1/60 VF-1 replacement shoulder hinge

VF5SS

With this thread, there should be no regrets on purchasing a Valk with broken shoulders. I'm jealous you were able to land that 1J. It's one of the Valks I'm missing :(

With this thread, there should be no regrets on purchasing a Valk with broken shoulders. I'm jealous you were able to land that 1J. It's one of the Valks I'm missing :(

Exactly! I would gladly buy the older version 2's. Broken shoulders and all.

Quick question, the v2 VF-1's with the new crotch system have the fix for the breaking shoulder hinge (smooth pins), right? did this finally stop the breakage?

I just want to know because I'll be ordering soon this replacement parts and some of my VF-1's have not arrived yet so I can order the right amount to try and get everything on time.

• 1 month later...

I totally forgot to order this. I still need it for my vf-1j. I been having it in the plane mode for so long. Oh yea, when does shapeway have those free shipping days?

Edited by dapro

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh man, was boxing up my v2's and the arm hinge on my 1D broke mid transformation. Is this still available? is Arcadia issuing hinges like Yamato did? Has any one else designed similar hinges with pins in them?

They are still available.

• 1 year later...

First post yay =}

Just managed to find a Reasonably priced VT-1 considering that they now sell for over 1000 anywhere I look (Also Canadian here, our economy hurts), and while it's still shipping, I was wondering if there was any way to dye the replacements in that VT-1 cream colour. I also have no idea how to dye things...

First post yay =}

Just managed to find a Reasonably priced VT-1 considering that they now sell for over 1000 anywhere I look (Also Canadian here, our economy hurts), and while it's still shipping, I was wondering if there was any way to dye the replacements in that VT-1 cream colour. I also have no idea how to dye things...

Matching the VT1 cream color is pretty hard. I ended up using black colored hinges instead.

• 2 months later...

I just started the valk surgery to install these and to my horror, the shapeways shoulders hole for the pin is so tiny. the original pin won't fit! Does someone have some advice on how to get around this? Replacement pins, or somehow drilling out the shoulder pinhole? I have a 1s sitting here in pieces and its making me nervous. I would have never have attempted this had I known the pin wasn't going to fit.

Edit: ok, i just forced the pins through and they cleared out the hole. So that's that. However, it raises another question.

These new hinges don't fold down quite flat like the ones on the toy do. I don't know if that's normal, and the arms dont seem to be drooping down in fighter, but i wonder if it will cause stress on the locking points between the legs and backpack.

29950112084_553ffb9e2c_c.jpg

Edited by Cowboy17