MG rex is on the way

Hi mates!

Geez I just stumble on an amazing announcement:

ThreeA toys is gonna release a huge, fully articulated MG Rex for the end of the year.

Sorry I cannot post pictures but you will find them easily.

It's awesome and Ray is next.

Hi mates!

ThreeA toys is gonna release a huge, fully articulated MG Rex for the end of the year.

From the pics I've seen it's GIGANTIC!!! Full of win, great news!!!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

It's nice, and it's big, but I'm not a fan of threeA's over-the-top weathering. It looks well done and very convincing, but for the most part I don't want my toys looking like they've been rusting in a junkyard for ten years.

It's nice, and it's big, but I'm not a fan of threeA's over-the-top weathering. It looks well done and very convincing, but for the most part I don't want my toys looking like they've been rusting in a junkyard for ten years.

Yes, I second that. I rather want a clean Rex than a MGS4 battle damaged one.

Well some good repaint could easily correct that.

And yes, it is HUGE!

rex.jpg

Check this out too: MG REX

Edited by CAIN MKII

Hi mates!

I like the pics, but i couldn't find any mention of them doing a MG Ray next?

Is there any official confirmation?

Thanks

Would have looked better less weathered. I'm wondering if they're trying to paint it to look like this really famous "file" photo (I think it's legit) of the Rex in a conceptual operation"

REX.jpg

Src: http://forceoperationsx.webs.com/

I hope they do the "Big Boss" generation MG's some day - The Shagohod, Raxa, and the whole lineup from Peace Walker have that classic but mechanicool design.

I think they're going for the MSG4 look, with the exposed radar internals and the missing armor on the head. although technically it shouldn't have the rail gun (maybe it will be detachable?)

511u7q.jpg

I think they're going for the MSG4 look, with the exposed radar internals and the missing armor on the head. although technically it shouldn't have the rail gun (maybe it will be detachable?)

511u7q.jpg

Maybe its just me, but I can't see the relevance of the toy's weathered look to either mgs4 or the previous games.

In all the games, Rex seems to have a camo going, not weathering. Its even apparent in the picture.

I don't know, maybe i am just color blind.

-Archer (who is hoping dearly for a Ray)

i remember building a model of this thing out of Fisher-Price "CONSTRUX"

over ten years ago. i recall it being somewhat larger than this model.

i had managed to build it very close to the original design, actually.

i remember letting my pet hamsters and rats roam around inside...

Edited by Shaorin

Maybe its just me, but I can't see the relevance of the toy's weathered look to either mgs4 or the previous games.

In all the games, Rex seems to have a camo going, not weathering. Its even apparent in the picture.

I don't know, maybe i am just color blind.

-Archer (who is hoping dearly for a Ray)

it's because threeA is making this and they love weathering. every toy they make is all dirty and rusty looking, even people.

Holy Bejebus that thing is huge, but at a $400.00 price tag, I'll pass.

Maybe if we could get a plastic kit mass produced or something. Maybe 1/72 scale

I bought the 1st issue of 1/6 ED-209 by Hot Toys; it was badass and it was huuuge! But as soon as I put it together, I noticed that it lacked poseability. I sold it asap.

I hope that this REX will have a lot of poseability! I'm in, I just showed my wife and she said that I can make the purchase. LOL.

This will compliment my Shadow Moses Solid Snake.

Ooh yeeeaaaah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvrbUWEKRnk

Has anyone else been following this?

off-topic: this game is gonna be sweet (at least for me, as I was one of the weird kids who liked Raiden)

on-topic: the new game is most-likely gonna have some sweet new MGs that could be a possibility for a model as well

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32887&view=findpost&p=856451

Posted the release videos in the Video game thread a couple days ago but apparently everyone's too busy beating off to the 3DS to care. :rolleyes:

semi-on topic, I already know I want figures of new Raiden and whatever the hell that is with the arm mounted .50 caliber. preferably from someone other than Medicom (really not impressed with their other MGS figures.)

*opens thread*

Meh.

I thought maybe Bandai had gone and produced a 1/100 grade Mastergrade Rex figure like they did Goku from Dragon Ball Z.

It's about time Basara's Hot Blond Motorcycle riding lover got some recognition....

Pete

*opens thread*

Meh.

I thought maybe Bandai had gone and produced a 1/100 grade Mastergrade Rex figure like they did Goku from Dragon Ball Z.

It's about time Basara's Hot Blond Motorcycle riding lover got some recognition....

Pete

... are you high right now? :blink:

• 1 year later...

IT LIVES!!!

3A toys' obscenely large metal gear Rex is in fact still happening. New pictures of the updated prototype (sans legs) were cerculated in their latest 3Avox news letter with the following information:

The wait is nearly over, soon we will be offering Metal Gear REX, from the epic game series METAL GEAR SOLID. It goes without saying we are very proud to work with Team Kojima and Konami to bring a large size REX toy to the world! Check out some photos of the prototype ( sans legs, due to a typhoon yesterday, a fully made up REX wasn't available for shots ), the full reveal is coming, with all the details! And don't forget , Metal Gear RAY is not far behind!

So, if you're interested (and you should be) hit up 3A's production blog and official legion forum for more information.

http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/

http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

and for those of you who don't know or forgot about how big this sucker is, here's the original prototype.

dsc03851e.jpg

Yikes to the size of that thing and the price.

Would have looked better less weathered. I'm wondering if they're trying to paint it to look like this really famous "file" photo (I think it's legit) of the Rex in a conceptual operation"

REX.jpg

Src: http://forceoperationsx.webs.com/

I hope they do the "Big Boss" generation MG's some day - The Shagohod, Raxa, and the whole lineup from Peace Walker have that classic but mechanicool design.

Always loved this shot except for the fact that it looks like the REX is about to have its cockpit blown away by that T-80 or 90.

cool! i'd like that on a VF-27 but it'll probably too tough to micronize. so i'll settle for an upgrade set for the 1/3000 SDF boom cannons

The big obstacle on the VF-27 would be finding battery space, in my opinion. Everything else is available in incredibly small sizes.

The big LED flash at the end could be a battery-killer, but still wouldn't be very large. Take a look at some of the cellphones they stuff those things into.