Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oh hey, the MC himself is finally up for preorder.

1/6 scale Master chief (halo 4 version) from 3A. 13.5 inches tall, fully articulated, light up. bambaland exlusive version comes with light up forerunner light rifle. $240USD pay up front with free shipping.

http://www.bambalandstore.com/

masterchief_zps5725c6f9.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Made a fairly large pre-order for these guys. Might pick up Darth too.

attachicon.gifstormtrooper1.jpg

attachicon.gifscouttrooper.jpg

Still not sure how deep in the SW line I want to go.

Think I might just get a vader and fett when they ship. I'm really not going to collect 10 or 20 Hot Toys Star Wars figures.

• 2 weeks later...

I think HT has been working on Star Wars stuff for months as they knew the Licenses would come through. They initially said that they would do figures that wouldn't conflict with SS lines but I think that's out the door. SS probably knew it too and pushed a lot of figures out the door.

Them BAM HT has 6 or 7 figures ready right after comic con.

It's a glut of product to be honest.

Sideshow helps them distribute in NA, but I'm sure HT could do that on their own if push came to shove. Some people prefer some of the SS stuff but I think it's all second class. It's going to make pretty much all of the SS stuff tank. Cancelled PO and loss of value.

I guess diehards will buy some of the lesser known stuff. IDK.

If Sideshow was smart they would focus on oddball characters that HT might never get to and let HT do the big stuff. But then again, SS could have never pulled off a decent Chewie. It's a tight spot for them.

I think SS should focus on Comic representations and maybe Horror stuff.

Both companies can easily release the exact same figures and still sell tons of them for a vary simple reason: Star Wars collectors are stupid and will buy literally ANYTHING with the SW logo on it, IN MULTIPLE.

I'm pretty sure HT and SS had a discussion about things before signing off on it but with a little push from Disney on how to merchandise things. Even if SS's takes a hit on the investment they've put into the 1/6 line, they'll make it back in no time with the Hot Toys line. I think Sideshow will be OK making the 1/4 scale Premium Format line.

Maybe they talked, but I think HT's global domination isn't going to wait for SS's concerns. They have designers who would love to do the same figure they will do it.

Both companies can easily release the exact same figures and still sell tons of them for a vary simple reason: Star Wars collectors are stupid and will buy literally ANYTHING with the SW logo on it, IN MULTIPLE.

You have a good point. I forgot how dumb SW collectors are.

I collected POTF stuff in the 90's. That broke me of collecting Star Wars toys haha. It's just junk at this point. Market flooded junk.

Though, I did sell some carded 80's stuff a few years back and made a nice profit.

I got a Medicom Fett but it was pretty terrible.

Oh jesus.. the force is strong with that one!

Looks like it will be a ROTJ version too with some red tones.

People are saying its going to be 1/4 due to the emblem on the shot.

Actual suit:

500px-BH_Boba_ROTJ_Full.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

• 2 weeks later...

Thanos. Please oh please oh please oh please let him be (or rather, become) as captivating in the movie universe as he was in Thanos Quest.

The only HT/Sideshow item I have left out of Iron Man Mark IV, VII, XXI (Midas) War Machine I, and Star Wars Captain Rex is Iron Man Mark XXXIII (Silver Centurion). But I'm seriously tempted on Thanos, Iron Man Mark XLIII and of course Baby Groot.

-b.