Gundam thunderbolt anime announced!

seti88

Looks like another gundam anime is on the way, based on the thunderbolt series!

via gundamguy...

Story Synopsis:
Universal Century 0079. Federation troops and Zeon forces carry out a fierce battle in the "Thunderbolt Sector" in what was once Side 4 "Mua". The "Thunderbolt Sector" is a shoal zone composed of the debris of destroyed space colonies, named for the electrical discharges from the metal debris. MS pilot Io Flemming is among the Federation soldiers who are dispatched to the area, where Zeon sniper Daryl Lorenz awaits them on the battlefield.
post-15116-0-75047700-1446216613_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-32500600-1446216618_thumb.jpg

Going back to the UC again, eh? Cool. It will be interesting to see if they can strike a balance with the mechanical designs: make them fresh and interesting for new anime audiences, without completely disregarding the look and feel of the 0079 era.

Going back to the UC again, eh? Cool. It will be interesting to see if they can strike a balance with the mechanical designs: make them fresh and interesting for new anime audiences, without completely disregarding the look and feel of the 0079 era.

Have you not read thunderbolt? They've done some minor changes to the MS designs. Think GM cardigan on roids.

Have you not read thunderbolt? They've done some minor changes to the MS designs. Think GM cardigan on roids.

I actually like the MS designs change in Thunderbolt. They're very NASA real spacecraft looking.

I haven't finish reading the manga, but I hope we're not getting any UNDERSTANDING ending in this new TB anime.

I'm all for a Thunderbolt series/OVA, though I recall hearing the story wasn't canon. Here's to hoping it won't be CGI animation.

Actually from what I understand. Bandai said only stuffs that are not in animation are non-canon. So, the Thunderbolt series just received its canon status with this new OVA.

Gundam is going back to its gritty roots, even with IBO having a dark undertone running through it so far.

Adding thunderbolt into the mix will surely please the more mature mecha discerning fans in general.

More mecha action is welcomed! Looking forward to see them animated :D

post-15116-0-95370600-1446256207_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-97296500-1446256211_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-91246700-1446256212.jpgpost-15116-0-43616200-1446256215.jpgpost-15116-0-34694100-1446256219.jpgpost-15116-0-82041500-1446256227_thumb.png

I haven't finish reading the manga, but I hope we're not getting any UNDERSTANDING ending in this new TB anime.

Agreed.it should be like the original, gritty Gundam, where all the seasoned, experienced soldiers get killed and a bunch of teenagers save the day.

Agreed.it should be like the original, gritty Gundam, where all the seasoned, experienced soldiers get killed and a bunch of teenagers save the day.

If you have watched the original Gundam, a show that the original Macross took a lot of inspiration (both story line wise and the real robot aspect of it) from mind you, you would know that those teenagers didn't save the day. The main cast of the show pretty much all of them survived, but the point of the orginal gundam is that war is hell, and the biggest achievement the main characters did was just to be lucky enough to survive the One Year War.

The differences between old Gundam/Macross to the modern one is the transformation of the main character from a teenager to an adult. Modern mecha anime is more about staying true to yourself and tried to change the world with (a bit childish) idealism. But hey, it's just that people wants to feel empower nowadays, so it's just more of a culture change than anything else.

And honestly, you've been coming after me across a couple of threads now. I have no problem with people voicing their opinion, but if you don't back off I might to have to talk with some mods or something. If you got a problem with me personally, we can take it to the PM. Stop it with the passive aggressiveness, and that goes for a couple of your other friends too.

Also, think about changing your title. Nuker of gay? I mean i'm sure it is some kind of a joke, but can you get anymore homophobic than this?

Edited by Reaction Warhead

If you have watched the original Gundam, a show that the original Macross took a lot of inspiration (both story line wise and the real robot aspect of it) from mind you, you would know that those teenagers didn't save the day. The main cast of the show pretty much all of them survived, but the point of the orginal gundam is that war is hell, and the biggest achievement the main characters did was just to be lucky enough to survive the One Year War.

