It was crap.

The primary weakness of everything you shoot at is the eye. . . . even on the freakin' Shadow Alpha you fight in one of the endings! WTF?

You never get to fly an Alpha or a Beta, and one of the Cyclone driving sequences is just you riding as fast as you can before the bridge collapses on you (Don't even waste time attacking the enemy buzzing around you).

Despite it's more annoying than hell "Protect the Cat's Eye" mission, Battlecry was a far better game. Heck, I'd take Jack Archer from Battlecry any day before dealing with bland-ass Locke from Invasion.

Sorry but Invasion was a poor man's, no, a homeless man's wanna-be version of Halo.

I think the way HG does it is there are layers of canon. Anything we actually see in the animation is primary canon. Everything else is secondary canon. If they ever get around to making more animation it's likely that some elements of secondary canon will be altered.

The biggest miss with this game was that you couldn't use the forearm missles of the cyclone or rocket cannon from the 38. Those are iconic weapons and without them, it just isn't fun.

No weapons, no Alphas, no Betas, no likey...

I think the way HG does it is there are layers of canon. Anything we actually see in the animation is primary canon. Everything else is secondary canon. If they ever get around to making more animation it's likely that some elements of secondary canon will be altered.

After almost 10 years since the game came out, if the powers that be made better products they could have moved past such convoluted things.

Wasn't Locke Jack Archer but with amnesia?

Umm...... HELL NO!

Locke was some random REF soldier that got killed at the begining of the game. The soldiers that found you gave you his armor to wear. The main character is actually a Invid simulagent that like Ariel got droppd in the middle of nowhere. The only reference to Jack Archer in Invasion was graffiti on a billboard with the words "Jack Lives!" On it.

same here. I played battlecry a lot just because it was an american market game with macross in it. some of the gameplay balancing was frustrating but I thought it looked good for a PS2 game and it overall played well too.

Me too. I played Battlecry because I din't find a copy of Macross for PS2.

The game not as good than Macross, but, give me many hours of "what hell i doing here?!" in much missions or to get the "Achievements"