SV-51r Nora Type

Mechleader

Man that thing is insane lookin', it sure looks like they put a lot more work and detail into this one. Look at all those little fins and pointy bits :lol:

Edited by Grayson72

Real nice, however I'm not a fan of the paint scheme.

Are there any good screencaps/artwork/art that show the various SV-51 paint schemes?

I seem to recall seeing a "low-vis" or generic version somewhere (other than for .5 seconds in the anime).

Real nice, however I'm not a fan of the paint scheme.

Are there any good screencaps/artwork/art that show the various SV-51 paint schemes?

I seem to recall seeing a "low-vis" or generic version somewhere (other than for .5 seconds in the anime).

low-vis maybe too plain for this plane (pun intended). But the current paint scheme looks like something Strawberry Shortcake would approve of.

Well, NOW I can see why they call it Flanker inspired :oB))

But as much as I like Nora, I'm gonna wait for the DD version.

Somebody, somewhere, asked if it was inspired by the F-18. And to me, it does look more like an F-18 than a Flanker. Anyway, I like it.

Lots of detail for that sucka, gonna get one for sure, thanx for the link too. And look at that decal sheet..................

post-3-1079643228_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mechwarrior

If you tell me to look for a Flanker in there, I can see it---but I too think it's much more F-18-esque. (Honestly I don't like any of M0's planes)

You're right David! As I look at it, it has a F-18-esque to it.

The gear is "ultra-Russian" to the point of being a stereotype. Could be Kawamori's design, could be Hasegawa guessing.

Considering there is no line art of the SV-51's landing gear yet and I don't think it has ever been shown in the anime either, I strongly suspect that it is Hasegawa's guess.

Graham

:o Clean up on aisle six - I just drooled all over the place!  I am not that interested in models but I so have to get one, or two.  Nice job, Hasegawa!

Oh if you get one of these models I think they'll change your mind about them. The detail, the precision, the fun.... gurgle

Edited by Grayson72

Hello,

Hasegawa did a great job bringing SV-51 to life, and as far as the model goes, I'm definitely impressed as usual with their attention to detail.

I've got to be honest here, and go against the consensus, but I find the valkyrie itself to be as ugly as sin. The whole design is just too "busy" for my tastes. It reminds me of something you would see at a custom car show in Southern California, the only thing it's missing is a set of plush dice hanging from the rear view mirror. The paint scheme is tacky and overdone, and the whole thing screams hot rod airplane on nitrous. All of the fins, the weird shaped nosecone, and so forth just compound the problem.

Yes, the designer deserves credit for coming up with such an "interesting" design, and yes, it's nice to see something different. And yes, I know that it was intentionally designed to appear the way it does to further the storyline, but all that is moot. Explaining why something looks the way it does, won't influence someone to change their aesthetic tastes.

I've never been a "Yes Man," because I want to be cool and make friends. If you don't like my opinion, well, who gives a damn, I'm entitled to it, just as you are to yours. I have no desire to discuss it further, either you like the SV-51r or you don't, no need for anyone to crusade and waste time trying to change someone else's mind. I'd like to see more respect for other's opinions, and less focus on debating them. ;)

Just my two cents.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

I've never been a "Yes Man," because I want to be cool and make friends. If you don't like my opinion, well, who gives a damn, I'm entitled to it, just as you are to yours. I have no desire to discuss it further, either you like the SV-51r or you don't, no need for anyone to crusade and waste time trying to change someone else's mind. I'd like to see more respect for other's opinions, and less focus on debating them. 

You boorish, narcissistic, contemptible, reprobate! How can you not like the SV-51?... :lol: Just kidding. You're right, it is ugly, fugly even, but I think that's part of its charm, and it definately looks like nothing else in the Macross pantheon of variable fighters.

Cheers

Serge

Edited by mechaninac

mechaninac,

How dare you!

Not only do I resemble your remarks, but I also represent them. :p

Yeah, I know what you mean, some things are so weird looking, you can't help but like them despite their looks.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

You're right, it is ugly, fugly even, but I think that's part of its charm, and it definately looks like nothing else in the Macross pantheon of variable fighters.

Cheers

Serge

I wouldn't call it ugly but it's not a beauty queen that's for sure. I think it has a retro fighter charm mixed with a modern sleek fighter. It is a very unique design, yet has a familiar look to it. I like the shape and location of the wings and the long, bird like nose. The whole thing is supposed to resemble a bird creature and I think it is successful. I don't care for the pink paint and all the stripes, though. The gray version looks much better.