Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Got my beta today. :)

Can't wait to get it out and mess with it later! It's 0949 in the production run, so I lucked out and got a very early on one for $95 total! Yay!

All that's left is to pose it with the Super Poseable Alpha and my still unbroken Scott Alpha (fighter mode only now since I don't want it to assplode on me)...

Well, now I have mixed feelings. My Beta's paint apps are pretty aweful in parts. The chest has black streaks on the white plastic and the right leg has a gigantic black thumbprint on it. Anyone know how I might go about removing those without damaging the plasic/parts? I don't want to paint them either...

I will try to photograph it later and post here.

Edited by protostar8

I find that cheap window cleaner - no-name brands with a lot of amonia in them - are great for cleaning away stuff like that. Put in on a paper towel, and rub the marks off with it.

I keep it around for most of my plastic toy cleaning needs.

I find that cheap window cleaner - no-name brands with a lot of amonia in them - are great for cleaning away stuff like that. Put in on a paper towel, and rub the marks off with it.

I keep it around for most of my plastic toy cleaning needs.

Got a name brand?

I still haven't gotten the picture yet, but I will soon if I can't get it off. I e-mail Toynami to see if they would send a replacement part b/c it's the little plastic piece on the upper leg's front, so it should be replaceable.

Going back to the Beta from the CMs Tread, definitely appreciate it's vastly bigger size and far sturdier feel, if I'm a bit disappointed in the chest/cockpit and lack of shoulder missiles. Paint app on my green appears perfect. Not quite satisfied with it's connection to the Alpha, either, but it's miles ahead of the CMs.

Here's some pics of my little mod to the CM Legioss. I like it soo much more in soldier mode now, those tail fins were such an eyesore before. Man, I wish they would've went with the telescoping legs, thats the other eyesore for me, is the knee joints. With the head, I like to raise it up a little, makes it appear there is actually a neck, and not shadowed soo much by the chest and shoulders.

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

I do like the leaner proportions of the CMs than the squat line art. I wish someone would do a version with smaller feet, line art or no (maybe a non-canon future version?).

I was figuring I would find broken Masterpiece Alphas on evil bay... I wanna get one to try a Frankenstein. If it looks like I can make it work, I'll probably get another Legioss/Tread set and do it permanently, most likely followed with a low-viz paint scheme and a couple other modifications. I really wish CMs would offer custom part service. I wanna replace the Stig's intakes with Dark Legioss/Shadow intakes. The upgrade intakes are VASTLY superior to the stock ones, too, of course.

I got my T-rex beagle saddlebags today ^_^ .

Finaly my stick ride-armor is now complete :lol:.

Now were are those CM figures :angry:.

trexbeagle01.jpg

Hey gilermo, how does that small box attach to the back of the seat? I can't figure it out.

Uxi I have a blue Alpha with a couple of pieces broken off. Buy the pieces you need or the whole thing.

Hey gilermo, how does that small box attach to the back of the seat? I can't figure it out.

Uxi I have a blue Alpha with a couple of pieces broken off. Buy the pieces you need or the whole thing.

Hi EXO,

I'm afraid you'll have to use some double sided or double folded tape :rolleyes: .

There is no other way to get it to stick. PMed you about the Alpha :lol:

Unfortunately, Windex did nothing to remove the thumbprint or the streaks. I am attaching the pics, one version that is clean and one version with the trouble areas outlined. For a toy that costs $100, these screw ups shouldn't be there, especially the thumb print!

Edit: The pics don't show the marks super well, but you can see that they are there.

Anyone have any new suggestions?

post-2213-1269382008_thumb.jpg

post-2213-1269382017_thumb.jpg

post-2213-1269382025_thumb.jpg

post-2213-1269382029_thumb.jpg

Edited by protostar8

They seem rather small and light. Have you considered lightly scraping them away with a sharp xacto knife blade? Just very lightly scrape the blade across it a couple of times...

