Yamato 1/60 v.2 Cannon Fodder

ff95gj

Graham has mentioned that the VF-4 is on the to-do list for Yamato, just not at the top, so I'd assume, yes, they have the rights to make it.

Thanks! I missed that post.

Cool... We'll have indeed everything it seems.

2009 is truly the year SDF sets off!

Edited by ff95gj

Graham has mentioned that the VF-4 is on the to-do list for Yamato, just not at the top, so I'd assume, yes, they have the rights to make it.

I thought Graham mentioned that the VF-4 was on his list of suggestions for what Yamato should do. Maybe I misread it. Still, I'm pretty sure they've got rights to it.

Alaska Base colors would be great.

I never understood the idea of a 1J CF - isn't the 1J like an officer's valkyrie or something - ergo suggesting CFism is not really an option? I dunno...

I don't like the 1J head with CF colors. Prefer traditional CF 1A.

But - I am happy because as others have mentioned, this means Yamato might be doing "out there" obscure colors - which means everyone will get their pet dream done - hopefully.

Pete

CF colors are "Production" colors, meaning essentially that's what all Valks get delivered painted as and each pilot can change the colors to their taste.

But the -1J head is my least favorite, so hopefully this means they're getting to a -1A CF soon. And DYRL colors too, please.

Vostok 7

This also means that it's more profitable for Yamato to release a whole bunch of VF-1 variants than to make a Super Nova YF-19 or any other variant of other valks.

Guess the smaller size of the VF-1 1/60 makes things cheaper too

Awesome! :) I think it's cool Yamato is doing all the different versions of these Valks. Not everyone likes the same ones so they catering to us all I think. Besides with all the variety they pretty much guarantee that we are all going to pick up 3+ Valks. ;) I have a VF-1S Strike with a VF-1J and VF-1D on order.

Now I seriously tempted to get this one and a DYRL Max and Kakizaki. :lol:

And here I was saying to myself last summer that I'll order just one! :lol:

OH and FYI those panel lines are there on the chest you just have to look closer at the pics. It's either bad lighting hiding the panel lines on the brown or maybe just an issue with the prototype.

Looks like Yamato is having a field day with this new 1/60 scale. Interesting that they are producing actual Valkyries from the TV series & DYRL, as oppose to 1/48 variant schemes like the Low vis. 1 & 2 & Stealth.

But either way I like it!! B))

Nah, I think in the cartoon the way the legs attach and how that area is colored/treated is the stuff of anime only territory. In fighter mode I'm sure you'll see the nose is all white.

Yeah looks like an coloring error. No matter what happens someone is going to scream "it's not anime accurate" cause in one scene they noticed a strip or something that wasn't in any others. Lets face it cartoons from the 80s where not exactly colored or drawn well all the time so I think people need to be a little more forgiving sometimes.

Edit: I know this would probably not be anime accurate but I wish that the shoulders where brown. Would look better IMO.

Edited by logos

Yeah looks like an coloring error. No matter what happens someone is going to scream "it's not anime accurate" cause in one scene they noticed a strip or something that wasn't in any others.

Exactly! Yamato will have to release another recolor for this one! ^_^

I can imagine a young pilot, happy to be ditching the brown casket known as the VF-1A, thanking his lucky stars that he got promoted to squad leader.....

......only to see his new VF-1J is also Cannon Fodder BROWN!

DAMMIT!!!! :lol:

Yep Macross Cannon Fodder Brown is like the Red Ensign of Star Trek ^_^ and why I love Galaxy Quest........those guys should never leave the ship. :lol:

Guy: I changed my mind. I wanna go back.

Dane: After the fuss you made about getting left behind?

Guy: Yeah, but that's when I thought I was the crewman that stays on the ship, and something is up there, and it kills me. But now I'm thinking I'm the guy who gets killed by some monster five minutes after we land on the planet.

Nesmith: You're not gonna die on the planet, Guy.

Guy: I'm not? Then what's my last name?

Nesmith: It's, uh, uh - -I don't know.

Guy: Nobody knows. Do you know why? Because my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.

DeMarco: Guy, you have a last name.

Guy: DO I? DO I? For all you know, I'm "Crewman Number Six"! Mommy... mommy...

Dane: Are we there yet?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by logos

I can imagine a young pilot, happy to be ditching the brown casket known as the VF-1A, thanking his lucky stars that he got promoted to squad leader.....

......only to see his new VF-1J is also Cannon Fodder BROWN!

DAMMIT!!!! :lol:

That is very funny! You can imagine him wondering how the hell the other bloke with long hair named Ichijo managed to get a pure white VF-1J with red stripe across the chest. :lol:

Now that I looked at the photos again of the Cannon Fodder VF-1J, the brownish tan color is too light. Compare to the 1/48 VF-1A version, this 1/60 version seems to have a light mocha cream color instead of the earth tone brown. Why such a light color?

Hey guys remember that this could all be due to camera lighting. Lets wait till someone actually has any of the production "brown" valks in their hands before we start bitching about the color being wrong.

But yeah your right it does look a bit light from the photos.

Edited by logos

Hey guys remember that this could all be due to camera lighting. Lets wait till someone actually has any of the production "brown" valks in their hands before we start bitching about the color being wrong.

But yeah your right it does look a bit light from the photos.

i personally love the tan! and this thing simply looks awesome!!

Eh. Make it a 1A and I'll buy it. In this economy I can't afford to shovel out money for every variant that is released.

I'm in the same boat as you... luckily I have the 1/48 1a CF and I'm trying not to buy dupes so I'm happy to have this alternate CF scheme.

pass. wheres the VE-1 dammit!

Since they've made the VF-1D and two seaters are now possible, since some how Yamato couldn't do it with the 1/48 scale, I'd say the VE-1 & VT-1 will be popping one day soon!!

I do hope the color of this VF-1J CF is just a little darker, does seem a bit to light. We'll just have to wait and see!!

Yeah looks like an coloring error. No matter what happens someone is going to scream "it's not anime accurate" cause in one scene they noticed a strip or something that wasn't in any others. Lets face it cartoons from the 80s where not exactly colored or drawn well all the time so I think people need to be a little more forgiving sometimes.

No sir, not around here. Line art accuracy is Serious Business. :lol: