Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

This is driving me insane. I can't seem to beat Milia during Skull Leader Forever Pt II (I believe it's part two) mission. How on earth does one defeat her? I've been using the specials and doing everything in my power to stay alive...all to no avail. I'm at the point where Misa no longer <3's me ='(

If that's one of the ex missions, play until you unlock the stat unlmiter, fully max out a valkyrie, and return for win. If you've already done all that, try using the YF-21's special on her, and equip Kakizaki's pilot skill.

I cant get SS rank on the final Macross II stage :/

Can't remember honestly, it's been a while since I've had to SS those missions, try searching older posts though, chances are strategies for the harder missions have already been covered here.

If that's one of the ex missions, play until you unlock the stat unlmiter, fully max out a valkyrie, and return for win. If you've already done all that, try using the YF-21's special on her, and equip Kakizaki's pilot skill.

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately I haven't had much time for any kind of recreation since I made that post. I don't believe it's an EX mission. It's under the "Chronicle" tab. The first part of the mision I'm flying the VF-1S as Roy, where I barely beat the first part of the mission each time. Then comes Milia who just destroys me so easily. I'm flying in the VF-1A (I believe it's the A variant and not the J) as Max and I just get worked every time. I don't have a choice in who the pilot is or what valkryie I can use.

Edit: I've searched this thread twice and have come up empty. Maybe I'm just using the wrong key words...

Edited by Oihan

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately I haven't had much time for any kind of recreation since I made that post. I don't believe it's an EX mission. It's under the "Chronicle" tab. The first part of the mision I'm flying the VF-1S as Roy, where I barely beat the first part of the mission each time. Then comes Milia who just destroys me so easily. I'm flying in the VF-1A (I believe it's the A variant and not the J) as Max and I just get worked every time. I don't have a choice in who the pilot is or what valkryie I can use.

Edit: I've searched this thread twice and have come up empty. Maybe I'm just using the wrong key words...

Ok, I know what mission you're talking about now. You can't avoid Roy getting shot down at the end (it's just what happens in the story), but make sure to survive with as much HP as you can, and do "not" use up any SP, you'll need it for the Max portion. A good trick for making sure you build up max SP is to target the turrets on the Zentradi ship, just hold the target button and down on the cross pad to switch it to weaker target lock, and take out every turret on that thing before destroying it.

I "believe" you're stuck using "Max Time" as your double pilot SP attack on that mission, so here's what you do. As soon as the max part starts, get as close to Milia as you can, and initiate the pilot SP attack (forget the exact button combo, but it's not the individual Valkyrie attack, it's the one tied to your chosen pilot), this will freeze her in her tracks. Immediately switch to battroid, and melee the hell out of her. You should have enough time to take her out proper. Once the tme freeze is over, switch back to fighter and pull the hell up, Milia has a wingman somewhere around. Try to missile her to death, but if you have an SP bar after taking out Milia, use the Valkyrie SP on her, should finish off the misison for you and get you the SS rank.

Ok, I know what mission you're talking about now. You can't avoid Roy getting shot down at the end (it's just what happens in the story), but make sure to survive with as much HP as you can, and do "not" use up any SP, you'll need it for the Max portion. A good trick for making sure you build up max SP is to target the turrets on the Zentradi ship, just hold the target button and down on the cross pad to switch it to weaker target lock, and take out every turret on that thing before destroying it.

I "believe" you're stuck using "Max Time" as your double pilot SP attack on that mission, so here's what you do. As soon as the max part starts, get as close to Milia as you can, and initiate the pilot SP attack (forget the exact button combo, but it's not the individual Valkyrie attack, it's the one tied to your chosen pilot), this will freeze her in her tracks. Immediately switch to battroid, and melee the hell out of her. You should have enough time to take her out proper. Once the tme freeze is over, switch back to fighter and pull the hell up, Milia has a wingman somewhere around. Try to missile her to death, but if you have an SP bar after taking out Milia, use the Valkyrie SP on her, should finish off the misison for you and get you the SS rank.

Thanks again Keith! I'll be sure to give that a try once I figure out what the combo is for that pilot SP attack...lol...and I'll report back here in this same post. Thanks a bunch once more!