Allspark Pictures and the Hasbro Cinematic Universe

So Hasbro's got a film label now, Allspark Pictures, and they're working with Universal on a cinematic universe based on Hasbro's toy properties.

More Transformer movies? Meh.

A reboot of the GI Joe films? Hope it's better than the last attempt.

M.A.S.K? Wait, now I'm kinda getting interested...

Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light? HOLY CRAP WHERE DO I BUY TICKETS?!

Visionaries in the same universe as GI Joe? *head explodes*

No joke, I really want a Visionaries movie. This better not fall through!

It also better not lead to a Battleship reboot...

I loved Visionaries as a kid. Funky Knights with hologram stickers of animals on their chest. Whenever I bring up the show or action figures to people I know, no one knows what I'm talking about. They all know g.i. Joe, Transformers and Mask, but none have heard of Visionaries.

On one hand I'm very interested in a movie, but I can't see that as part of the same universe. Also was there a real fan base for this.

A non crap Jem movie is probably not possible. I just can't see how it could be done. The cartoon was torture for young boys and only a fraction of girls watched it and almost no one in this generation know anything about this other than word of a recent failed movie.

I loved Visionaries as a kid. Funky Knights with hologram stickers of animals on their chest. Whenever I bring up the show or action figures to people I know, no one knows what I'm talking about. They all know g.i. Joe, Transformers and Mask, but none have heard of Visionaries.

On one hand I'm very interested in a movie, but I can't see that as part of the same universe. Also was there a real fan base for this.

+ 1

Loved Visionaries, I had so many of the toys. Lion dude, Cheetah dude, Hawk dude their vehicle - even a few of the bad guys Gorilla (I think), and the main villain.

Sorry, too tired and too lazy to look up the names right now.

Those toys fell victim to my youth, pretty sure they ended up in the trash a loooooonnnnngggg time ago.

If they did a movie I'd be curious purely from a nostalgic point of view, but otherwise it really would depend on how well the production was executed.

-b.

I just couldn't believe how awful the first GI JOE movie was. To completely and utterly fail that bad with so much history and background to work from was almost awe inspiring.

I lived in Germany during most the 80's so my access to toys and cartoons was limited. GI Joe and MASK were available in the PX, but I'd never heard of Visionaries until now and after reading about them on wiki it's too bad they didn't last long. The premise sounds interesting enough...

I still want to see a not crap Jem movie.

Seriously.

A non crap Jem movie is probably not possible. I just can't see how it could be done. The cartoon was torture for young boys and only a fraction of girls watched it and almost no one in this generation know anything about this other than word of a recent failed movie.

Nah. Animated Jem had more fans in the late 1980s than the crap movie had by far. Hasbro and Universal would have made more money by taking two hours from the old cartoon, splicing it together, and making that the movie instead of doing what they did to the property.

Seriously.

Nah. Animated Jem had more fans in the late 1980s than the crap movie had by far. Hasbro and Universal would have made more money by taking two hours from the old cartoon, splicing it together, and making that the movie instead of doing what they did to the property.

I feel like the concept and look of Jem would work really well as an anime today. wanna get on that Japan?

A Transformers movie in a new direction would be cool. I enjoyed Pacific Rim more than the Transformers movies. Make the designs and transformations like G1/Masterpiece.

A live action M.A.S.K. movie would be cool too.

Edited by sh9000

I think a GI Joe and Transformers would be the easiest to share a universe with. I felt the Last 2 Fast and Furious movies had several elements from Mask. So it too could be easily adapted.

Make the designs and transformations like G1/Masterpiece.

I hate when people say this, I really, really do. What they should do a movie with a unique, movie specific aesthetic, but this time don't make it look like crap.

Edited by anime52k8

I hate when people say this, I really, really do. What they should do a movie with a unique, movie specific aesthetic, but this time don't make it look like crap.

I hate when people say this. They've already tried for 4 movies.

I hate when people say this. They've already tried for 4 movies.

What are you even talking about? The problem with the movie designs is that they suck, period. Making them GEEWHUNNN!!!! isn't going to fix the problem.

My brother and I had several Visionaries. If I remember correctly, each character would recite some poem to unlock their animal power/attack from either their chest or staff.

I kinda hated that they were in their own scale which was between GI Joe and He-Man figures.

Edited by Golden Arms

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...