Shipbucket Macross lineart

Nazareno2012

Shipbucket is a style of pixel lineart that is used to represent ships, aircraft, vehicles, etc. at a scale of 2px:1ft (or 1px:0.15m). For a more comprehensive guide to Shipbucket lineart, see Shipbucket FAQ and Shipbucket Style Rules and Standards. Many of these drawings have been originally posted here and are done by me and some other Shipbucket artists.

VF-0 Phoenix:

VF-0A%20Phoenix.png

SV-51:

SV-51.png

ES-11D Cat's Eye:

Glamor%20ES-11D.PNG?dl=0

VF-4 Lightning III:

Stonewell%20VF-4.png?dl=0

VF-11 Thunderbolt:

VF-11%20Thunderbolt.png

VF-25 Messiah:

VF-25%20Messiah.png

Some of the drawings are incomplete, such as the variable fighters lacking gunpods and the RVF-25 lacking the ELINT antenna.

FD Scale is another scale used by Shipbucket artists, and is usually used for drawing vehicles and aircraft at a scale of 22.093px/1m in a similar style as Shipbucket Scale. It originated from an Italian military forum (Forum Defensia), hence the name FD. Here is the VF-1 Valkyrie drawn in FD Scale by Shipbucket artist darthpanda (note: drawing is of Roy's unit but incorrectly labeled as Hikaru's):

vf_1_valkyrie_by_darthpandanl-d6mxwpn.pn

Edited by Nazareno2012

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing.

But... please tell me that SOMEONE made an aplication to use these sprites in a Sidescrolling Shooter videogame... :wub:

You would need more than just the one for animation purposes but I was thinking that now I'd like a side scrolling shooter with art like this.

Shipbucket scale Uraga class aircraft carrier:

Uraga%20CV%20WIP.png

The drawing is mostly done, I just need to add details such as missile launchers, CIWS, and the embarked airwing. I am planning to depict the class they would appear in the 2040's, 2050's and 2060's (which would be a hypothetical configuration assuming the VF-25 gets widespread adoption among the NUNS forces) eras.

FM-26 Hornet II variable fighter in Shipbucket scale (from the "Colony of Corpus Christi" alternate universe project for Shipbucket):

FM-26%20Hornet%20II.png

It is not a design set in the Macross universe, but I would be coloring it in various color schemes from Macross, as well as the colors of the Corpus Christi Defense Force and other armed forces in my project's universe.

And also, for a Macross design, the Reguld battlepod, drawn by another Shipbucket artist in this thread:

ve8aop.png

It is not in Shipbucket scale, but drawn in Shipbucket's style. The first reply to the OP's post there is something so appropriate:

first of all, I'd like to suggest macross to you, way better then robotech IMO, especially the latest few series.

FM-26 Hornet II variable fighter in Shipbucket scale (from the "Colony of Corpus Christi" alternate universe project for Shipbucket):

FM-26%20Hornet%20II.png

It is not a design set in the Macross universe, but I would be coloring it in various color schemes from Macross, as well as the colors of the Corpus Christi Defense Force and other armed forces in my project's universe.

And also, for a Macross design, the Reguld battlepod, drawn by another Shipbucket artist in this thread:

ve8aop.png

It is not in Shipbucket scale, but drawn in Shipbucket's style. The first reply to the OP's post there is something so appropriate:

that variable Hornet is an interesting idea! ^_^

An update to my FM-26 Hornet II variable fighter drawing:

Boeing FM-26A Hornet II (single seater):

FM-26A%20Hornet%20II.png

Boeing FM-26B Hornet II (twin seater):

FM-26B%20Hornet%20II.png

And for a Macross color scheme, the FM-26A Hornet II in New UN Spacy colors, with the default armament of a General Dynamics GPU-20 gunpod and 2 Rafael Python-10 micro missile wingtip launch pods, alongside with the built-in head-mounted autocannons:

FM-26A%20NUNS.png

And yes, the GPU-25 Gauss sniper gunpod folds for compact storage in Fighter mode, like the real life OSV-96 sniper rifle. This avoids having a long gunpod (like that on the VF-25G) that would impede transformation on the FM-26 due to its placement on the fuselage/leg hardpoint.

Here is a design I came up with based on the discussion at the Macross Ground Variable Mecha thread, a Macross-inspired variable tank for my Colony of Corpus Christi alternate universe project for Shipbucket.

