Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I love it. It's a great toy IMO. Most of the negatives that people are complaining about are minor stuff. It looks fantastic, is fun to zoom around & pose & for the most part locks together really securely.

Just my personal feelings:

It's not a bad toy. But the manufacturing process/ QC is not up to standard for toys at this price point.

I don't think it is very posable in Armored mode too. (especially with the stiff shoulders)

It looks really massive and impressive with the armors up (I always think this is the right size for big toys - another example is Yamato 1/48). Looking at it from certain angles in B mode, I really admire how it looks. Although in some angles it just looks too cumbersome. It looks very good from all angles in fighter mode.

My bottomline is: if you like the DX, you'll probably love it. If you never accept the chunkiness of DX, this one is just more chunky.

I love it. It's a great toy IMO. Most of the negatives that people are complaining about are minor stuff. It looks fantastic, is fun to zoom around & pose & for the most part locks together really securely.

fine... if you say it's a great toy then I guess I will get it... twist my arm some whydoncha? ^_^

The fighter mode is really secure and it is indeed fun to woosh around since everything locks in nice and tight. Speaking of fighter mode, now that I've had more time to tinker with it, I actually prefer it without the gunpod on as the legs will lock in much more securely and their nacelles can be raised much higher. I'm not even sure if the gunpod is meant to go on in fighter mode. Anyway... back to wooshing my armored 25. :D

fine... if you say it's a great toy then I guess I will get it... twist my arm some whydoncha? ^_^

I am going to stick with my guns on this one. I am not going to spend over 200 dollars (with shipping) on a toy that has these sorts of quality control issues.

Honestly, the only QC issues on my toy are a small paint chip on one of the yellow lines on the shoulder (which I didn't even notice until somebody here pointed it out on one of my photos) and an overly tight right shoulder, which was solved by loosening one screw. Apart from that, it's great. Don't deprive yourself of a great toy by falling prey to the "Chicken Little" syndrome.

People here are making it sound like it's the worst toy ever, when in fact, some of the problems like not being able to insert the wing root pegs into the armor are user error and other issues such as paint chips are isolated and/or very minor problems.

One or two people have a minor issue and the whole of Macrossworld starts panicking and cancelling orders. It's really getting ridiculous guys.

If parts breakages had been reported I could understand it, but the only things being reported are greasy plastic, the occasional 'super glue fingerprints' and the odd paint chip, which are already known issues with the DX line.

If you are happy with the previous DX'es, then you will love the Armoured Pack. It's a great fun toy. Don't let a few small cosmetic blemishes put you off a purchase.

I've just bought my second one, that's how much I like it.

It may be a long while (if ever), before Yamato get to make these and they are selling out fast, so don't regret not buying now and having to pay inflated prices on ebay later.

Graham

which are already known issues with the DX line.

Again, that's my problem. Its the entire DX Valk line, not just this release. I am a patient man (I actually only own one valk, a later release 1/48 Roy with strike pack), I can wait for future products. Who knows, maybe the 1/48 VF-25S will end up being a Perfect Grade release...

Anybody have any comparison pics to the DX vs. the model? I canceled the DX cause it was just to expensive for me right now but I have been thinking of getting the model just for the challenge of it.

Again, that's my problem. Its the entire DX Valk line, not just this release. I am a patient man (I actually only own one valk, a later release 1/48 Roy with strike pack), I can wait for future products. Who knows, maybe the 1/48 VF-25S will end up being a Perfect Grade release...

Yes... "Known problem in the entire DX line" doesn't mean it is not a problem.

The QC problems are more than "occasional" too... Some problems are minor on itself, but when multiple minor problems occur on the same unit, I won't just turn a blind eye.

I agree it's not a bad toy, but on the other hand it's not something I would recommend to friends.

I have to agree... it's not that the paint chipping is so horrible it's that I already wasn't a fan of the DX and had settled on the armored release because the armor hid many of the things I didn't like about the sculpt in the first place.

Reading it comes fresh with super glue vapor stains, lacks markings and other details just pushed me back over the edge of not getting it.

And over-drive did it again, took my money, didn't place the order on their site... it's a sign, I'll wait for the 1/48 model.

eugimon [yuu-jee-mon]

- adjective

1. Characterized by indecisiveness and the ease of being persuaded both ways. Self-opinion generally lies in that of the previous poster. Also seen as a tendency to be parted from one's own money foolishly.

:D

eugimon [yuu-jee-mon]

- adjective

1. Characterized by indecisiveness and the ease of being persuaded both ways. Self-opinion generally lies in that of the previous poster. Also seen as a tendency to be parted from one's own money foolishly.

:D

Have you been talking to my wife??? :blink:

:lol:

Have you figured out a way to transform it back into fighter mode with the neck extension still on? I'm hoping there is a way to somehow do this.

Tried to transform it back to fighter mode with the neck piece and it seems like a no go. :( Well, that's to be expected. This is as far as I could push the head in. Anymore and I'll likely have a few new scratches:

post-5445-1250233008_thumb.jpg post-5445-1250233000_thumb.jpg

I have to agree... it's not that the paint chipping is so horrible it's that I already wasn't a fan of the DX and had settled on the armored release because the armor hid many of the things I didn't like about the sculpt in the first place.

Reading it comes fresh with super glue vapor stains, lacks markings and other details just pushed me back over the edge of not getting it.

And over-drive did it again, took my money, didn't place the order on their site... it's a sign, I'll wait for the 1/48 model.

I have 8 DXes so far and none of them have any super glue vapor stains.

Agreed the toys are far from perfect, but they are the best versions we have for now.

Graham

respect for people who bought the new vf 25s but I did not buy because I do not see a real improvement bandai promised a new re sculpted head and I see the same with laser cannons hard but shorts and the solution to the neck is that the fans had already made with the piece Revoltech and with the armature expected a better landing gear but Im seeing the same ugly and short

Edited by valhary

i respect the people that bought the new ozma but i dont buy it because i cant see a real improved in the head bandai promise a new re sculpting and the solution for the neck is the extencion that propouse some fans with the piece of revoltech and in the landing gear with the armor i suppose that could be better but no is the same ugly and short

In english please.

I picked up my Armored 25S from the post office today. I know people said the box was big, but I didn't really realize how big until I had the box in my hands. At least it was big for a reason. It was fully packed with pieces.

Here's my take on it:

As far as the basic valk goes, it doesn't look like any real improvements have been made other than straighter head lasers (although mine still aren't perfectly straight, but still good enough). The wings still have that upward curve (which I thought was supposed to be fixed). The paint application is spotty quality with chips and scratches out of the box and stray bits of colors spattered on adjacent areas. The neck extender doesn't stay in very well and often times the head will pop off while fiddling with it.

The sculpting of the armor seems a lot better than that of the VF itself. The edges and details seem more defined to me. I was impressed at the level of detail they put into the armor such as the bronze colored vents in the boosters and the little rivets in parts of the armor. However it seems inconsistent. It's like they spent a lot of time on certain areas and then they ran out of steam and decided to skip other details like the vents on the top part of the wing missile launchers or the leg mounted launchers.

In many pictures I've seen, the armor looked greenish. I was happy to find out that isn't the case when looking at it in person. Some if the pieces like the knee armor I felt could have been a slightly darker color, but that's probably just my preference.

The leg armor doesn't restrict the knee movement like the super packs do. There's a lot of clearance in the back to bend the legs. The hip armor however does seem to restrict movement a bit. At least the hip armor definitely clips on this time. It's very snug for both sides and isn't likely to pop off. I really hate the arm pieces though. It's as bad as the hip armor for the super packs from previous releases. They just keep falling off. Speaking of falling off, I had my 25S in battroid mode when I put on the armor pieces. Trying to transform it to fighter with the armor still on was one of the most frustrating things I've tried to do in a while. Pieces that aren't normally supposed to come off (like the knee armor and armor piece that partly cover the canopy) were popping off all over the place while trying to align pegs or reattach things. And reattaching one piece often caused another piece to come off in the effort. The next time I try to transform this thing, I'm just leaving the leg armor on sans launchers and leave the rest of the armor off and reapply after transformation. Kind of like cheating on a rubik's cube by taking all the stickers off and putting them back on.

The armor hides most of the bad design of the toy in fighter mode. Also, I've always felt that the VF-25 seemed a bit small somehow compared to the other 1/60 valks I have. However, this sucker is huge with all the armor pieces on. It just looks massive in fighter mode. It's no longer a fighter, it's a mobile weapons platform.

Despite some problems I have with it, I like the toy and am having a hard time deciding what mode to put it in as well as finding a space to display it.

Trying to transform it to fighter with the armor still on was one of the most frustrating things I've tried to do in a while. Pieces that aren't normally supposed to come off (like the knee armor and armor piece that partly cover the canopy) were popping off all over the place while trying to align pegs or reattach things. And reattaching one piece often caused another piece to come off in the effort. The next time I try to transform this thing, I'm just leaving the leg armor on sans launchers and leave the rest of the armor off and reapply after transformation. Kind of like cheating on a rubik's cube by taking all the stickers off and putting them back on.

