1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Just now, Kuma Style said:

Sorry for the apparent confusion. 

------------------------------------------

I did receive my Yamato in the mail today and honestly... no words. It's absolutely gorgeous. To the point where I don't really WANT to transform it.

That's why I have three.... soon to be four when the FB2012 is released.

4 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Noob question.. this came with stand adapters but no stand. What stand am I supposed to be using with this?

It will work with the Arcadia launch arm: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07PM6DBT4/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=arcadiaスタンド&qid=1572457979&sr=8-1

The Arcadia Base Stand: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00OXEQOC2/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=arcadiaスタンド&qid=1572457979&sr=8-4

And most likely everybody will recommend the Yeti Stands (he's one of our own from Macrossworld): https://www.yetistand.com/

Edited by Mommar

7 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It will work with the Arcadia launch arm: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07PM6DBT4/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=arcadiaスタンド&qid=1572457979&sr=8-1

The Arcadia Base Stand: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00OXEQOC2/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=arcadiaスタンド&qid=1572457979&sr=8-4

And most likely everybody will recommend the Yeti Stands (he's one of our own from Macrossworld): https://www.yetistand.com/

The yeti stand adapter portion is pretty confusing for me which is unfortunate because it looks awesome. 

3 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I can't wait to see your pics once you get it all together.

Not going to be any time soon unfortunately, resin is completely new to me and I have a gunpla backlog approaching 150 kits that's taking up more space.

Plus I haven't even set up my airbrush or spray booth (portable) at my new condo yet.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not going to be any time soon unfortunately, resin is completely new to me and I have a gunpla backlog approaching 150 kits that's taking up more space.

Plus I haven't even set up my airbrush or spray booth (portable) at my new condo yet.

No rush, man. Just being supportive.

38 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Doesn't everyone have 4x VF-4 already? :rolleyes:

The try hard is strong with this post.

40 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I don't know what that even means.

That's cool.

-------------------

This is just glorious.

3-350.png

---------------------------------------

Side note: These are some of the best instructions I've ever seen. No idea of what a single word in them says but the pictures, arrow placements, etc. etc. made transforming this pretty darned easy. I wish a lot of other transforming toy companies would look over stuff like this and use it as a blue print for how to use pictures to guide people through something because quite a few are awful.

Edited by Kuma Style

4 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

The yeti stand adapter portion is pretty confusing for me which is unfortunate because it looks awesome. 

Just think of the YA adapters as which way you want to orient the valk in relation to the Yeti arms. Parallel use standing. Perpendicular use banking.  Same thing applies for the DX adapters. The other adapters were created because some of the OEM ones had terrible placements when mounted or blocked the gunpod I believe.

Edited by wmkjr

23 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Just think of the YA adapters as which way you want to orient the valk in relation to the Yeti arms. Parallel use standing. Perpendicular use banking.  Same thing applies for the DX adapters. The other adapters were created because some of the OEM ones had terrible placements when mounted or blocked the gunpod I believe.

Oh, ok... so there's no need for an adapter at all unless I want it displayed at a particular angle?

Not quite.  The adapters are the things that bolt to the end of the clear arm.  For Yamato/Arcadia, they are a small rectangular hole, which the included stand mount that comes with the toy, slots right into.  Same for the Bandai ones, only they are a long rectangular hole.  And then there's thee new Macross 0 ones which I think use a different sized hole altogether. 

In short, if you buy a Yeti Stand without an adapter, you'll have no way to mount your toy, even though it's also got a stand adapter with it.  I think Yeti bundles some simpler stands for Bandai use with a Bandai adapter but as far as I'm aware, there's no "bundle" for Yamato/Arcadia offerings.

Hope that helps.

53 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Not quite.  The adapters are the things that bolt to the end of the clear arm.  For Yamato/Arcadia, they are a small rectangular hole, which the included stand mount that comes with the toy, slots right into.  Same for the Bandai ones, only they are a long rectangular hole.  And then there's thee new Macross 0 ones which I think use a different sized hole altogether. 

In short, if you buy a Yeti Stand without an adapter, you'll have no way to mount your toy, even though it's also got a stand adapter with it.  I think Yeti bundles some simpler stands for Bandai use with a Bandai adapter but as far as I'm aware, there's no "bundle" for Yamato/Arcadia offerings.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very, VERY much and that all makes sense. If one of you gets a second could you point ke to exactly which adapter to buy... I just want one that plain points straight. Nothing crazy.

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

Thank you very, VERY much and that all makes sense. If one of you gets a second could you point ke to exactly which adapter to buy... I just want one that plain points straight. Nothing crazy.

Get the YA standing adapter if you want it straight in line with the arm.  Here is a quick reference:

608119518_YetiYAadapter.jpg.db11c9db7f31a41db7d5995596871fb8.jpg

Yeti has a bundle for the Arcadia Macross Stand if you already have that one.

Edited by wmkjr

^^^
Bingo!  See, I knew it'd been too long since I'd browsed the site.  That set is exactly like the Bandai bundle, but requires you to already have an Arcadia stand for it to work.  Still, those two adapters it comes with and wmkjr's pic should help this make a lot more sense now.

The one thing to remember with these stands is that there's no right or wrong adapter.  Well unless you buy a Bandai adapter for a non-Bandai toy, of course.  Using a combination of parts and elbows means there are a huge number of possible mounting options to experiment with.

Ok cool. So the YA standing and Banking adapters are what the pieces that came with this VF-4G will plug into, right? and from what I'm seeing the difference is the way the pieces face/balance on the stand?

And thank you all so much for helping with this. I can say without your posts looking at this site would still make 0 sense.

@derex3592 That admittedly DOES look great but I'm bleeping boring, lol.