General Dynamics M10 VMBTM (Variable Main Battle Tank-Mecha):

M10%20VMBTM.png

It has a transformation similar to the D-50C Loto but with a fully rotating turret (styled after Destroids), 2 General Dynamics M500 140 mm beam guns and 28 Rafael Spike-MM micro missiles on the arms as well as rollers on the feet (inspired by the Destroid Cheyenne). Other armaments include 2 coaxial Orbital ATK Bushmaster 7.62 mm chain guns, smoke grenade launchers and an optional remote weapons station for various weapons (on top of the turret in tank mode and beside the head in mecha mode).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

NUNS Stealth Space Cruiser:

NUNS%20Space%20Cruiser.png

Took some liberties with the design (such as with the anti-fighter Standard and ESSM missiles and CIWS guns) as I think this ship should have them, but I think the only reason these ships exist in the shows is for them to get shot at and explode :D

Now for something different, the carbine used by Messer and Mirage in episodes 7 and 8 of Delta:

MD%20Caseless%20Carbine.png

It is a pretty rough sketch as it is poorly drawn in the show, lacking in detail. I added some details of my own, such an AR15-style selector, magazine and bolt release, linear compensator, QD sling mount and a top Picatinny rail and M-Lok slots for Picatinny rail-compatible optics and M-Lok compatible accessories respectively.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is another fan-made VF design I made, the VF-32 Viper from my Macross Alexandria alternate universe project, which is a YF-24 derived VF based on Grumman's Concept 9 proposal and Transformers Animated Starscream:

VF-32A%20Viper.png

Specifications:

Manufacturer: St. Barbara Arsenal of Alexandria

Accommodation: Pilot (in EX-Gear), optional second seat for passenger

Dimensions:
Fighter: length 18.6 m, wingspan 14.25 m, height 4.8 m (landing gear deployed)
GERWALK: height 10.35 m
Battroid: height 15.6 m (16.95 m with head cannons included)

Mass: 8400 kg empty

Power plant: 2 x General Electric FF-3004 Stage II thermonuclear reaction turbine engines, 2100 kN thrust each, many x Aerojet Rocketdyne HMM-11 vernier thrusters

Performance: Mach 5.5+ at 10000 m

Airframe design load: 30 G

Armament:
Guns:
1 x St. Barbara Arsenal BFG-1337 Heavy Quantum Beam gun pod
2 x Sentinel HBC/HS-35B 35 mm beam guns
2 x Rheinmetall RÖV-25 25 mm beam guns
2 x (4 x in VF-32S model) Rheinmetall RÖV-127C 12.7 mm head turret beam guns
Bombs and missiles:
4 x leg micro missile launchers (2 launchers each leg), 12 missiles per launcher, 48 missiles total
4 x wing hardpoints for various missiles, bombs, drop tanks, etc.
Other:
Pinpoint barrier system
1 x shield
1 x retractable PPB-enhanced knife (shield-mounted)

Optional equipment:
Super Pack system
Armor Pack system
Fold booster

• 3 weeks later...

Beatrice AFV family:

Beatrice%20AFV%20family.png

The Beatrice Mobile Gun System is canon (from Macross Frontier) but the Infantry Fighting Vehicle (with 55 mm caseless telescoped autocannon) and Ambulance are made up by me, as similar 8x8 vehicles (such as the Patria AMV and Stryker/LAV) have those variants, and it is reasonable the Beatrice would have too.

Two other variants of my fan-made VF-32 variable fighter:

VF-32S:

VF-32S%20Viper.png

RVF-32:

RVF-32A%20Viper.png

Background info on the VF-32:

The VF-32 Viper was developed by Sukhoi and manufactured by St. Barbara Armaments of Alexandria for the Order of Saint Mark to replace the VF-19OSM in OSM service since 2046 (the VF-19's have been transferred to the NUNS forces in Alexandria). The VF-32 is derived from the YF-24 but has some features from the YF-30 and VF-31, such as the beam gunpod and some electronics. Unlike other 5th-generation variable fighters, the VF-32 features a wrap-around cockpit in all modes, just like the preceding VF-19, allowing for superior situational awareness for the pilot. The VF-32's add on modules, the Super Pack and Armor Pack are both capable of atmospheric use, though the VF-32's speed is reduced when using the Armor Pack in an atmosphere. The VF-32's prototype, the YF-32 first flew from the Uraga class carrier St. Mina in 2066 and the production VF-32 entered service in 2069.