So I started to panel line the RG Strike Freedom today and found out that you really have to clear coat the frame first if you want to panel line it. Otherwise the paint of the lining marker won't be removable with water if you mess up. ^_^

Becareful with the face plate, I lost mine. It broke off really easy and I thought I saved it. then I went to move all the head parts to one side to look at decal guides if there was any for the head and sure enough I lost the face plate.

Looking good!

I can't wait for the RG Wing Zero to get my Gunpla fix on, so I've decided to order HGUC F91 and Crossbone X1 once Croasbone is out. Hopefully, they won't look as out of place with the RGs as the HGUC Nu does.

Much more detailed build than my RG GP01. Very nice. That's about the level of detail I want to achieve for this RG RX-78-2 GFT my cousin bought while he was in Tokyo. At this rate, I won't have it done by Christmas- he gave it to me last year, and I wanted to give it back to him for Christmas this year, as a highly-detailed gunpla-based joke.

I did the exact same thing, but mine broke.

Is there any chance of gluing the wing frame in a fixed open or closed position, and just displaying it like that? Alternately, Bluefin does have a parts replacement service if it came from them.

That's just such a bummer. I had the tiny clear eye piece for my Aile Strike get away a few weeks ago and didn't find it for 36 hours. I was so annoyed and disheartened, so I maybe know a little of how you feel.

Is there any chance of gluing the wing frame in a fixed open or closed position, and just displaying it like that? Alternately, Bluefin does have a parts replacement service if it came from them.

That's just such a bummer. I had the tiny clear eye piece for my Aile Strike get away a few weeks ago and didn't find it for 36 hours. I was so annoyed and disheartened, so I maybe know a little of how you feel.

It's on a pressure point where you snap G1 into F17 so you can open or close it. Thus you can't open or close it cause it snapped right off.

I checked the box and it does have the Blue Fin logo on there so I'll finish building the kit first before I email them for a total parts replacement count. I may as well get a replacement part for the stressed back right skirt as well.

Thanks for the info.

okay sent out the request this morning now I gotta wait a while for them to call me back. In the mean time I finished 90% of the figure (Just that one damn wing is all I gotta do!) and G-Self. And while I was building the G-Self I made a mistake so when I tried to fix it with my hobby knife the blade went right into the side of my index finger and I bled EVERYWHERE! I think the G doesn't mean Gundam it means Gore, Gore Yourself!

I'd estimate that about 50% of all the kits I have built, Gundam or otherwise, have drawn blood at least once. I like to think it makes the process more personal!

The nice thing about how damned sharp most hobby knives are is that they don't hurt much (at least, not at first); the bad thing is that those clean, deep cuts bleed sooooo much. Sometimes I don't even notice I've knicked myself until red smudges start appearing on the plastic!

okay sent out the request this morning now I gotta wait a while for them to call me back. In the mean time I finished 90% of the figure (Just that one damn wing is all I gotta do!) and G-Self. And while I was building the G-Self I made a mistake so when I tried to fix it with my hobby knife the blade went right into the side of my index finger and I bled EVERYWHERE! I think the G doesn't mean Gundam it means Gore, Gore Yourself!

Thoughts on G-Self?

Thoughts on G-Self?

Decent detail and average mobility you'd expect to see in a HG. Biggest downsides are tricky painting of the shoulder verniers and the 30 some odd stickers that have to be placed which some of those sticker details get lost in the deep blue translucent parts.

I'll see if I can take a few shots when I'm done with lunch and chilled out a bit. Busy weekend.

post-600-0-82628200-1414972542_thumb.jpg Here's the photo of the G-self. Flight pack is very similar to me from the Aile Strike but very simplistic. Instead of the wings folding down these fold back.

Lots of panel lining detail going on and a nice black gundam marker does a very nice job.

Mobility is what you'd expect of recent HG kits, shoulders can pull inward towards the chest thanks to the polycaps. Torso has some bending ability but not much.

The head is bulbous and in a way kind of cute and distracting of a design. I mean it works for the overall look but it just doesn't say Gundam to me....more like a Gundam rip off, was never really big on the look....kinda almost seems a bit to Turn Aish.

There's a lot of stickers, around 30, and some of them are covered up by deep blue translucent pieces which lowers the overall affect the stickers give. But in no way are these stickers hard to apply or annoying in any way. I do think the giant sticker on the forehead is worthless as there's a red piece in the center....a single black sticker to fit over t hat would of been fine, not a red and black printed sticker going OVER an existing red piece it's designed from.

A fair amount of painting. Off the top of my head the vulcans, and shoulders require the most paint, added detail in the vernier rockets on the back legs and of course on the flight pack itself and honestly, the shoulders could of had stickers as well, not left completely blue molded, that's a waste of detail that should of.

Surprised by this as well, there was no stand for this unlike MANY HG's I build that have flight modes or packs, this had none. I had a spare laying around so I used that.

For the price which I think I paid 19 dollars, it's not bad. You can easily complete this in 2 hours without all the painting and detailing. It's a cute design but there are things that kind of bug me about this anime and I mostly built this out of curiosity. I don't think I'd buy any others from the series.

Beats me. I was asking Electric Indigo the same thing, since he was the one who posted the pic. Or were you asking him in the first place?

That was a custom entry for the Thailand Gunpla World Cup 2014.

Results were announced yesterday and sad to say it didn't place in the top 3, probably due to not fitting the overall "Gundam" theme.

Edited by joppewo

Decent detail and average mobility you'd expect to see in a HG. Biggest downsides are tricky painting of the shoulder verniers and the 30 some odd stickers that have to be placed which some of those sticker details get lost in the deep blue translucent parts.

I'll see if I can take a few shots when I'm done with lunch and chilled out a bit. Busy weekend.

I kind of like the G-Self's aesthetic... it sort of looks like the love-child of Exia and the AGE-1 normal to me. (And while Age didn't fly with a lot of Gundam fans, I really liked Flit and Asuno's arcs). But having not seen any of Reconguista yet, I can't say I have any special attachment. I guess the G-Self is something I'd pick up at a local hobby store, bit since there isn't a local hobby store within even an hour of me, I guess that's out.

Still going to get Crossbone and F91, though.

That was a custom entry for the Thailand Gunpla World Cup 2014.

Results were announced yesterday and sad to say it didn't place in the top 3, probably due to not fitting the overall "Gundam" theme.

It might have been okay if he didn't add the bike. Still, it's an awesome looking build.

I can believe it, to me, that is trying to hard. Cool, you can model, scratch build but how's it gunpla?

Pity. Looks pretty cool, but yeah, it's not Gundam. More like a scratch-build from a piece of random futuristic cyborg concept art.

Edited by GU-11

I hope that wasn't the reason - the Fenice from Build Fighters had a bike. There was even a kit of it!

Well, technically, the Meteor Hopper's a unicycle. :p:D

Gundam kits on bikes/horses seems to be an upcoming trend lately.

Death Korps of Krieg riders?

Gundam designs have always looked somewhat like medieval armor anyway--IMO, it seems pretty fitting that they'd be "re-imagined" as knights on horses.

Edited by GU-11