Bandai SD Infinite

CF18

Sorry guys, I just checked. The article says (attempt to translate):

"The SD model can re-produce the transformation perfectly".

It doesn't say perfect transformation though... :(

Edited by ff95gj

Sorry guys, I just checked. The article says (attempt to translate):

"The SD model can re-produce the transformation perfectly".

It doesn't say perfect transformation though... :(

Is there a difference between 'Perfect Transformation' and 'Transformation Perfectly'? The words 'transform' and 'perfect' are both there. (^.^;)

Edited by Actar

I can't see where it says "perfectly". There is a couple of places where it says that it has a 3-stage transformation sequence (3段変形). In my experience, that means getting from B, G, F requires part-swapping etc. Remember that the old v.1 Yamato 1/60s were 3段変形 rather than 完全変形 (PT). It also says that the infinity valk has its own interpretation of the transformation, and from what I can see in the pics it may be referring to the whole nosecone and crotch assembly. In short, it won't transform like it does in the show.

I can't see where it says "perfectly". There is a couple of places where it says that it has a 3-stage transformation sequence (3段変形). In my experience, that means getting from B, G, F requires part-swapping etc. Remember that the old v.1 Yamato 1/60s were 3段変形 rather than 完全変形 (PT). It also says that the infinity valk has its own interpretation of the transformation, and from what I can see in the pics it may be referring to the whole nosecone and crotch assembly. In short, it won't transform like it does in the show.

That ("perfectly") is from another magazine, not from the pics in this post.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great so far, especially being a resin prototype.

I'm really curious how the transformation works, especially since they don't have to worry about "anime accuracy" on this one.

Edited by eriku

Looks great so far, especially being a resin prototype.

I'm really curious how the transformation works, especially since they don't have to worry about "anime accuracy" on this one.

Looks great so far, would not be surprised if this ended up being a better toy than the DX VF-25. I hope Tamashii takes on the VF-1 next in SDX, wouldn't mind a Blazer and Fire Valk too...the latter 2 would lend themselves well to SD style, especially the Fire Valky.

Wow. Lol. Im honestly way more impressed by this than the DX25 when I first saw it. I still think it's a bit of wasted talent, investing it in a SD model, rather than a better VF-25 or VF-17, but hey, still awesome

That close up shot shows the texture of painted metal... Is this thing mostly diecast?

"Has its own unique design to realize the triple mode transformation gimmick. Die-cast parts are used to provide balance to the figure."

Holy crow!!! (somewhere crow from MST3K cocks his head and goes, "eh"?)

Awesome and adorable all at once - funny how the big ol' head allows for oh so much more detail!

I always found it kind of funny that Bandai seems to do better with their SD macross than their "realistic" versions. Even my beloved 1/55 chunky has silver inner hips, landing gear, and trapezius hinge, and a detatchable cockpit cover - the SD didn't have any of these issues. . . . Granted the chunky was originally a taka mold so I suppose they just didn't think it was worth futzing with since it WAS so good for its time, but still - I'd love to see that talent put to work on a hyper-detailed revamp for that huge menegerie of valks Bandai has the opportunity to produce.

I like how they rotate the head around in its alternate mode to make room for it, and it looks like they've done a fantastic job of handling the hip system. Looking at the model it MIGHT just be perfect transformation, which would be awesome - is that a tab for holding the gun hanging from the back of it's shield in the gerwak back shot?

Heh, who'd be up for a whole fleet of SD Macross? Even the Macross Class Battleships would be cool - a midget fleet of adorable Super Deformed death. Oh, I'm sorry - "little valk" fleet of adorable Super "Nonconventionally Formed" death (thousands of stubby guns slowly rotate away).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...