DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Well, I just placed a preorder at Nippon-Yasan. I'm supposed to pay for my Toy-Wave preorder this week, but N-Y comes out $30 cheaper in toto. Plus I don't have to pay til later. I was hoping for a few more reviews on the site before committing to one or the other.

Seems like they've had some issues shipping, but mostly for the Sony Vita, and that appears to be b/c of the battery & shipping regulations. Probably wouldn't be a concern for the 171.

nippon-yassan sucks!!!!

I'm curious as well.

Used them only twice so far. My experience with them was both good and bad. partially my fault to choose unregistered SAL option and lost one package. The other one came in fine. I did get full refund from PayPal thou.

If any of you guys need one I just bought 10 cases.

So you are the reason it became extinct!? :D

Edited by kyekye

wow, nice, so we already have to deal with a short supply as it is and then we have to deal with people who do get the pre orders ordering multiples only to offer to resell them to us? how is this cool?

Yeah man, +1. It's not fair - we all want one, some of even in the position to buy one - but as a bonafide buyer, you miss out due to other parties getting glutinous amounts. But i guess it then depends if they're going to resell to his 'bros' - i.e., Macross Freaks like us just so we all then get a craxk at landing one - or they intend to do that at ridiculous prices just to squeeze our robo-lust, and not in a good way.

On the other hand; the early birds get the worm, I guess.

In breaking news; I have one (paid for @ A.E...) ordered and another at HLJ. But personally, if I do get both - I will more than likely sell the 2nd (you'd cover original purchase price + postage) to someone here unless of course I fall madly in-love with it. Also if the EX Armour comes... well... u know... maybe me keeps the precioussSSsss,,,

Yep, I potentially have two YF-29s and three VF-171s coming because of this preorder madness.

If I end up with extras, they're going on the auction block, unless the toy is just too many kinds of awesome to part with.

I've always been content with ordering only ONE of any valkyrie, but thanks to these preorder shenanigans that Bandai is responsible for, I feel the need to order from more than one place just to secure ONE for myself.

wow, nice, so we already have to deal with a short supply as it is and then we have to deal with people who do get the pre orders ordering multiples only to offer to resell them to us? how is this cool?

Don't worry, mine are from the wholesale channel. They are not from any online retailer stores.

For those who's still looking, I've stumble upon this site inxspro dot com, as of this writing they still have 8 left, each for $153.96 + S&H.

They have an e-vil bay site too.

I just ordered two from them.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

For those who's still looking, I've stumble upon this site inxspro dot com, as of this writing they still have 8 left, each for $153.96 + S&H.

They have an e-vil bay site too.

I just ordered two from them.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I might actually be able to get one at a decent price.

There was x3 one minute, then I put one in the basket, went to check out and all were sold out.............. it easily happened in x1 transactions, not from separate buyers.

I just hope they mass produce these so those that bought x3+ get stuck with them, especially since the E-Bay selling of $230+ has already started.

There was x3 one minute, then I put one in the basket, went to check out and all were sold out.............. it easily happened in x1 transactions, not from separate buyers.

I just hope they mass produce these so those that bought x3+ get stuck with them, especially since the E-Bay selling of $230+ has already started.

That sucks that you missed it but hang in there. In any case, what you described could have easily been done in three, two or one transaction(s). I've worked in ecommerce for a long time...

Edited by xrentonx

Thanks for who ever just got the last x3 from inxspro........................... Greed is certainly here

I really don't think you should worry. And definitely not panic, because that's what the greedy ******** pray for, to make you hand over the premium. Just compare the stock that has been made available through the various shops you can see in this forum to that of the two VF-25 renewals. No comparison.

So many people put in multiple orders at different shops out of fear they won't get filled. Ebay will be chalk full of these things soon after release. You might be able to find a deal. Just don't expect Amiami prices... and unfortunately in that case, early bird gets the worm... or worms as the case may be. There are people on here that ordered 2 or 3 from HLJ since HLJ didn't limit to 1. It is a part of collecting, unfortunately. You gotta be quick and vigilant. Also, I'm sure some of those people will be kind to other MW members and offer any extras up here...

