Mass Effect

I'd like to get these for Xbox, but I played the original on the pc... Is there a way to summarize your choices at the beginning of ME2? Ie: council rescue or kaidan/Ashley? Of course there are the little things too - like the fan... But that doesn't effect further arcs, does it?

(null)

http://www.masseffec...es.com/xbox.php has links on how to convert saves between xbox 360 and pc, and vice-versa.

Edited by Freiflug88

Oh right. One thing -- Dark Horse just released a ME Art book. If you are trying to avoid spoilers, don't get it now.. but do get it, the content are quite nice.

Some quite spoilerish art inside. As expected, Shepard is going to do a lot of travelling. I don't expect this game to be short, so sure to put aside some time for that. Some old friends with new looks. Some new friends with old looks. I was quite surprised at one, both the new look and the new weapon... The other was really out of the blue.

I'm a little annoyed to learn that the muti-player aspect of the game can have an effect on how the game plays out in the end. I'm not a fan of multi-player games to begin with and was not thrilled to see them add it to this game. Other than that I can't wait til Tuesday.

It seems that there's multiple ways to unlock stuff. In short without spoiling (and how little I've read to avoid spoilers):

You need "X amount of Y" to get the best ending or whatever. You can do this by either playing sidequests in the main game, or playing multiplayer. Or a mix of both. So whichever you like doing better---do that, and you'll unlock/earn everything needed for the best ending in the actual game.

I'm a little annoyed to learn that the muti-player aspect of the game can have an effect on how the game plays out in the end. I'm not a fan of multi-player games to begin with and was not thrilled to see them add it to this game. Other than that I can't wait til Tuesday.

Its a co-op mode where fellow players go Harbringer and "assume direct control" over your squad mates in combat. I can only assume this enables co-op teams to skip the 12+ hours of character loyalty missions that only "ceremoniously" upgrades characters for the best ending. After all you can't expect co-op teams to have as much spare gaming time as single players.

I ain't going to make it for my Paragon Insanity run. I just can't get behind the grind at the moment -- thinking about the Shadow Broker run on Insanity is an insanity. But, it's something I'll finish.

Heck, I won't even be picking up ME3 on release day. Roxette holding a concert in town. Given how many singers/ artists had kicked the bucket recently, best to catch them...

Roxette?! Haha, that's kind of awesome. Maybe I'll call the 1 GameStop here to see if they have any new ME2s. Apparently there's only $1-2 difference for used now.

(null)

If they are out of inventory you can always buy ME2 as a full-game download though the Xbox Live Store.

Roxette?! Haha, that's kind of awesome.

Yeah. I suspect they won't come by my place any more. So best to catch them while I still can.

shadow broker on insanity was actually kinda easy. But then, that's always been Bioware's problem. By the end of the game, you're always a (biotic) god.

Well that's if you do it at the end of the game.. I'm thinking of doing it mid game. The SB advantages can be worth the pain, with "free" weapons upgrade if you are patient enough. I've also made a few mistake in levelling the NPCs, I need meat shield not glass cannons, so the SB ability is useful.

I just got out of multiplayer and good grief why didn't I get in earlier? It's co-op and I don't have a mic, but none of the teams I've joined are the trash-talking types. It feels good.. but that would change I guess.

The two maps currently available are very easy to remember and choke-points galore. As an infiltrator-sniper I love the maps. Good fire lanes, good cover. Not to say they are the best maps but quite nice for players. However, I found a new calling as an infilitrator-medic. Odd sods when you can ghost your way and revive a teammate.. and objective grabs can be simpler when the other folks are busy ignoring you.

Initial play just jumps you through levels.. I went from 1 to 4 on a failed mission, having killed so many things. If you go past a certain point in a mission the credits start coming in, so buying the random lucky draw isn't too bad. :/ After about 3 hours of play I'm at level 11/ 12, still a long way to go. Each mission is about 20 minutes, so it's a good time filler.

You do need to watch for a few things:

• Bad connection, if you don't fail or pass a mission (i.e., you d/c'ed), it no-counts; you wasted those minutes playing. Very annoyed with this.
  • Watch out for bad matchings; the game scales, I don't know how, but the levels of your bunch of jokers are important. If there's one high level guy and lots of newbies, it's bad -- the team is likely malcoordinated and that just stinks. I was lucky, I got into a pair of great teams (including a Krogan/ Salarian pairing!) -- great time. If there's a pair of high-ranking, it's generally a good sign that they know the map and they know what they're doing. I just hung back and guarded their behinds.. good thing I got plenty of sniper practice.
  • Watch out for your teammates. Once you get to know the map, you'll know when someone's being a dumbass. Be careful of those teams, the heroes can die and a floodgate of enemy can open unexpectedly. Everyone has to pull its weight, I'm not too sure if the game scales dynamically, but 3 member teams I had been on did not end well. Revival counts but sometimes you're just too busy. When it goes well it goes well, when it slides it REALLY slides fast.
  • If you are hosting, for goodness sake stick all the way to the end, don't just pull the plug because a team sucks. That's because eventually the team will bite the dust and you'll get rewarded in XP or credits. Pulling the plug wastes everybody's time, including those who tried to act the part.

I think at the moment at least the multiplayer is good if you're not in the mood to grind missions, and just want to while a bit of time away. Co-op means a less immature crowd, which I like. The pressure the game piles in the mission makes everyone too busy to yell at people, everyone's gotta pull their weight. Balance feels right, but it's really a slippery slope -- a couple of mistakes and the whole team slides.

EDIT: Hmm I did the Infiltrator-sniper route, the Infiltrator-medic route, maybe it's time to try the Infiltrator-shotgun route.. I think I picked up a Krogan, maybe through him.

Edited by Lynx7725

I can see how mid game insanity shadow broker would be tough. Just take along someone who can do quantum + shockwave and running the gauntlet is very easy. The SB himself isn't any harder on insanity than he is on normal as his very specific AI doesn't scale well.

It's not really the SB fight that bothers me, it's more the Spectre fight that is a pain. The SB is simple. Hit. Don't get hit. The Spectre.. the first time I played (on normal I think?), I couldn't figured out how to corner her. Ended up getting lucky when she vanguard'ed right next to me, so I buttstroke her to death.

BTW, in ME3, Cerberus gains a few new troop types. One of them is particularly deadly, one is a bit more than annoying. I won't spoil things for the guys here, just -- watch your backs, and watch for people touching you from afar.

EDIT: Oh right, and one of the new Cerberus new troop types is going to be the poster boy for the "arrow to the knee" meme.

Edited by Lynx7725