They seem rather small and light. Have you considered lightly scraping them away with a sharp xacto knife blade? Just very lightly scrape the blade across it a couple of times...

Like I said, the pics don't show them well. The ones on the chest would make the shiny plastic dulled if I did that b/c that's what I do on model kits sometimes.

The thumbprint is dark too.

I've also used Carnauba wax to polish ABS to a shine in instances like that.

My local hobby shop used to sell little jars of it, labelled "The Treatment", but I think you can get it in auto parts shops. It has worked really well for me on toys that have become abraised and dulled over time from their original shiny condition.

It is a really unfortunate bit of a mess you have there, and it does sound in particular like you might be better served by exchanging it. I haven't heard of anyone having significant issues with these, so your chances are likely better with the exchange to have one without issues.

I've also used Carnauba wax to polish ABS to a shine in instances like that.

My local hobby shop used to sell little jars of it, labelled "The Treatment", but I think you can get it in auto parts shops. It has worked really well for me on toys that have become abraised and dulled over time from their original shiny condition.

It is a really unfortunate bit of a mess you have there, and it does sound in particular like you might be better served by exchanging it. I haven't heard of anyone having significant issues with these, so your chances are likely better with the exchange to have one without issues.

TY for the info. I am actually seeing if an exchange is possible. The guy bought these direct from Toynami, so I'm asking him to either get them to send me new parts or do an exchange. He said he had 10 total when he started selling them and he has more now. Though honestly, the shipping is a nightmare on these $15 each way, so I don't know if I'm willing to pay $30 for a manufacturer's mistake. It's just a bad situation and he's a reputable seller, but obviously didn't inspect the items b/c it stood out when it was in the box.

I just wanted to send an update on my "thumprint" situation. I had a laugh out loud moment of inspiration. To recap:

Wiping of the thumbprint = fail

Windex = Fail

Paint Thinner = Fail

Cheap $0.10 pencil top eraser = SUCCESS!!!

Just like with using the cheap old erasers that I use to clean up marker lines from panel lining actually took off the thumbprint!!! Though after removing it, I noticed that the finish on the plastic was actually messed up and has the person's finger print permanently embedded in the sealant.

Edit: The eraser also removed the black streaks on the chest plates too! Erasers are quickly becoming the second most important tools in my hobby inventory, edged out only by Exacto knives and sand paper.

Edited by protostar8

Here's some pics of my little mod to the CM Legioss. I like it soo much more in soldier mode now, those tail fins were such an eyesore before. Man, I wish they would've went with the telescoping legs, thats the other eyesore for me, is the knee joints. With the head, I like to raise it up a little, makes it appear there is actually a neck, and not shadowed soo much by the chest and shoulders.

Dang, that looks wayyyy better. How did you do it?

Dang, that looks wayyyy better. How did you do it?

There may have been an easier way to do it, not sure, but this is what I did. I cut the fin the length I wanted and dremeled out a new slot for the hinge. I took the pin out and shortened it, then I used my panel lining tool and carved out little channels on the sides of the slot I cut out. That way the metal pin slides up into the fin piece, with a little pressure sliding it on there and a pinch of superglue. Presto!! I have a Cm Legioss that I can look at, that doesn't bug the poo out of me :lol: Did any of that make sense? I'm terrible at explaining crap.

There may have been an easier way to do it, not sure, but this is what I did. I cut the fin the length I wanted and dremeled out a new slot for the hinge. I took the pin out and shortened it, then I used my panel lining tool and carved out little channels on the sides of the slot I cut out. That way the metal pin slides up into the fin piece, with a little pressure sliding it on there and a pinch of superglue. Presto!! I have a Cm Legioss that I can look at, that doesn't bug the poo out of me :lol: Did any of that make sense? I'm terrible at explaining crap.

Its a shame CMs couldn't do this on their own so we didn't have to.

I have not yet taken the plunge and gotten one of these Legioss sets, but if I do I might be shipping you the tail fins for the fix. I can't imagine this hurting the resale value, only increasing it.