Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

I can't believe how many people are jumping on this despite the price tag. Maybe it's because I was expecting this to be around the 200+ mark, but in the Regult thread I got stoned for considering getting a $500 model. How is the Regult more an antic than this little and poorly finished sucker?

There he is guys! *throws rock* REGULT LOVER!!!

It's a prototype... a bit early to be complaining about the paint or the details of the tower. This is also a toy, it will come painted and assembled and made out of even more durable material (hopefully) than the durable stuff the Regult model is being made of. Still, the price on this SDF-1 is astronomical. If Yamato doesn't find a way to start making toys at more reasonable prices they will soon found themselves undone. The market has spoken and extremely high price toys are more a niche market now than ever.

That's another thing: this is a Yamato first release, which means it's very likely to have a design flaw or two (The 1/2000 kit is made of HDP and it's not painted nor assembled, so it doesn't count as Ver.1.0).

As for the price, this is THE Macross we're talking about. Not some obscure mecha, so there's no reason for Yamato to tag it with a ridiculous $400 MSRP. Plus, Yamato WILL find the way to milk this mold too, either they'll make a "Movie Colour Version" or a "Low Vis Version" or a "Battle Damaged" or "Weathered" versions, not to mention the periodical re-releases (let's not forget this isn't an exclusive item like the 1/2000 kit).

That said, I think I'll do myself a favor by waiting for this to go to the clearance bins and by doing so, show Yamato that there is a line.

And this comes from a guy who is considering on getting their über exclusive Regult kit.

That's another thing: this is a Yamato first release, which means it's very likely to have a design flaw or two (The 1/2000 kit is made of HDP and it's not painted nor assembled, so it doesn't count as Ver.1.0).

As for the price, this is THE Macross we're talking about. Not some obscure mecha, so there's no reason for Yamato to tag it with a ridiculous $400 MSRP. Plus, Yamato WILL find the way to milk this mold too, either they'll make a "Movie Colour Version" or a "Low Vis Version" or a "Battle Damaged" or "Weathered" versions, not to mention the periodical re-releases (let's not forget this isn't an exclusive item like the 1/2000 kit).

That said, I think I'll do myself a favor by waiting for this to go to the clearance bins and by doing so, show Yamato that there is a line.

And this comes from a guy who is considering on getting their über exclusive Regult kit.

Kinda have to agree with all the above....as much as I want this....might be wise to show restraint until some reviews are out.....don't wanna get Yamatoed for x-mas! :o

I'm not so worried about parts breaking but I do think this will eventually find its way to the clearance section unless yamato is going to do this as a limited run. But even then it's hard to take their word for it, seeing as how the "limited" vf-22 gamlin keeps showing up here and there.

I think I'll be having some fun detailing mine with some parts from the Yellow Submarine resin kits :D

They're all 1/3000, so hopefully they're pretty consistent in size

And am I alone in not wanting to see a TV version of this thing? It'd take a hell of a lot more than a paint job and a couple new arms to make a TV SDF-1. They're very different designs.

Damn, actually the more I see this thing, the more I want to wait until a TV version is released. I don't have surpluses of expendable dough laying around so I'll obviously only get one of these, I might as well hold out for the one I want.

I like the DYRL version over tv. TV is probably more iconic, though. But the fact is any future show will always have the proper form of the macross anyway. Like in macross plus, it uses the movie design so this is how it was meant to be.

For the price, Yamato should pop in christmas tree light gimmicks all over the toy I reckon lol.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Pre-order started on Amazon Japan and Amiami Japan.

AmiAmi English version doesn't list it yet. Hopefully soon...

Forgot to add the links.

Amiami japan is offering 22%off regular price

while Amazon Japan is offering 7%off..

Amazon Japn link

Amiami Japan link

Edited by kyekye

Damn I guess I could repaint one of these into TV colors, seeing as how I would do detail in the city part in the legs as it is. I should just wait for a TV release, but must, get, SDF-1, obviously the arms and legs are slightly different, but I'm not one to nerdgasm or rage over tiny details.

Pre-order started on Amazon Japan and Amiami Japan.

AmiAmi English version doesn't list it yet. Hopefully soon...

Forgot to add the links.

Amiami japan is offering 22%off regular price

while Amazon Japan is offering 7%off..

Amazon Japn link

Amiami Japan link

Can't seem to get this item to show up on Amiami in the english section to order... can anyone help?

damn i think its a little too expensive though. i wonder if bandai would have been able to release one for cheaper. hell i'd buy the tv sdf-1 if bandai reissued it.

Can't seem to get this item to show up on Amiami in the english section to order... can anyone help?

English site didn't list it yet. AmiAmi does that often. Hopefully soon~ and hopefully with the same 22% off price discount!!

Just saw HS listing at 15% off original price. (still about $332? What's exchange rate these days!!!)

Hobby Search Link

I'll probably wait to see if AmiAmi English site lists it with same discount as Japanese site. 22% off sounds pretty good with this price.

Edited by kyekye