VA-3 INVADER - High Quality Pics

Chthonic

Here's another HIGH QUALITY commission piece I AgaveCacuts had do. I must say the guy's amazing when it comes to Macross 3D Models. I have to say this model was VERY Difficult and he can attest. Landing gear and reference shots were slim to rare and for some reason it doesn't get the fan service it deserves .He's going to post more reference shots like before, he's extremely busy and he's a good friend So I present the VA-3A INVADER. The Drooling may now commence.

*I choose the VA-3A model because it was the FIRST and the most realistic and TALOS did some awesome side shots which I might do later for the texture.

post-610-0-17375100-1410085129_thumb.png

post-610-0-49613300-1410085163_thumb.png

post-610-0-36601500-1410085192_thumb.png

The art work that AgaveCacuts builds with his models is amazing. I sympathize with working on this craft, since there is so little reference. When I colored it for the M3 I just took cues from the color scheme section at the back of the TIAS book (with some minor modification). Always good to see more of this variable craft.

Oh thank God for hearing my prayers!!!!

Could spend more images of this so adorable Valks?

Here's another HIGH QUALITY commission piece I AgaveCacuts had do. I must say the guy's amazing when it comes to Macross 3D Models. I have to say this model was VERY Difficult and he can attest. Landing gear and reference shots were slim to rare and for some reason it doesn't get the fan service it deserves .He's going to post more reference shots like before, he's extremely busy and he's a good friend So I present the VA-3A INVADER. The Drooling may now commence.

*I choose the VA-3A model because it was the FIRST and the most realistic and TALOS did some awesome side shots which I might do later for the texture.

attachicon.gifMacross_VA_3A_render1.png

attachicon.gifMacross_VA_3A_render2.png

attachicon.gifMacross_VA_3A_render3.png

you've got reason not many reference images. But thanks to the people of Experten you can see where they are landing gears.

140128t.jpg

140128u.jpg

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/va3/index.html

Edited by MILKAUTICO

This is Where the DIFFICULTY of the VA-3A came into place. We had to draw from several sources and use the most logical approach to doing the landing gear. The A-6 Intruder helped alot

This needs to be into a 3D printer... In 1/72!!

How much plastic will that consume? I've seen your work. I print you paint it

we had to draw inspiration from the Studio Half Eye model which is the only physical model out there

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/vfx3doctober1999p1.jpg

post-610-0-96733800-1410203180_thumb.png

post-610-0-10332500-1410203238_thumb.png

Edited by Chthonic

I look forward to seeing the other modes.

I'd love a 1/60 toy of this thing.

You need a CAD engineer for that. Same Guy who designed the VF-4. I don't understand why they ALWAYS release the COMMON stuff. How about a VF-3000 or VF-5000?Those are easy to transform.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the feedback!

Because of the obscurity and its unique shape, this puppy is not an easy guy to make. It is definitely not a very popular aircraft in the Macross world, and the design is not very well developed unlike some of the others. Maybe its because of its ugliness...

Here are some additional render I did in maya, enjoy!

post-5910-0-95396300-1410266350_thumb.jpg

post-5910-0-82735000-1410266359_thumb.jpg

post-5910-0-02512500-1410266385_thumb.jpg

More VA-3 love is always a good thing. Apparently, the VA-3 Invader had the largest KNOWN gun caliber of the Macross gun pods (60mm) until just recently (something in Macross The Ride, I think has a larger known caliber). I always wondered where the gun pod would go on the VA-3, probably mounted left or right because I don't think center can work.

More VA-3 love is always a good thing. Apparently, the VA-3 Invader had the largest KNOWN gun caliber of the Macross gun pods (60mm) until just recently (something in Macross The Ride, I think has a larger known caliber). I always wondered where the gun pod would go on the VA-3, probably mounted left or right because I don't think center can work.

I'd assume mounted under wing. It's big enough to lug a giant gunpod around in that configuration. Not sure if firing it would screw up flying with it off center though.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the feedback!

Because of the obscurity and its unique shape, this puppy is not an easy guy to make. It is definitely not a very popular aircraft in the Macross world, and the design is not very well developed unlike some of the others. Maybe its because of its ugliness...

Here are some additional render I did in maya, enjoy!

Everytime I see this thing...I sing "Get Free"

Edited by Chthonic

I'd assume mounted under wing. It's big enough to lug a giant gunpod around in that configuration. Not sure if firing it would screw up flying with it off center though.

Perhaps the left/right engines may increase thrust coordinated with firing of the gun pod to compensate. Or maybe (evil grin) dual gun pods could be mounted on either side. "Maximum firepower" :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just posted my distatste for the VA-3 in the "next from Arcadia" thread, and out of a masochistic sense of curiosity, I went looking for images of models of the thing to see how it would look actualized in 3 dimensions. That search brought me here. I have to say, it's refreshing what an amazing paint job will do for objects that otherwise defy beauty. Lovely work, AgaveCacuts. I wish I had an iota of your skill.

Anyway, I noticed that this thread was abandoned in 2014, without revealing the battroid and GERWALK modes. I doubt I'm the only one here who'd like to see them. ;)

Edited by M'Kyuun

With this pics, you realize it's not so small the VA-3.

:D The ugly guy is spectacular!!!

10669046_720384701378241_896069524499055

never been a huge fan of the VA-3 but if they could make a fully transformable toy look like this then im in! ^_^

Oh thank God for hearing my prayers!!!!

Could spend more images of this so adorable Valks?

you've got reason not many reference images. But thanks to the people of Experten you can see where they are landing gears.

140128t.jpg

140128u.jpg

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/va3/index.html

but sadly this doesn't look so good.. -_-