1/100 Toynami Regult

ff95gj

what would be kinda cool is if they released 1/100 vinyl zentradi figures along with the regult that you could display next to it. if it could go inside that would even be cooler.

Anyone have some more pictures/impressions of the Heavy Artillery Regult to share? Thinking of adding one to my pile of loot over at BBTS. What sort of articulation (if any) does the missile pod have? Also, has anyone tried using a Tamashii Stage Act 5 display stand to hold up a Regult? Have a couple of those on the way and it'd be fun if they could support the Regult.

• 2 months later...

Um, are you still putting any sort of faith into toynami release dates? Are you new to the hobby? i mean, I hope you've at least gotten refunds on your Shadow Beta and Marcus Shadow Fighter by now.

I guess that's a very snarky way of saying "No" but the good news is that Toynami will be at the toy fare in NY this weekend so you'll probably get news then.

Um, are you still putting any sort of faith into toynami release dates? Are you new to the hobby? i mean, I hope you've at least gotten refunds on your Shadow Beta and Marcus Shadow Fighter by now.

I guess that's a very snarky way of saying "No" but the good news is that Toynami will be at the toy fare in NY this weekend so you'll probably get news then.

Let's not forget the 1:10 Masterpiece Lancer and the 1:10 Masterpiece Rook cyclones...

But to give Toynami credit, there is still talks about the possibility of an MP Shadow Beta. Maybe. (Source: Robotech.com) :huh:

Edited by ae_productions

No, I was going of BBTS website. The other 3 battlepods were released more or less on time. I would NEVER buy Shadow Chronicles CRAP anyway. Thanks for the snarky response though! You're a funny guy. :p

Edited by derex3592

• 1 month later...

I just opened the regular Regult I bought this weekend and I absolutely love it! No problems with parts falling off so far. Great work, Maiden Japan and Toynami!

Now my question is: is it within the realm of possibility that you take this existing design - not changing a thing, not even articulation - and blow it up to a larger scale? Perhaps 1/60 or *gasp!* 1/48? It could be a limited production run and you could sell it at a proportionally but reasonably higher price. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of other collectors on such a product.

My first thought is no on 1/60 or 1/48. I only collect 1/60 but the lack of detail in a vinyl toy like that would seriously show when posed with Yamato's larger, very awesome, scales.

Toynami's 1/100 is great for their line of valks and maybe Bandai Hi-Metal, but if I was going for a pod with my V2s I would build or commission one of Imai's 1/72 pod kits that were recently re-issued.

With anime magic the 1/72 kit should look quite good with the 1/60s...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The toy itself isn't half bad, specially for the price, even at MSRP. The EPIC FAIL comes in their handling of release schedules; had they delivered on time and interspersed other Zent Mecha in the line up to add variety -- after all, a Regult is a Regult is a Regult, no matter what beanie hat it's wearing-- the whole 1/100 thing could have been so much better for the fans and likely profitable for them. But this is a Toynamy-HG collaboration... so the point-gun-at-foot-and-pull-trigger business philosophy is their operating standard.

I bought two at that price - thanks for the heads up! Really want the Glaug - any word on it? I did a quick search last night and it was supposed to come out over a year ago. Has it been cancelled because of poor sales of the Regult?

As far as I remember, the last Robotech Tour stop stated the Glaug is still on its way. The question of when is the tricky part as they're not allowed to say at this time and it's probably gonna be stuck on a boat in China like last year's Pod.

• 2 weeks later...