Agreed. It's far easier for me as well to remove the armor pieces like those on the wings, arms, and hip guns (according to the instructions, these have to be removed anyway during the transformation and are probably the most annoying part in the process for me particularly when switching to fighter mode) and transform the toy without worrying about them flopping and popping all over the place. In a way, it's kind of like a parts-former to me, only that you're using the same parts, taking them off and putting them back on. I still like the toy nonetheless if only because it looks really good, particularly the fighter mode. It's really a shame though with regard to the paint application and scratches. Compared to my other three Messiahs, Ozma's turned out to be the worst out of the box. Either I was lucky with the other three (no major paint slops or scratches and all the tampo markings were fine) or simply unlucky with this one. Anyway, still looking forward to Alto's armored pack!

Agreed. It's far easier for me as well to remove the armor pieces like those on the wings, arms, and hip guns (according to the instructions, these have to be removed anyway during the transformation and are probably the most annoying part in the process for me particularly when switching to fighter mode) and transform the toy without worrying about them flopping and popping all over the place. In a way, it's kind of like a parts-former to me, only that you're using the same parts, taking them off and putting them back on. I still like the toy nonetheless if only because it looks really good, particularly the fighter mode. It's really a shame though with regard to the paint application and scratches. Compared to my other three Messiahs, Ozma's turned out to be the worst out of the box. Either I was lucky with the other three (no major paint slops or scratches and all the tampo markings were fine) or simply unlucky with this one. Anyway, still looking forward to Alto's armored pack!

I actually prefer this set over the super parts and the ghost

it looks very very intimidating like the comments in previous posts, as in a flying weapons fortress insane mecha design

I actually prefer this set over the super parts and the ghost

it looks very very intimidating like the comments in previous posts, as in a flying weapons fortress insane mecha design

Yeah, not only does the armor set look more menacing, it one-ups the super set by not obstructing the knee articulation, allowing for more dynamic poses, especially with a stand. The only downside is due to the back-heavy wing armors which makes the standing poses a little tricky. And yeah, in fighter mode, it's no plane, it's a flying tank! :lol:

Edited by todd77

Just got mine. No scrapes or glue residue that I can see.

I've been messing with the neck and you can't close it in Fighter

With the extension because its too fat and rubs on the inside of the head.

I think a longer joint piece would have been perfectly fine like what other

Ppl have done. Also out of the box, the back of the legs (nacels?) Can sit

Higher in fighter mode.

Just got mine. No scrapes or glue residue that I can see.

I've been messing with the neck and you can't close it in Fighter

With the extension because its too fat and rubs on the inside of the head.

I think a longer joint piece would have been perfectly fine like what other

Ppl have done. Also out of the box, the back of the legs (nacels?) Can sit

Higher in fighter mode.

Also out of the box, the back of the legs (nacels?) Can sit

Higher in fighter mode.

Please explain the "back of the legs (nacels)?"

Thanks

Also out of the box, the back of the legs (nacels?) Can sit

Higher in fighter mode.

Please explain the "back of the legs (nacels)?"

Thanks

He means these.

post-10222-1250386206_thumb.jpg

The armor sits as high as the legs should have been able to without the armor on, but due to the design of the toys, the legs sat about even with the backplate instead of rising above it like the line art does.

I'm usually the first one to get any new releases of premium valk figures but I think this one can wait for now... To be completely honest these products are getting a little redundant and expensive... I have too many other things to pay for atm and the quality from what I hear isn't so good for what you pay for with this release. Maybe this winter ill grab one off ebay if it's not available ne where else by then.

Anybody have any comparison pics to the DX vs. the model? I canceled the DX cause it was just to expensive for me right now but I have been thinking of getting the model just for the challenge of it.

VF-23-3.jpg

In case it's not "obvious" - left is DX :) . There were a few deliberate mis-transformations with the model - took some "artistic" liberties.

It appears the issues of quality control seem to hit a few people a lot and a few of us have had little to no problems. Just curious where the buyers with the qc issues got their dx's from? Its not that unusual for products that fail to pass qc end up on the gray market. For some importers getting a pallet at half the price is all that matters. I would just recommend dealing with a seller that you can return a sub-standard product for a replacement fairly easy.

You know what's nice about the Armored?

A lot of people on Toysdaily are buying it and posting pics.

I'm guessing it's flying off the shelves overseas. Right?