SCOOP thread!

EXO

Macross II is like the bastard child of the Macross franchise.

And that answer completely failed to address the inquiry in question.

Established canon elitists will always dislike, loathe, or hate Macross II and anything associated with it to varying degrees ranging from mild condescending disdain to foaming-at-the-mouth apoplexy. And fans will often point out that once-upon-a-time MII was the sequel to DYRL?, warts and all, until being relegated to Alt. Universe, second banana status. None of that alters the design/aesthetic merits of the show's mecha, and the Valkyrie II and Icarus are very nice, and sexy, indeed... to those who appreciate them.

So, all that baggage aside, the question is a valid one... what about the VF-2SS? I'd personally love to see it given the 1/60 treatment by either Yamato or Bandai, I don't care which.

Edit: And Yamato's rendition of the sexy VF-4 thusfar looks outstanding.

Edited by mechaninac

Macross II is like the bastard child of the Macross franchise.

And just like John Snow, the VF-2SS is a fan favourite.

I'd love a VF-2JA Icarus too. I love the contrast in design for both of them,. I too would love to see these from Yamato.

And that answer completely failed to address the inquiry in question.

Established canon elitists will always dislike, loathe, or hate Macross II and anything associated with it to varying degrees ranging from mild condescending disdain to foaming-at-the-mouth apoplexy. And fans will often point out that once-upon-a-time MII was the sequel to DYRL?, warts and all, until being relegated to Alt. Universe, second banana status. None of that alters the design/aesthetic merits of the show's mecha, and the Valkyrie II and Icarus are very nice, and sexy, indeed... to those who appreciate them.

So, all that baggage aside, the question is a valid one... what about the VF-2SS? I'd personally love to see it given the 1/60 treatment by either Yamato or Bandai, I don't care which.

Edit: And Yamato's rendition of the sexy VF-4 thusfar looks outstanding.

I'd love a VF-2JA Icarus too. I love the contrast in design for both of them,. I too would love to see these from Yamato.

Hey guys I did not say I hated Macross II designs, but I was pointing out what I have observed. Kawamori doesn't even recognize it as cannon, that's how it got "relegated to Alt. Universe"

I agree it would be great for major macross toy mfg to produce PT toys of MacII designs, the more transforming toy's available the better has always been my stance on toy's. I also feel it

was a a valid question, and I answered with what I felt has seemed pretty obvious for a while now to me anyways.

Sorry if my post seemed to imply that you were one of the haters. It was a statement about elitists in general (they're out there, make no mistake), whose snobbish devotion to their preferred canon blinds them to the positive aspects of everything else; similar to the whole dub vs. sub validity debates... why not both? It's just that your post brought that hole aspect of fandom to mind.

Edited by mechaninac

Sorry if my post seemed to imply that you were one of the haters. It was a statement about elitists in general (they're out there, make no mistake), whose snobbish devotion to their preferred canon blinds them to the positive aspects of everything else; similar to the whole dub vs. sub validity debates... why not both? It's just that your post brought that hole aspect of fandom to mind.

No apologies necessary, just wanted to clear it up.

Game of Thrones reference spotted.

And yes I am a big fan of the VF-2, and i never saw Macross II. I just love the design, really far from any other valk's design. And above all, I think there are too many VF-1 edition (and more to come...)... we need fresh new Valks ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I did not say I hated Macross II designs, but I was pointing out what I have observed. Kawamori doesn't even recognize it as cannon, that's how it got "relegated to Alt. Universe"

So then what happens when Kawamori quits Macross entirely or simply dies of old age?

He is getting up there...

There is no new blood, the fanbase seems incapable of accepting any story without his name attached (with the recent exception of Mikimoto).

What happends then?

So then what happens when Kawamori quits Macross entirely or simply dies of old age?

There is no new blood, the fanbase seems incapable of accepting any story without his name attached (with the recent exception of Mikimoto).

What happends then?

2rtj.jpg

pilot.jpg

I'd love to see another writer tackle the next macross anime.

However, only Kawamori should be allowed to do the mecha designs for the VFs.

While Tenjin is a fantastic artist at illustrating other peoples designs, he has yet to prove that he can design VFs himself, that fit the in-universe style.

Graham

I'd love to see another writer tackle the next macross anime.

However, only Kawamori should be allowed to do the mecha designs for the VFs.

While Tenjin is a fantastic artist at illustrating other peoples designs, he has yet to prove that he can design VFs himself, that fit the in-universe style.

Graham

At the moment, he hasn't been given the opportunity to design his own things, though.

On a related note:

http://www.macrossworld.com/2198/im-like-a-backlash-against-kawamori-san-and-mikimoto-san-hidetaka-tenjin-interview-from-macross-the-first-volume-1/

I'm fine with almost everyone's role for the moment, except I agree with the writer and bring back Mikimoto as the character designer. Yokko Kanno's music is awesome though, I really enjoyed Frontier's music. Did she do BGM to or just the songs? The BGM on Frontier had an epic feel.

I'm fine with almost everyone's role for the moment, except I agree with the writer and bring back Mikimoto as the character designer. Yokko Kanno's music is awesome though, I really enjoyed Frontier's music. Did she do BGM to or just the songs? The BGM on Frontier had an epic feel.

She did everything. :)

• 3 weeks later...

What happends then?

They will do like R.O.D. the series and scatter the essence of Kawamori (his mind) in the form of energy across the atmosphere. Then collect said energy and download it into Tenjin or another suitable host.Or... they go the Ghost in Shell route and transfer him into a cyborg body.

• 1 month later...