The differences between old Gundam/Macross to the modern one is the transformation of the main character from a teenager to an adult. Modern mecha anime is more about staying true to yourself and tried to change the world with (a bit childish) idealism. But hey, it's just that people wants to feel empower nowadays, so it's just more of a culture change than anything else.

And honestly, you've been coming after me across a couple of threads now. I have no problem with people voicing their opinion, but if you don't back off I might to have to talk with some mods or something. If you got a problem with me personally, we can take it to the PM. Stop it with the passive aggressiveness, and that goes for a couple of your other friends too.

Also, think about changing your title. Nuker of gay? I mean i'm sure it is some kind of a joke, but can you get anymore homophobic than this?

1. I have watched the original Gundam (many, MANY times, from 1985 onwards), and the main fleet to attack A Baoa Qu was blasted by the Solar Ray. The White Base Crew attacked, cleaned up, and truly became the Newtype Division (and Newtypes, you may remember, are all about UNDERSTANDING...). The impression we're left with at the end of the series (or movies, if that's how you roll), is that they're the future of humanity, and have thus saved EVERYONE.

2. I'm not sure what your second paragraph is saying. Thus I can't address it.

3. I'm ornery, I admit it. I don't remember attacking you specifically, though. I've disagreed with you in the Delta thread, but I haven't come after you. Wanzerfan, I went after. Shaloom, I went after. If I went after you, trust me, you'd know it.

4. You'll have to bring that up with the mods. You'll notice, Reation Warhead: Sharon Apple Concert Attendee, that as you make more posts, your title changes. One of them is "Nuker of gay, unborn baby space whales" and if you post here enough, you'll hit it, too. My mistake was that once I moved into the next bracket, I posted, "Thank goodness I'm no longer a nuker of gay, unborn baby whales anymore." And some wag on the moderating staff hit me with my custom tag. A few members have them, and they're more to be pitied than censured.

1. I have watched the original Gundam (many, MANY times, from 1985 onwards), and the main fleet to attack A Baoa Qu was blasted by the Solar Ray. The White Base Crew attacked, cleaned up, and truly became the Newtype Division (and Newtypes, you may remember, are all about UNDERSTANDING...). The impression we're left with at the end of the series (or movies, if that's how you roll), is that they're the future of humanity, and have thus saved EVERYONE.

2. I'm not sure what your second paragraph is saying. Thus I can't address it.

3. I'm ornery, I admit it. I don't remember attacking you specifically, though. I've disagreed with you in the Delta thread, but I haven't come after you. Wanzerfan, I went after. Shaloom, I went after. If I went after you, trust me, you'd know it.

4. You'll have to bring that up with the mods. You'll notice, Reation Warhead: Sharon Apple Concert Attendee, that as you make more posts, your title changes. One of them is "Nuker of gay, unborn baby space whales" and if you post here enough, you'll hit it, too. My mistake was that once I moved into the next bracket, I posted, "Thank goodness I'm no longer a nuker of gay, unborn baby whales anymore." And some wag on the moderating staff hit me with my custom tag. A few members have them, and they're more to be pitied than censured.

1. Then if you watch the rest of the UC Gundam that you would know that Newtype didn't become the savior of humanity at all. The Earth Federation sweep the idea of Newtype (NT) under the rug and NT like Amuro Ray was seen as another ace pilot. The idea of NT was more of a Zeon idea, and the White Base crew was used in the second half of the show as decoys. They just slap the title Newtype corp on them to scare the Zeon and hopefully attract more attention to the White Base. During the OYW, nobody truly understand what a Newtype is.

