1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

If it's a kit I'm out, I have always wanted a VF-4 but I'm not much of a kit builder, and I suck at painting, hopefully we'll get confirmation that this is a completed toy, or maybe a toy version and a kit version.

Edited by Tking22

Hmmn. Depends on price. And is it more or less an unassembled plastic toy (as in, snip parts off sprues and glue/screw together) or is it more like a transformable resin kit, where you have to align and drill the holes and hinges yourself in a brittle material? The former would be easy for me, the latter a nightmare.

Regardless, whatever color it's molded in would be the final overall color, in my case. My 1/72 VF-25 taught me that painting a transforming anything is futile. Let's hope it's molded in DYRL-off-white.

So what schemes are out there? (quasi-canon ones, I mean, not "showed up in a magazine once") I can only think of Hikaru's 2012 one------there's also the blue-edged one that the SHE kit is always seen in---is that from anything, or just what SHE did for box-art?

Interesting......price will be the big issue as is if HLJ will carry it. I know they have carried other web exclusives but have they carried all of them once they got the rights to do so?

Chris

I forget was the large super expensive SDF-1 a resin kit? If this is a kit hopefully it will be like the VF-1 kits. Problem is, if it is a kit and it is a web shop exclusive that may not bode well for it being plastic....if the original SDF-1 was resin.

Chris

Regult was HDP and quite big though. If the VF-4 is made as a toy, it should be substantially cheaper.

I do hope you're right, but regarding the latest prices of the normal released valks I seriously doubt it'll be cheaper than the Regult (HDP or not)

Very tempting... but let's wait for some more info and a price. If I have to assemble it myself but that makes it cheaper I'm okay with that. Painting probably won't happen though. If it's like the Regult where I have to do the work plus pay through my ass I'm not going for it though.

Wow. Was not expecting a new mold. Guess it doesn't cost them as much if they never get tooling going and it's HDP?

Wonder if that's a viable model for them to do a bunch of less popular designs? Mylene's VF-11 and the Protect Armor, for example.

Hmmn. Depends on price. And is it more or less an unassembled plastic toy (as in, snip parts off sprues and glue/screw together) or is it more like a transformable resin kit, where you have to align and drill the holes and hinges yourself in a brittle material? The former would be easy for me, the latter a nightmare.

It'd be more work for them to create something like the old SHE kit. I don't believe that HDP stuff they use is quite as versatile for a transforming toy so even if it is a kit I think it'd be just be like the VF-1 kits.

Regardless, whatever color it's molded in would be the final overall color, in my case. My 1/72 VF-25 taught me that painting a transforming anything is futile. Let's hope it's molded in DYRL-off-white.

http://macross2.net/...ck2012/vf-4.htm

Well the VF-4 is white and uh gray with a little red. Most of that could be done with color molding.

So what schemes are out there? (quasi-canon ones, I mean, not "showed up in a magazine once") I can only think of Hikaru's 2012 one------there's also the blue-edged one that the SHE kit is always seen in---is that from anything, or just what SHE did for box-art?

http://macross2.net/...ossga/vf-4g.htm

Oh you of all people should remember these :3

Even though in game they're those weird pastels. Moaramia's VF-4 is more the right color than Max's.

Yes please be a toy. And if you are going to make it expensive please give us a stand with 30th anniversary engraving on the base of the stand or something to make this toy feel more special as a limited edition thing.

I wonder how rare this will be and how many will be made?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Of course those, but I always recall them as being the "most pastel" of all the valks in the game. If people think their VF-22's were "pale", they haven't seen their VF-4's. And if it's molded in white to start with---nope.

(they were also extremely boring, having almost no accent color---like they were simply dumped in a big bucket of paint, and that was the entire paint job) M&M valks need stripes, preferably white ones.

Does anyone know how to create a poll? I tried but must be doing something wrong......Yamato needs to know what we want from a VF-4G release....Toy or Kit....

I for one want a toy.............

We know they pay attention to this board (either directly or via Graham)...... :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross