Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

I really want to see some nice shots including the profile view of fighter mode like have been posted for the Max and Kakizaki upcomming releases. Wonder why Yamato hasn't done that with the VF-1D?

Chris

I really want to see some nice shots including the profile view of fighter mode like have been posted for the Max and Kakizaki upcomming releases. Wonder why Yamato hasn't done that with the VF-1D?

Maybe it's because fighter mode profile shots would highlight the inaccurate canopy?

Maybe the shots have been taken down to retool the cockpit slightly. That's the good thing about a whole detachable cockpit section!

Vostok 7

Darn you for saying that and setting me up for a huge disappointment. :(

If Yamato can just add four millimeters to the canopy's length, it will be enough to differentiate it from the one seaters and make me happy. Because that's what Yamato is all about, right? Making me, specifically, happy...right? :ph34r:

Edited by danth

a February Release date usually means "on or about February 28"

That is so true...I scanned through shops in HK (who are usually quite fast with these kind of stuff) but still no sign of the VF-1D, so I cannot verify if the civilians are on board, but (a bit off topic) the Roy Focker VF-0S was at a discount, together with all 3 variants of the SV-51! Didn't buy any. Seems the subject of the thread is hitting the shelves sometime mid-Feb. By the way, who's that uber-cute girl in your avatar??

is it out already??????

thanks for the pics...

EDIT - there it is... a few nm(?) longer (the fuselage/cockpit). minmay looks.... better than nothing, i guess. :D

woohoo, so excited to get this! ^_^

Don't think it's out yet. I think that's a Yamato blog of some sort... Notice how every picture they took seems to answer all the criticisims for the -1D? (I.E., that the cockpit section is the same as a 1-seater just with a second seat crammed in and etc.)

Vostok 7

Holy crap. They did it. It's longer.

Not much longer...it looks like they could have even made it another millimeter longer and still had enough room behind it for the hinge. But screw it. It's longer. I guess I'm buying it.

Edited by danth

Holy crap. They did it. It's longer.

Not much longer...it looks like they could have even made it another millimeter longer and still had enough room behind it for the hinge. But screw it. It's longer. I guess I'm buying it.

I am already wondering how they managed to make the cockpit longer and yet be able to hold the swing bar in place under the radome...(I guess they actually moved the cockpit further backwards instead of really poking further ahead): don't challenge the mechanics of a toy: Anime magic cannot apply to real world plastic (brittle in the shoulders already)!

Edited by regult

That is so true...I scanned through shops in HK (who are usually quite fast with these kind of stuff) but still no sign of the VF-1D, so I cannot verify if the civilians are on board, but (a bit off topic) the Roy Focker VF-0S was at a discount, together with all 3 variants of the SV-51! Didn't buy any. Seems the subject of the thread is hitting the shelves sometime mid-Feb. By the way, who's that uber-cute girl in your avatar??

that would be Sharon Tate. the shot is from the ballroom scene towards the end of The Fearless Vampire Killers. One of my all time favorite vampire movies ever. definitely worth a watch if you like older horror films.

Edited by anime52k8

that would be Sharon Tate. the shot is from the ballroom scene towards the end of The Fearless Vampire Killers. One of my all time favorite vampire movies ever. defiantly worth a watch if you like older horror films.

Super hot and terribly tragic. Nice. Any larger versions of the picture? ^_^

Back to the -1D, mine's on pre-order! It'll be my first 1/60 v2. Can't wait.

Vostok 7

that would be Sharon Tate. the shot is from the ballroom scene towards the end of The Fearless Vampire Killers. One of my all time favorite vampire movies ever. defiantly worth a watch if you like older horror films.

thanks for the info, now I've just learned a bit more about film history...and that she was murdered!

Can't wait to to get mine!!!

Looks great ^_^

Ignacio,

Dónde conseguís los modelos de Yamato en Argentina? Back to the cockpit length issue: after taking a closer look at the pics, I am now convinced they actually extended the cockpit further back, so the overall length of the valk is still exactly the same as the single seat versions...no mod to the swing bar or anything structural. I am still convinced this was an honest effort, despite Minmay's awkward sitting posture, hope other hardcore twin-seat lovers won't feel compelled to discredit the toy when they realize it's not longer at all!

Edited by regult

yeah, the 4th pic shows the cockpit is a teensy weensy bit longer... maybe enough to satisfy some except ones who are totally @n@l about it... :p

Yep, I'm glad I was wrong about them simply stuffing 2 seats into the regular cockpit. It's nice to see a company not use the cheap-ass solution. ^_^

Ignacio,

Dónde conseguís los modelos de Yamato en Argentina? Back to the cockpit length issue: after taking a closer look at the pics, I am now convinced they actually extended the cockpit further back, so the overall length of the valk is still exactly the same as the single seat versions...no mod to the swing bar or anything structural. I am still convinced this was an honest effort, despite Minmay's awkward sitting posture, hope other hardcore twin-seat lovers won't feel compelled to discredit the toy when they realize it's not longer at all!

Compro por internet desde el año 2000 en Hobby Link Japan, Toy-wave (declara el valor que quieras para pagar menos en aduana) y desde el año pasado en Overdrive (también declaran lo que les digas!). Cualquier cosa te paso los links por PM.

Yes, the cockpit is extended back, the frame is also different. The base of the frame is also longer. The v2 VF-1D turned out great IMO!!!

It would be cool if the left arm was removable at the elbow.

I missed the Overdrive pre-order for this. Where else would be a good place?

When Overdrive says 'Order Stop' do they mean they have just stopped taking pre-orders and they may have stock eventually?

I am now convinced they actually extended the cockpit further back, so the overall length of the valk is still exactly the same as the single seat versions...no mod to the swing bar or anything structural.

That's right.

I am still convinced this was an honest effort, despite Minmay's awkward sitting posture, hope other hardcore twin-seat lovers won't feel compelled to discredit the toy when they realize it's not longer at all!

The entire valk isn't supposed to be longer. The cockpit is just extended rearwards. So what Yamato did was correct, except that the cockpit should extend back even further.

<_< So close, but yet so far. <_<

Yeah, I'm feeling you. I wish they could have found a way to extend it back twice as much as they did. Like, 4 millimeters instead of 2.

C'mon man... you're the one guy that keeps hatin'... maybe if you wouldn't have sat on your project for so long... :p

It looks good... yummy yum!

Blech to this, but not to you SWEET CHEEKS. ;)

I don't even want to get into what is wrong with this. It's so redundant and it looks like it will have to take Yamato to make another attemp, that is if they think it's worth it.

Still, I am going to be buying this. GERWALK and FIGHTER suck, but BATTROID is ok.

I absolutely love the VF-1D, and if i'm getting any VF-1 next its definitely this one, but you can tell from the pictures how little the tampo printed details its gonna have. Makes it seem slightly plain but thats what decals are for.

Blech to this, but not to you SWEET CHEEKS. ;)

Holy cow... too much Morrisey there, sunshine... let me tell you right now, from my neck of the woods, everyday is not like sunday. And even from you... this is a must buy. ;)