As for the Understanding part. In the world of UC gundam, yes NT can understands each other, but that doesn't stop them from fighting and killing each other now did it? Amuro/Lalah and Haman/Judau/Kamille they understood each other through NT magic, but that didn't stop them from fighting or killing each other. Because they were on different side and circumstances wouldn't allowed it. They were all fighting for something or someone they believed in or loved, so they might understand each other's motivation they still ended up killing each other. That's the point. Understanding alone is not enough to stop wars form happening.

2. If you don't understand it, then i'm not going to address it either. it's not that important.

3. If you're that bad tempered, then you need to hit the gym or walk it off. Don't take it out on other people with passive aggressive or aggressive comments. Notice that while we did have a disagreement in the Delta thread, I didn't go after anyone on an individual bases on other threads. We had a disagreement on the show we both like ( I guess you just like it a hell lot more than me) in the Delta thread, so what happened in the Delta thread will stay in the Delta thread. There really is no need to have that spill over and taint other threads in the forum.

I will repeat again. If you got a problem with me, take it to the PM.

4. I did not know that. So, for that I'm sorry for calling you a potential homophobic.

I checked my title: Galactic Diva. At first I thought maybe I have a custom title, as it so aptly describes me, but I see that Black Valkyrie is also a Galactic Diva. Alas...

Anyways, Gundam is what Gundam is. War is hell, and plenty of characters die, but the heroes are (mostly) teenagers. I'm not familiar with Thunderbolt, so I don't know if that'll be the case here, but I suspect it will be. And that's ok! Sure, a lot of newer Gundam material has sucked, but I think they've sucked for reasons beyond adhering to Gundam (and anime in general) tropes. AGE started off pretty good, but sort of fell apart in the third arc. G-Reco had a pointless, meandering story that never really went anywhere. SEED was a whinier, crappier OYW.

But, we've had good new Gundam, too. 00 (although flawed) wasn't too bad, and Unicorn was fantastic. Given the popularity of the Thunderbolt manga, and the fact that it's a UC story, I'm going to keep my hopes up on the anime.

1. Then if you watch the rest of the UC Gundam that you would know that Newtype didn't become the savior of humanity at all. The Earth Federation sweep the idea of Newtype (NT) under the rug and NT like Amuro Ray was seen as another ace pilot. The idea of NT was more of a Zeon idea, and the White Base crew was used in the second half of the show as decoys. They just slap the title Newtype corp on them to scare the Zeon and hopefully attract more attention to the White Base. During the OYW, nobody truly understand what a Newtype is.

As for the Understanding part. In the world of UC gundam, yes NT can understands each other, but that doesn't stop them from fighting and killing each other now did it? Amuro/Lalah and Haman/Judau/Kamille they understood each other through NT magic, but that didn't stop them from fighting or killing each other. Because they were on different side and circumstances wouldn't allowed it. They were all fighting for something or someone they believed in or loved, so they might understand each other's motivation they still ended up killing each other. That's the point. Understanding alone is not enough to stop wars form happening.

2. If you don't understand it, then i'm not going to address it either. it's not that important.

3. If you're that bad tempered, then you need to hit the gym or walk it off. Don't take it out on other people with passive aggressive or aggressive comments. Notice that while we did have a disagreement in the Delta thread, I didn't go after anyone on an individual bases on other threads. We had a disagreement on the show we both like ( I guess you just like it a hell lot more than me) in the Delta thread, so what happened on the Delta thread will stay in the Delta thread. There really is no need to have that spill over and taint other threads in the forum.

I will repeat again. If you got a problem with me, take it to the PM.

4. I did not know that. So, for that I'm sorry for calling you a potential homophobic.

1. Yeah... That's the sequels... They get ridiculous after a while...

3. I'm not, really. And again, I don't think I've attacked you personally. What did I say?

(And, um... If what happens in Delta stays in Delta, you probably shouldn't have brought it up here, right...?)

Edited by Gubaba

1. Yeah... That's the sequels... They get ridiculous after a while...

3. I'm not, really. And again, I don't think I've attacked you personally. What did I say?

(And, um... If what happens in Delta stays in Delta, you probably shouldn't have brought it up here, right...?)