Edited by pud333

I'll keep an eye out for any more available preorders. Just for heads up, do keep you eyes open for BIGINJAP.COM, they said due to limited production made by Bandai, they decided not put up the preorder until near the release date.

I was mad at myself for missing out on the VF-25S renewal. I'm still looking for one, but I do not want to pay the e-vil-bay inflated price. I'm hopping Bandai will release it again with the Armed pack or something.

Guys, don't be so disappointed! As a last resort, you can always go to Yahoo Auctions Japan and order it via a proxy buyer.

Go check this link, there are plenty of them for reasonable prices... (just add 30% more to YAJ prices while buying from a proxy buyer)

http://auctions.sear...1=bidorbuy&o1=d

Edited by charger69

It is disgusting to see some people stocking up boxes and boxes 171, while many of us can't find any places to order even one.

It is so selfish and greedy.

Although i love our fellow fans who live in the US, i do think it's mainly them who order the 3 and 4 valkyries at a time, due to TAX FREE importing. If you live in Europe (as i do) you need to pay what comes out at 25% on top of a total price. Therefore should i have to order from Yahoo auctions, as i have, i need to pay retail price, proxy service fee, shipping cost, and another 25% on all of this. You simply cannot afford to order 3 at a time! Of course the people who did order the 3 and 4 valkyries so as to secure one are so mentally unstable - as i see it, i mean it's a model of a mecha, it's not cans of food during war- that they cannot see anything wrong with any of it.

If only Bandai made every MF DX release a Tamashii exclusive... :-) Problem solved!

Edited by Dimis

Saw the inxspro preorder before it ended but they wanted payment out-front so I passed. In this particular piece I won't pay until I have 100% guarantee they have it in stock ready to ship. Too much 171 flying around and Paypal and Ebay won’t cover a release that is months away.

Right now I have it preordered on TFH and nippon-yasan. TFH asks for a deposit on orders but on this one I got an email saying that they weren't going to do it with the 171 since they didn't know if they were going to be able to fulfil my preorder. Found that to be very honest from their part (and a sign that there is truly a shortage of these things).

TFH is from Singapore, so I guess that stores outside Japan have it harder to get many units. Nippon-yasan says it’s from Japan but I’ve read that the communication is very silent/nonexistent with them.

To see so many available on Yahoo Auctions makes me even pickier. Yahoo has been filled with 171 since the pre-order came out almost a month ago. How many of those orders are actually going to get filled?

Remember, BIGINJAP DOT COM still hasn’t put up their order page yet. Those still looking, keep your eyes peal for that site.

In my opinion, I think a lot of e-commences are taking advantage of this VF-171EX fiasco by selling limited number on their site and selling the rest on Yahoo auction or e-vil-bay. This way, they could make a lot more money.

I was able to place an order with Toy-Wave. Not my preferred online vendor (HLJ), but I was able to secure one. To those that haven't been able to get one, I bet there will be a number cancellations once we get closer to the release date. I also believe that Bandai will have a second release of this toy, it makes too much sense not to. Bandai should also release a CF version of this toy since it prominently featured throughout the show.

I missed out on all the preorder with HLJ, AmiAmi, etc., but luckily after searching and searching I came across Inxspro dot com and place an order of two pieces. I’m hoping someone would exchange one for a VF-25S renewal. I like the VF-25 more than the VF-171.

I see we've gone from raging at Bandai to raging at other collectors by calling them greedy and "mentally unstable" for wanting more then one.

Very nice <_<

Not to burst anyone's misplaced anger-bubble, but someone wanted 3 is just as entitled as someone wanting one.

Thank you!

Someone with a sense of perspective finally puts forward a rational post. The amount of misplaced fanboy rage has reached ludicours proportions lately. I can understand the frustration of missing one preorder opportunity after another, and even some of the annoyance at Bandai for creating the scarcity, perceived or real. But the all consuming envy and hatred expressed lately is disturbing to say the least. It's a toy, just a toy, and nothing but a toy. If some others were in a position to place multiple orders to secure at least one sample, or because they want more than one copy, or have the entrepreneurial spirit to get many to sell later for a profit, good for them. This unseemly coveting of what others have purchased, and vilification of them for making said purchases, says far more about the person raging on about the unfairness of it all than it does about those who are the target of said rage.

Just my 2 cents.