QUEL-QUALLIE BUG-EYE - 1/720 IMAI kit

Edward Kwan

I love it! Wow, what an amazing job you've done. The craft looks menacing with the colors you've painted. You achieved a real sense of depth and weight using the colors. I'm very impressed.

Only thing I might critique is the deployed sensor array; the dish looks a little to deep and bright yellow. I only say this because as part of my next update, I carefully reviewed the footage of SDF Macross series to color a new version of the sensor array. The yellow is fairly pale, almost tan, at least in the close-up scenes. If you're interested, here is the revised version I colored.

Again, fantastic work. I'm amazed by what you've done. The best model of the theatre scout that I've ever seen.

post-114-0-76317700-1403618273_thumb.gif

Edited by Mr March

• 1 year later...

Great stuff Kwan. I'm about to do mine so this has inspired me to continue to build my version of it. Its not the greatest kit, the plastic is thick and hard but the details on the kit are pretty good for what it is.

I loved that kit! I was happy when Neptune Models released one. That was a fun build.

Great work on that motor! What a beauty.

Which is bigger in size, the Imai or the Neptune?

Edited by arbit

Very nice work!