Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Heh, have to agree about the 17s, they're not the prettiest plane in the bunch perhaps, but they're built like tonka trucks compared to the 171s.

The really ironic thing though? The one flaw on one of my 17Ds is the same exact shoulder piece that always fails on the 171s. Granted, I wound up making it worse by trying to fix it, but one of the shoulder triangles had a mold flaw keeping it from seating correctly. It's fixed up well enough, but the triangle is clearly re-glued and touched up, and the surface has been glued and sanded down.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked this ages ago, but does anyone have a video review of how to change VF-17 from Batroid to Fighter (not the other way around). I have never transformed mine since I transformed from Fighter to Batroid using a video review, cause I am scared I might mess it up.

Thanks, but I fraked up, I meant the VF-19..... sorry...I don't know why I always screw up the 7 and 9. Anyways, anything on that one?

Never saw one from Battroid- to Fighter-Mode. Do you have problems with the transformation back to Fighter-Mode?

I finally had a chance to take my 19s out of the box & check it out. So pretty...

I did notice something off, though. The rear portion of the canopy looks cloudy. I can't tell if it's smudged or if the plastic itself is stressed. Has anyone else seen something like this?

(null)

post-2681-1671061_thumb.jpg

I finally had a chance to take my 19s out of the box & check it out. So pretty...

I did notice something off, though. The rear portion of the canopy looks cloudy. I can't tell if it's smudged or if the plastic itself is stressed. Has anyone else seen something like this?

(null)

Hey, first post. I'm living in China at the mo and while here I'm taking advantage of Taobao.com to pick up valks on the cheap. I just got a VF-9s with no problems other than the cloudy rear canopy you've posted. It look almost like condensation but it doesn't wipe off.

Hey, first post. I'm living in China at the mo and while here I'm taking advantage of Taobao.com to pick up valks on the cheap. I just got a VF-9s with no problems other than the cloudy rear canopy you've posted. It look almost like condensation but it doesn't wipe off.

Hey I'm doing the same thing, currently living in GZ and buying so much stuff off taobao...

As awesome as taobao is, I can't help but feel wary everytime I make a purchase. I mean...we ARE in china after all. There have been a few stories where people would buy things listed as new but instead wild receive a used item.

So yeah, they may be cheap, but always purchase things from a seller that has more than 3 jewels or at least one crown in their seller rating.

Which valks did you purchase btw? I've recently received 2x vf-19f, vf-171, 2x yf-29, and am gonna get a yf-30 real soon.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I think they made quite a few production runs of the VF-19S, while they only did one, AFAIK, of the 19F. Ideally, of course, it should be the other way round. :p

But I guess in the end more people would rather buy just the one iconic valk rather than going all out to get the entire squadron, so it does make sense economically.

Edited by Renato

Thanks guys. I got the S :D

Haul501.jpg

I thought there were qc or bq issues on the S that's why it was selling for less.

Wings are so thin. And those pointy edges. I stressed one already. Anyway, it's hardly noticeable.

Now I'm thinking of getting a yf-29 or a renewal vf-25.