ROBOT 魂 <SIDE VF>

GRAND CANNON

I like the VB-6 and all, but doesn't it seem like the feet are a little small relative to the torso? And the cannons arent quite as wide as I thought them to be.

Looks a little different from this

>>>VB6 Comparrison Images<<<

Nevermind, some comparing between the pics and the RD VB-6 looks completely different. The frontal knees are completely different, and the hind portion is different too. The torso is indeed too big, and the cannons are too small and short. Even the side turbines on the torso are misplaced and too small. This can either be for the sake of Bandai's kid-friendly philosophy, or the necessity to make it transformable, but it sure as hell isn't accurate.

Ugh. Someone make a gerwalk only VB-6 or HWR already =/.

Has any noticed just how much anime magic the VB6 has between modes in the old artbook/game it came from?

The "Design Differences" are caused pretty much due to nothing on it can magically shrink to be smaller in

the mode it isn't prominent. the nose and wings are distorted for flight mode, the feet and cannons for gerwalk,

and the head, arms, and legs are emphasised in battroid. The "Koenig Monster" has some of the heaviest

anime magic in the Macross continuity. This is why when a company tackles the design, I applaud their efforts

and prepare myself for the "shortcomings of the fruits thereof. No VB6 design that has all three modes without

serious partswapping will be lineart accurate.

Edited by Chindenathus

I'm anxious to see it painted, and weather or not it will be graced with Ranka the Monster Girl.

And just to jinx it I'll express my baseless fear that they'll make the Monster Girl version a Tamashii web exclusive. :ph34r:

It's almost inevitable.

I'm anxious to see it painted, and weather or not it will be graced with Ranka the Monster Girl.

And just to jinx it I'll express my baseless fear that they'll make the Monster Girl version a Tamashii web exclusive. :ph34r:

I disagree... I don't think your fear is baseless at all. <_<

considering how creepy that version is, I could care less if it's exclusive. I want one (regular version) though, this looks amazing.

Too bad the knee pad still won't reach the top of the leg, as in the lineart, just like the Yamato one.

actually it looks like they will, this is a floppy resin prototype after all. It looks to me that once it has properly tight joints and the legs are in the right position it should be able to say in the right position.

• 1 month later...

Yea I gotta agree, the prototype color and material is pretty awesome.

Btw, the VB-6 from the side angle there is practically falling apart.

And I realise that the design employs a lot of anime magic, but I would like someone to release a gerwalk-only mode, to cater to the accuracy of the lineart. No transforming, no more magic. I dont even mind if they sacrifice posability for something like that.

Btw, the VB-6 from the side angle there is practically falling apart.

well of course it's going to look floppy, it's a RESIN PROTOTYPE. any VB-6 is going to be heavy as hell relative to it's size, and resin mockups always have lose joints. By the time we see a production version it will look fine.

I need something for scale... they look tiny. Are they 1/100 size?

I was just about to ask the same question.

@ff95gj:

Do you have the 1/72 scale model? Could you post a picture with them side by side?

And does it come with the stand?

Edited by miriya