Yamato 1/200 Scale Macross Collection Figures

Graham

I just got my 2 boxes today. Quick notes to these VF collectibles -

1. They are REALLY SMALL. I mean, if you thought the 1/144 Chara-works Valks were small, these are microscopic!

2. You can get one complete set if you buy one box of 10.

3. Size wise they match perfectly with Bandai's HCM Pro line and Takara's old 1/200 World Wings Museum figures. However, they don't match too well with Herpa's 1/200 diecast airplanes.

4. The sculpt on these figures are much better than I thought. Yamato certainly made the right call by making certain parts out of ABS plastic. Use of ABS plastic on the wings and tailfins makes these Valks look sharp despite being tiny.

Great job Yamato. I've never really liked the VF-9 Cutlass, but Yamato's toy sure looks sexy.

Graham

Yeah please let them know how well they've done so they could think of a 1/60 in the future if not already in mind. ;)

Of course now that i seen gerwalk, i'm a fan! Sexiest Gerwalk of all variable fighters???? :o They need to do the neck thing.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah well I was thinking: make them a 3 pack of every mode so you get the mecha in all forms. No risk of shortages of one mode which is popular, suddenly being hard to get, and unpopular modes being common. This way people who only like the fighter mode of something are forced to have battroid and gerwalk too. :D

I ordered two boxes from HLJ and each box had a complete set of the publicized VF-1J, VA-3, and YF-19A. The only one that will be difficult to get is the mystery low-vis releases.

I got the battroid and gerwalk and will stop there until version two are released just hope they continue the mystery repaint and not release a mystery sculpt.

Graham please keep up the effort to have Yamato release the GNU fighters.

In case anyone is still thinking it over, these are awesome looking for something so small! All the markings are printed and the wash picks out the many panel lines and other details. The windshields are clear and fit well. The sculpt is great too overall. There's only a few details I'm wondering about, but I'm picky. I'm ordering another set when my budget allows. - MT

I found out that Gundam Marker Eraser Pen easily strips off the paint and markings. Good for wiping off some of the overwash. I got a little too ambitious with my VF-1J battroid and stripped off the red striping on the chest. Maybe I'll make it into a low-viz version :p

Yes I want to know if the arms could rise up or down?

Yes, basically they can. The arms attach to the torso by a simple peg and hole design.

The shoulders just plug onto pegs sticking out from the torso. So yes, you can rotate the arms up and down.

However, on all of mine, I have glued all the parts together. Not really beacuse they are loose, although a few parts like the VA-3M Fighter's tail definitely need gluing, but as a preventive measure, because if my 4 year old gets hold of them, he will definitely scatter parts all over the house and no doubt lose some bits.

He's already claimed the VF-1J for himself, which is OK, as it's the one I'm the least interested in.

Graham

I suppose this is more a question/suggestion for Graham, but are these strictly a 1/200 line or is it more about the small size "collect them all" angle? Because I was thinking if they were to expand the line into characters and make them 1/60 scale it could be a great way to satisfy those looking for in scale figures for 1/60 dioramas as well as add variety to this line. Imagine little figures of all our favorite characters to collect and pose next to Yamatos growing line of 1/60 macross products. We could get main cast in iconic poses, generic standing valk pilots, ground crew members, destroid pilots, the list could go on and on and the best part is it could tap two markets, those who are collecting this line as well as those collecting the 1/60 line. I don't know, seems like a good idea to me.

So Graham, any chance you could pitch the idea next time you meet with Yamato?

Got mine today and I'm not that impressed with them :(

The gerwalk VA-3 is missing one very important item. A big red nose :o . That way the clown look would be complete :wacko: .

Just glad they didn't cost too much.

Not what I wanted to hear. I have all three of the VA-3's coming. Is it that Bad?

They don't look that bad to me. Then again the VA-3 isn't exactly one I pay close attention to.

The YF-19 figures in the collection are top notch though. Real sharp looking. At least IMHO.

The colors of the VA-3 may add to clownish idea.

I like the VA-3 and it is the reason I bought the set. The only thing is that my battroid and gerwalk can not stand without their support.

The only other 1/200 that I have that requires the stand is the YF-19 gerwalk.

Gunny,

Or is it the fixed poses, gummy rubber like plastic, or that some can not stand?

Ah a multi choice question.

I choose all of the above.

It's hard to put my finger on exactly what's wrong. All I know is that I just don't like them and they'll more than likely end up chucked in the back of the cupboard when I need some more room.

Well if they did bring out the 9 in 1/60 scale i'd sure as hell buy it..

Ditto! I reckon it's an awesome design. Waaaay better than the VF-4.

GERWALK mode closely resembles a Legioss with it's silhouette.

There's supposed to be a secret chase figure, right? Have pics surfaced?

Two for three.... Neither have UN Spacy, VF or the Kite symbol so paint away to make your own.

Edit: Just noticed that my regular VF-1J Battroid has both UN Spacy upside down on each leg. :lol:

I have to check my other set to see if it is the same.

post-3784-1214933757_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

I'm REALLY picky about what I buy. I am very happy with the set. The detail and markings are first class, especially for something this small. Perfect example is the YF-19's gun. They even put the cooling slots into it. The VA-3 does have odd colors on it, but then again, it is an odd design and part of the whole Macross 7 thing a lot of people don't get. - MT

Just a question for those people who have ordered from HLJ. How's their shipping service to Vancouver, Canada? Anybody know? I'm tempted to get a set but not sure about ordering it from so far away.

Thanks.

For a box it says 2,400 yen (around $22.80 CDN) for EMS and 1,880 yen (around $17.80 CDN) for SAL. EMS takes around 5 days to arrive. I haven't used SAL to ship anything in ages, but I think it takes around 3 weeks to get to me here in North Van. Also, be prepared to pay anywhere from $8 - $13 in duty fees because HLJ doesn't mark their packages as "gift".

Generally, I use HLJ as a last resort. I jumped ship to Hobby Search when HLJ screwed me on 2 pre-orders and I had to go elsewhere before everywhere else got sold out. Hobby Search also marks their packages as "gift" and out of the 5 or so times I've ordered from them I had to pay duty fees maybe twice. The only thing with Hobby Search is that they only have EMS as a shipping option, no SAL.

Edited by Mellow Yellow