DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Sometimes they can give you a good deal. I got my vf-11 from them for about $160 shipped in summer 2010. No real complaints.

I'd advise spring the extra few bucks for the boxing, my 11 arrived with a big dent. If you're a packaging lover (or planning to sell when the cf arrives), you'll want that for sure.

At this point, id go with them, but my PayPal is lacking the full amount due to a software purchase. Well see if there's still a chance by the time my current auctions end.

(null)

CD Japan had closed their pre-order, however last night they briefly opened it up again for what appeared to be only 2 or 3 slots. I managed to score one. But before I could report it here they were out again.

So those still looking might want to add them to their watch list.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-60817

I think the stocks don't last because everyone is placing multiple orders. :rolleyes:

P.S. I've ordered two myself in 2 different shops.

Everyone is paranoid orders at one shop aren't going to be filled, so they order at multiple places. This is the BS environment that Bandai has created with their deliberately small allotments.

The only reason I ordered from multiple places is because one of those places happened to be BBTS, which already burned me so to speak with the VF-25s. Had that not have happened, or I had gotten an order in with a place like CD Japan/HLJ/AmiAmi, first, I would have stuck with only ordering one.

Then what? Reduced prices in June? :p

You know, I bet a lot will appear on eBay soon after release. I doubt everyone that ordered at multiple places will keep each one. They're just covering their butts.

The only reason I ordered from multiple places is because one of those places happened to be BBTS, which already burned me so to speak with the VF-25s. Had that not have happened, or I had gotten an order in with a place like CD Japan/HLJ/AmiAmi, first, I would have stuck with only ordering one.

I think a lot of people are in the same boat as you. I ordered from Amiami in the first round of orders, and the order was open for a couple minutes after I ordered, so I am confident I will get mine. But again, this is all because of Bandai limiting stock to a toy line that is just awesome and people genuinely want. So it makes sens to order at multiple places. Also, since BBTS tends to get their stuff a little later than the Japanese stores, I expect people to drop their BBTS orders once they get confirmation their Japanese store orders went through.

I went ahead and preorderd, on the confirmation page, they said not to send any money until they calculated shipping and sent an invoice. I don't see them being able to do that until they get the product in hand.

Now that I've got two preorders, if Toy-Wave comes though, I'm going to tell BBTS "Cool story bro, but since you burned me on the VF-25S, I thought I'd return the favor, lololol."

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Im thinking around release there will be cancelled preorders with orders opening back up for somewhat normal prices. Just have to be vigilant checking form 3-5 every morning..... I work nights and am usually up. Just missed out on these b/c Its normally a little harder to check at work. And they'll pull up my internet records and be like what the F are you doing on these sites constantly.

In Los Angeles, whenever there's a power outage, everyone panics and races to the store and buys up all the water and batteries. I feel like the guy who was stuck at work and got to the grocery store late to find nothing but empty shelves.... Enjoy your water :p !

I just threw down an order @ toy-wave too. It saves me from surfing all the other shops hoping by some miracle I'm going to hit that magic 5 second window to get my order in. Plus Ken has never let me down, so I feel better about it than messing around taking a chance with some Ebay shops I've never bought from before. Especially when the lead time with those it outside the Paypal claim window....

Dang, can't view toy-way site from work, being restricted.

Can't do that from my work either, so I used my phone to view that site.

BTW, does the head antennas/laser turrents seem not to be resting flush with the body in fighter mode?

Can't do that from my work either, so I used my phone to view that site.

BTW, does the head antennas/laser turrents seem not to be resting flush with the body in fighter mode?

It’s a VF-171, the head turrets aren’t supposed to be resting flush with the body.

vf-171ex-fighter.jpg

Source: Macross Mecha Manual

Edited by Reïvaj

It’s a VF-171, the head turrets aren’t supposed to be resting flush with the body.

vf-171ex-fighter.jpg

Source: Macross Mecha Manual

That's strange, I never noticed the head turrents sticking out even in the line art until now. But being flush with the body like the VF-25 would seem logical in fighter configuration.

That's kinda the reason they're turrets.. they rotate. :p

I'm actually surprised they don't seem to move at all. You'd think you'd be able to point them vertically at least.. having them spread out doesn't do you much good for targets directly behind you.