosjadeul-Ger is up to something objectionable, I think!

Edited by AcroRay

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thread is so informative! Thanks everyone! Love the pics! I think that some of these erasers (or maybe bootlegs) were handed out as kids' meals toys at fast food joints in the Philippines when I was growing up.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...