Macross Books

Penguin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

No problem but i realized i didn't explain clearly myself:

These booklets, unfortunately, doesn't contain some Mikimoto or Kawamori designs except the cover...

Inside, there are a lot of texts..some B&W old pics of japanime conventions it seems (maybe Daicon)...

I'm very sorry.

Two last covers:

post-1010-128222423942_thumb.jpg

post-1010-12822242512_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, what's that "Works: Hidetaka Tenjin" in the lower middle? Is it new? Does it have good illustrations? A little more detail please. I'm not familiar with that one.

That book is quite new, and has about 10-12 pages of Valk pics, some from the PSP game cover. It's an awesome book. There's plenty of Gundam art, as well as Votoms. It's a very good book, little pricey, but very good.

That book is quite new, and has about 10-12 pages of Valk pics, some from the PSP game cover. It's an awesome book. There's plenty of Gundam art, as well as Votoms. It's a very good book, little pricey, but very good.

Yeah I just came back from Japan and it had just come out, not very Macross heavy but lots of amazing art nonetheless, especially if your into Gundam and Votoms. Guy does amazing work, I would highly recommend that Valkyries book if your looking into picking up a Macross artbook.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Macross anthology issue #6 is out here in Japan. Pretty cool came with a Frontier poster and what I assume is an alternate dust cover for Macross The First #2 manga.

The Cover

MAcross6.jpg

The Alt dust cover for The First #2

MacrossTheFirst2altdustcover.jpg

And some stuff coming out this month

Somestuffcomingsoon.jpg

The color picture on the right side of the cover that has Sheryl, Alto, and Ranka is the poster that came in the book. I think it is a cover of a manga that either has come out or is going to be coming out here in Japan called Macross Frontier Memories.

The color picture on the right side of the cover that has Sheryl, Alto, and Ranka is the poster that came in the book. I think it is a cover of a manga that either has come out or is going to be coming out here in Japan called Macross Frontier Memories.

Thanks. That's good to hear actually, because that image makes excellent poster material.

• 2 weeks later...

A book I picked up about a month ago... theres a new volume 2 that came out, but can't find anywhere besides yahoo auctions that sells it.

Awesome books.

SF Kinokuniya?

OMG. There was supposed to be redesigned Defender in Frontier?

You can still get a copy of it on most international online stores, so you can fix that mistake! :3

True, true...I'm thinking about the price increase, though. I think when I saw it, the vendor wanted less than $20 for it. I will get the book (I must have it) but I'm afraid that I may end up paying quite a bit more for it in the future...ah...the price you pay for not striking when the price is right.

• 2 months later...

A Sheryl Nome picture collection is out now in Japan as well as Macross Frontier memories 2059 and Macross Frontier Tiangle art book for the upcoming movie.

Those books have been out for a year...

So let's talk about upcoming stuff...

1. A new Sheryl Nome Visual Collection.

2. A Ranka Visual Collection

3. Another Frontier short-story collection.

4. A two-volume novelization of the Frontier movies.

5. Volume 2 of the Sheryl ~Kiss in the Galaxy~ comic.

So let's talk about upcoming stuff...

1. A new Sheryl Nome Visual Collection.

2. A Ranka Visual Collection

3. Another Frontier short-story collection.

4. A two-volume novelization of the Frontier movies.

5. Volume 2 of the Sheryl ~Kiss in the Galaxy~ comic.

Are there release dates for these? I'd like to make sure they are ordered from Kinokuniya.

Are there release dates for these? I'd like to make sure they are ordered from Kinokuniya.

For the Visual Collections, only months: Ranka is out in February, and Sheryl II comes out in April.

The Sheryl comic will be out next week...the 13th, IIRC.

I'm not sure if you'd want the novels (little-to-no illustrations, and pages and pages AND PAGES of text), but in case you do: Frontier Diaries is out February 1, The False Diva is March 1, and Wings of Farewell is April 1.

• 1 month later...

beautiful LA, never seen that before.

Where would people here who own them say the best place to buy original SDF doujin would be? Mandarake in Nakano or online?

Edited by Peabody

This is the only Macross book I have. It's more an art book about Mikimoto's work for Macross, Megazone23 and Orguss. I had the Macross "Gold" book but sold it many a moon ago...

ken

IMG_3662.jpg

Love that book. It's got some very nice art in there. I love how each character in there has their own distinct look, their own distinct character. It really shows just how much talent Mikimoto has. He needs an updated book, especially doing the Gunam and Macross art as of recent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...