The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Pulled the trigger on MP-10, looking forward to adding him to my Prime collection. He's only my 2nd MP so it'll be interesting to see the changes the line has undergone since the original MP-01.

Congrats on your new Prime. I was counting on the new Faith Leader for an MP Prime that fits the new smaller scale. Now that's been cancelled so my dreams are dashed to bits.

Edited by RD Blade

You know, that never made any sense. Putting Dinobots in the movies would have given Bay a free pass to have robots burping & farting fire, bungilng into things , etc. You'd think he would have jumped at the chance.

I have to agree; giant robot dinosaurs acting like complete idiots onscreen are right up his alley.

If the ROTF DVD commentary is to be believed, it was because Orzman (you know, like Bennifer and Brangelina... ;) ) couldn't figure out a way to logically put transforming robot dinosaurs into the movie.

Congrats on your new Prime. I was counting on the new Faith Leader for an MP Prime that fits the new smaller scale. Now that's been cancelled so my dreams are dashed to bits.

Hey thanks :) BBTS shipped him out this morning with an ETA of Wednesday for his arrival so I'll be sure to post some thoughts. My buddy just got a new digital SLR and wants to shoot some pictures of my collection so maybe I'll post a few and a group shot of all my Primes.

I had no idea they had canned the small scale Faith Leader, what a bummer :/. I know plenty of people who were exited about that one.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I have to agree; giant robot dinosaurs acting like complete idiots onscreen are right up his alley.

If the ROTF DVD commentary is to be believed, it was because Orzman (you know, like Bennifer and Brangelina... ;) ) couldn't figure out a way to logically put transforming robot dinosaurs into the movie.

They couldn't figure out how to have more allspark shards bring dinosaur robots to life? Or perhaps have them originally made by "The Fallen" on his first trip to Earth? Would have been tons of simple ways to pull it off, especially since they already had the nonsensicle "Ravage" design.

They couldn't figure out how to have more allspark shards bring dinosaur robots to life? Or perhaps have them originally made by "The Fallen" on his first trip to Earth? Would have been tons of simple ways to pull it off, especially since they already had the nonsensicle "Ravage" design.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, they've been carbon copying so much from past TF media, they might as well take a page from TFA and give fans what they want.

And yeah, that Cyclopean Ravage design is horrid. I remember seeing an early concept design of Ravage with a much cleaner, Alien "chest burster" type head design that looks worlds better--it's on the second bonus DVD of the limited edition ROTF pack with the Bumblebee case. A shame they settled on this one instead.

New Images of Perfect Effect PE-DX-01 RC

(Or Mospeada Arcee, like I call her^^)

From Robotkingdom

Source Seibertron.com

I've got my eye on the blue one. Hopefully the local hobby store will be bringing these in.

Edited by GU-11

Sweet I can add MP-10 back on to my want list. I'm glad Hasbro didn't change much on Prime's deco. B)) Accurate game colored Bruticus being an SDCC exclusive kind of blows, but I think I'll still try to pick one up. From the new pictures Bruticus looks passable for a retail combiner.

Seibertron.com has a whole article about it. I am glad because nothings seems to have change except for the color of Roller from the Takara version and now I don't have to spend 240 for it.....though I was so close to. The only reason i haven't is i didn't have the funds yet.

Any idea how much Hasbro MP-10 will be? I didn't feel like paying an arm and a leg to import him, but I always figured I'd buy him if he got a domestic release. The fact that he's coming with the trailer (as opposed to Rodimus) has me simultaneously worried and excited.

Likewise, the Hasbro Toy Shop has been pretty good about selling SDCC toys (I've got Pepsi Prime and Classics Nemesis Prime). If he's not too expensive, I'll probably try to get Bruticus. The G1 colors look a lot better than the weird colors the individual retail guys. And it'll save me the trouble of trying to track the pieces down individually.

Thanks for all the info guys. @Mikeszekely, I think they said $100. And wow! I'm pretty excited for this. I too was close to pulling the trigger on a Takara one, but I'm glad I waited.

It's very rare for me to actually shop for toys locally, with most of the stuff I like only being available through webshops, but purchasing a collector grade item like this in stores will be a nostalgic experience indeed. The first robot toy I EVER owned that I can actually recall was my Armada Optimus Prime (I'm fairly young), and I spent YEARS playing with that thing as a kid.

Not a day went by when I didn't transform it countless times over. Sadly, I don't have it anymore. Hopefully, this will bring back many memories :)

well, hey now!

if this gets priced under $90 and readily available from amazon and wally's, i'll be getting it.

Along with Soundwave voyager-class and that, well, lameass Bruticus there...

oh, and hasbro's mp-10 better not be another scalper-friendly TRU-exclusive. :angry:

Confirmed by BotCon 2012 Hasbro Panel to be a TRU Exclusive.

@*$#(^&!)$%^*#%(#@*&^!

F U, Hasbro!

:rolleyes:

:edit:

In other news, TFCC subscription service. As much as I don't like the idea of it, I need that Slipstream and RID Scourge. Also, the membership freebee Depth Charge is kind of tempting.

http://www.tfw2005.c...rge-yay-174943/

did I mention that Slipstream out of Prime deluxe Starscream is awesome.

reading through the thread it sounds like you'll be able to buy single figures as well as signing up for a full subscription, but it will cost you more per figure. Honestly, I'm fine with paying extra if all I'm getting is 2 or 3 out of possibly a dozen or more.

BTW, on the subject of US release of MP-10, It looks like the differences between US and Japanese versions are color of Roller (toy blue instead of tv silver), the blue plastic which looks lighter, and the fact that the trailer is now completely unpainted grey plastic except for the stripe on the side.

and Bruticus is starting to look better, I'd like SDCC colors if I can get it.

Edited by anime52k8

Slipstream is awesome, too bad I'll never own it. But anyways---do I even need to say if I want to buy the big new-not-Superion, with real-life alt-modes? :)

PS---I believe my MP-01 is for sale now, if anyone's interested.

PPS--since G1/game/art-accurate colors FOC Bruticus will be a convention-exclusive I can't get/afford, that also allows me to save money for Superion.

Which combiner team will you buy---a heavily-compromised neon-colored spindly Bruticus---or what is basically a team of Valkyries? :)

Mp-10 hasbro doesnt seem to have any flaw. Even the clear packaging works to its advantage. Only missing out on the takara box and takara mp10 coin and and diff color roller. Smokestacks are their , his energon ax present, tranasforming trailer , roler,spike. Total win have to give hasbro props on this one

For $99 plus or minus a buck, my Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime is going in the closet and getting replaced with MP-10, even if I have to drive to TRU every morning for a month.

As for Bruticus, as long as they keep him under $99 and sell him in the Hasbro Toy Shop, I'm there. Otherwise I'll be bouncing between two Walmarts, two Targets, and a TRU looking for the uglier individual limbs.

I'm surprised the smokestacks haven't been neutered.

As for the fig itself, I also wonder how Hasbro managed to lower the price that drastically. The only difference I see is the missing silver paint apps in the trailer, OP's face, ribs and groin. The coin, too.

Could it be cheaper plastic?