YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

• 2 weeks later...

I transformed my VF-25f renewal the other day to sell it to a board member, as I've lost my desire for Bandai renewals, and it wasn't too bad.

The hardest part for me was getting the shoulder area and the nose cone reconfigured. Once that part straightens out it's fairly simple.

I will say it's easier to fold the arms under for Renewals than for the VF-1 Yamatos. I have it down, but it's still annoying sometimes haha.

I think I had the head backwards too, but overall it was easy transformation for my first time back to fighter.

I transformed my VF-25f renewal the other day to sell it to a board member, as I've lost my desire for Bandai renewals, and it wasn't too bad.

The hardest part for me was getting the shoulder area and the nose cone reconfigured. Once that part straightens out it's fairly simple.

I will say it's easier to fold the arms under for Renewals than for the VF-1 Yamatos. I have it down, but it's still annoying sometimes haha.

I think I had the head backwards too, but overall it was easy transformation for my first time back to fighter.

Yes, the head was backwards. I was fearful for a bit because having the head backwards caused gaps everywhere possible in the surrounding area. Once I re-transformed it with the head facing the right way, everything tightened up nicely.

• 1 month later...

What's the easiest way to fix the YF-29 outer engine pods from drooping under the weight of the super parts? I'm dealing with a Focker scheme 29, but I guess this question applies to any 29 scheme.

Pics would be greatly appreciated.

What's the easiest way to fix the YF-29 outer engine pods from drooping under the weight of the super parts? I'm dealing with a Focker scheme 29, but I guess this question applies to any 29 scheme.

Pics would be greatly appreciated.

Duct tape.

Was going to hit it with 2 thin strips of matte scotch tape, ended up just popping off the black, super part, intake covers from the outrider engines as if the bird were flying in an atmosphere. Looks just like the rendering of the super 29s from the Macross 30 game.

Added some leftover VF-0S skull 'n bones to the tailfins and voila... this valk (which I've always taken a pass on 'till now) is really starting to grow on me. It's no YF-19 mind you, but I'm really happy to have a 29 in my collection now.

I'm really tempted to put skull stickers on the tailfins. Just worried they're going to look crappy on there. The vf-1 v1 stickers still stand out as an eyesore.

I'll take some pics tonight to give you an idea of how the tailfins look with the jolly rogers. I used the VF-0S stickers but decals would be far better if you have them.

I'm really tempted to put skull stickers on the tailfins. Just worried they're going to look crappy on there. The vf-1 v1 stickers still stand out as an eyesore.

I'm also tempted but I came to the conclusion that it would be to difficult to trim the stickers so that they look good. Maybe I will try it with the waterslide decals from my Arcadia VF-1 but then I have to get a decal setter/softener and to clear coat the tail fins so that they look again....

... so maybe not. ^_^

If it can't be fixed with duct tape, super glue, or penetrating oil, it can't be fixed... :ph34r:

I was taught this saying slightly differently: "All you need are a hammer, duct tape and a condom; 'cause if you can't fix it with duct tape or a hammer then F**K IT!"

• 3 weeks later...

I got my 29 Anniversary a few days ago, I just decided to take it out and mess with it today. I'm not one for Macross Frontier, I personally don't enjoy many of the designs, and I never liked the series or movies, but I've always had a weak spot for some of the Frontier mechas fighter mode. My only 25 is a 25a, which was pretty nice, but I had a hell of time with it and eventually sold it, I was worried I would have a tainted view of the 29 since it's just a slightly edgier 25, but I gotta say, fighter mode alone was worth the price of admission for me. I've decided I'm never transforming my 29, ever, except maybe gerwalk, I hate the bandai 25/29 transformations and I'm not going to run the risk of destroying this thing just to get it into a mode I don't really like. I've debated the super or whatever parts, they're just not for me, I don't really like the look and the price is unflattering to say the least. This is a super clean fighter, so I'm pretty happy with my purchase, I'm probably done with Frontier toys though, unless the YF-30 grabs me or ends up looking interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I transformed my 29 Isamu with no issues at all. All I did was follow a transformation video on YouTube and had no issues whatsoever. And that was my first ever Valkyrie of any kind. Personally I love the 25/29/30 Valks because they are so sleek in eother fighter or batroid mode (although I keep them permanently in batroid mode).

• 2 months later...

Just found 2 of these on Amazon for $107 and $142. Took them both and hopefully its not a wrong listing.

Edit: Wtf. Amazon used the wrong payment method... Its kinda alright on my end but I hope theres no screw ups

Edit 2: what a bummer. One of them was sold at storefront so was told to cancel :(

Edited by ULessa

Still enjoying my Anniversary 29, it's one of my favorites to have on display. Fighter mode (no super parts) looks sleek and has next to no gaps, and I occasionally pose it in Gerwalk because it has very attractive legs to complement the overall profile.

I need to line up all of my forward-swept wing Valks for a display theme one of these days, it looks great next to the 19's :D

I just played with my YF-29 for a bit to get prepared for transforming the YF-29 Ozma Custom and something is just not right with this toy. Out of the box it hat like super loose joints everywhere a super messy paint job on some of the detail and chipped of paint everywhere. I mean how it is possible to get a paint chip on the top of the metal shoulder block?

While handling the toy I noticed that it can't hold a good a-stance in Gerwalk-Mode because the legs will do the split due to a very loose thigh swivel.

I just have the feeling that NY had sold me a second hand copy that was returned because of a sub par condition out of the box. Frustrating. :angry::wacko:-_-

I just played with my YF-29 for a bit to get prepared for transforming the YF-29 Ozma Custom and something is just not right with this toy. Out of the box it hat like super loose joints everywhere a super messy paint job on some of the detail and chipped of paint everywhere. I mean how it is possible to get a paint chip on the top of the metal shoulder block?

While handling the toy I noticed that it can't hold a good a-stance in Gerwalk-Mode because the legs will do the split due to a very loose thigh swivel.

I just have the feeling that NY had sold me a second hand copy that was returned because of a sub par condition out of the box. Frustrating. :angry::wacko:-_-

Yeah something is not right. My 30th Anni 29's have no issue at all.

That sucks, my 29 Anniversary is still solid, but I haven't really tried transforming it, once to gerwalk, other then that I still never figured out how to transform one of these or a VF-25 to Battroid. Is it too late to contact them? It's such a nice expensive piece, I would be livid if mine was marred by bad paint or any kind of looseness.

I have only taken mine to half gerwalk mode once when it originally came out. I remember the paint apps being OK and did not detect anything out of the ordinary.

Scyla, was yours single taped or double taped? I am not implying that double tape means you get a bad unit though, but If you peel the tape carefully when it is double taped, you may find that the first tape was cut. I also check that it is the same exact tape. One time I did get a double taped one but it was perfect.

Well I ordered it 2012 I guess so no change in returning it. I just took it out of its display to play with it and remembered how full of qc-issues it is. Maybe I will check the box plus I have the YF-29 Ozma now and that one looks nice and the joints are tight.

I just hat to let of some steam after handling the toy. ^_^

Was it sealed? Bandai double-seals these so it would be obvious if it was opened or not. Unlike Yamato/Arcadia.

I like the Arcadia/Yamato way! Tape is the bane of my experience as a collector. I just watch for the creased flaps to determine if it is open or not and that works most of the time for me :)

• 2 months later...