TF 2014 Toynami Robotech 30th releases / reissues

skullmilitia

Who's sculpt are the ripping off with that SD figure?

the sculpt looks Ben10-ish (rick)

BTW, I thought they have long ditched the 1/100 line (since Maiden Japan departure from Toynami)

Man I wished they had at least released the glaug, GBP-armor and the VE-1, VT-1, VF-1D that they showed before kicking the 1/100 variants bucket. At least the GBP armor, because they look pretty good and can be used on the current VF-1 lines.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I was referring to the MPC Cyclone, which was originally made by Beagle and licensed and re-branded by Toynami as a Robotech product. I think the post before yours was asking about Cylone re-releases, and I thought that was what you were referring to.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to look to see if I can at least use the bodies. The women look a bit big on the shoulders but yeah... the heads are not doable at all. I'm more worried about the plastic. So if it's straight from Toynami, I wouldn't even consider it. If it's a third party then I'd have to look into that also.

It was difficult getting close because the figures were small and they were so far from the glass. Overall the face sculpts weren't as bad as I thought but still doesn't look like the characters. The bodies are bad sculpts and that was all I was interested in. And also bad lighting. They seem that they are manufactured by Toynami and not a third party so it's going to be a no sell to me. I just refuse to buy toys with expiration dates.

post-151-0-28552000-1436676434_thumb.jpg post-151-0-39696800-1436676436_thumb.jpg post-151-0-50331800-1436676437_thumb.jpg post-151-0-68278100-1436676438_thumb.jpg post-151-0-61755500-1436676439_thumb.jpg

LOL what was the design influence for the joints, Stikfas?! LOL what a joke, and those faces might as well be from the cast of LOST or V for Vendetta they're so off!

LOL what was the design influence for the joints, Stikfas?! LOL what a joke, and those faces might as well be from the cast of LOST or V for Vendetta they're so off!

I think you're being unfairly hard on them. They're a quite faithful homage to the original action figures.

Figures, it must be noted, that were pretty crappy.

Well said. Although I admit to owning the Matchbox Dolza figure so I'm hardly innocent...

I may still have Max and Zor laying around somewhere.

MOST of my Robotech stuff wound up in the trash by parental decree.

Even my Rick Hunter and a veritech with the cockpit for him to fly in!

I was staring at the pictures after I posted it and I just realized that the helmets had faces sculpted in. I thought they were empty and could be placed on the heads and that explained Hikaru's hair sculpt being flatter and closer to the skull. But now it really doesn't make sense. With all the other figures that have come out over the years especially with their own Popbox figures, how are they still thinking they can get away with a Hikaru that's way off? Minmay is also an amazon seeing how she stands head to head with the male pilots. Sad since I've been interested in Macross figures for a while now.

I haven't seen leg joints that bad since the original figure line. Hell, I wouldn't doubt rubber band joints.

I'd be disappointed if they weren't rubber band joints. Seriously HG, make the damn Shadow Beta and we'll talk about you getting my $$$.