1. Well, after watching 30+ years worth of UC Gundam. That's the impression i'm left with, and it is the same impression I got from the original MSG as well.

3. I already said i'm not going to discuss this with you here on the Gundam TB thread. Take it to the PM if you want.

(huh, you're the one who brought it up first. read my replies again.)

Yeah....jean stained pissing frenzy......eeeeeh, it's mostly true.

I for one want to know where the hell is this TB trailer that was suppose to of been shown with Origins 2. I know it was only in theater but you'd figure there'd be some kind of news about it, talk of some kind. Hell sunrise to even finally release a stream variant of it would be nice!

I've only read up to volume 3, and I think I have volume 4 saved on my mac somewhere but it's hard to read these when all I get is a little window that I have to open and close all the time. Days like these I really miss having a CBR.

Cool! I like the zaku designs in this series, though I've only seen the HG kits, not the manga.

On a side note, I'd like a custom tag, too! Something like 'perpetually outta time' (get it?) XD pretty please?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I checked my title: Galactic Diva. At first I thought maybe I have a custom title, as it so aptly describes me, but I see that Black Valkyrie is also a Galactic Diva. Alas...

i didn't even notice, now i'm going to check my title.

Huh. I asked Reaction Warhead several times what I said that caused such offense, and got nothing. I even said I'd apologize for upsetting him so if he'd give me the post(s) that bothered him.

Anyway, I dunno... One-Year-War is kinda played out, isn't it?

Yeah....jean stained pissing frenzy......eeeeeh, it's mostly true.

I for one want to know where the hell is this TB trailer that was suppose to of been shown with Origins 2. I know it was only in theater but you'd figure there'd be some kind of news about it, talk of some kind. Hell sunrise to even finally release a stream variant of it would be nice!

Been searching for news of that since 31st october! ICmon a new gundam anime and no less popular and noone leaked it yet?

Unless of course there isn't one and it's merely an announcement....

Huh. I asked Reaction Warhead several times what I said that caused such offense, and got nothing. I even said I'd apologize for upsetting him so if he'd give me the post(s) that bothered him.

Oh whatever. This is a common tactic with you. You start stuff with other members and then you throw up your innocent face "i don't understand, what did i do? Give me a break. You have been attacking Reaction Warhead. Ever since he voiced his opinon about disliking what he saw of Delta which is fair. He is allowed to have an opinion. You then followed him into the toy forums and made a point of responding negatively to his posts. And now you're here doing the same thing. You're not fooling anyone. The Mods know you do this and you have been banned for it already.

I hope they do, areaseven! That scene in msg the origin 1 where Ortega slices through a cruiser with a giant ax was the highlight for me!

As over the top as that was, it's more believable than the Atlas Gundam launching from the ground and slicing a Komusai attempting atmospheric re-entry.

If you kids have issues with each other, take it to PM or drop it.

I'm gonna agree with statement. They're shoe-horning so much stuff into the UC timeline, soon we'll know what Ramba Ral had for breakfast the day he got his Gouf. Instead of filling in months of the OYW, we're gonna fill in by days. I know there's a demographic that loves the UC-timeline but come on. That's my $0.02.

As over the top as that was, it's more believable than the Atlas Gundam launching from the ground and slicing a Komusai attempting atmospheric re-entry.

Hahaha! That's the scene?! Daaannggg! Can't wait to see it animated!!

Dunno about RW, but that's the single most offensive thing I've ever seen anyone post on these boards.

But there's supposed to be ONE Gundam during the OYW, and it's the one Amuro has. 0080 fudges it by having a new Gundam being tested on a colony. 08th MS Team completely screws with continuity by having mass-produced Gundams. If you add in the mangas and games, there are apparently dozens of Gundams flitting about, which simply doesn't square with the original series/movies.