DYRL Bluray Release Confirmed

SCOOPUDA!

The official BD page is now up (although it only lists content for the 30th Anniversary Box):

http://www.macross30.com/1stmovie/

Some details:

1) Brand new HD master from the 35mm negative: According to the About page, it's a brand new scan (unlike Gunbuster BD using the old DVD remasters)

2) Unfortunately, the master film for Flashback 2012 doesn't exist, so it will be an upconvert from the best quality master available.

3) New 5.1 ch sound.

4) Choose between the original theatrical presentation or Complete Edition. Stereo or 5.1 audio tracks.

5) The "Macross Roots" video is the same one available on the PSP Ultimate Frontier Nyan Nyan UMD.

6) The documentary "Do You Remember Love Flashback 1984" is completely new, using footage from those involved at the time.

7) The game footage, CMs, trailers, image boards are upconverted from the DVD HD Remaster Box.

8) The 24 page color booklet will be character designs/mecha designs (settei shiryoushuu).

9) Movie pamphlet reproduction will of course be BD sized.

10) Posters will be the three theatrical, LP bonus posters, DVD announcement, game posters (will some of them be double-sided?), bonus posters, anime magazine poster reproductions, and event posters.

11) Mini main frame animation reproduction

12) New Tenjin illustration box (wish it was a Mikimoto box)

13) Macross Archives: reproduction of anime articles from 2012 flashbacking to 1984. Includes comments and illustrations from Out, Animage, Animec, Animedia, Anime V, The Anime, My Anime, etc. If it's Anime V, then Flashback will be covered most likely (since it was on the cover of an issue as well).

14) Film strip: cut from a new reel created just for the Anniversary box

I'm really excited about this one, although the price is so high. Only question is why the standard edition disc has a Flashback 2012 image, while the box edition have LP illustrations. One of those should have been on the standard edition instead.

One other note, the amount of picture frame that can be seen will be extended as much as possible.

Edited by lynn2009

Don't worry folks...the link will be active shortly. It's always like that for BD/DVD's there. Or you could just pay more a little more at Amazon or CD Japan.

When you say that, do you mean AmiAmi will be reopening the preorder? I don't have any experience buying movies from them, so I don't know how this situation compares with the VF-171 fiasco.

Assuming AmiAmi is already completely sold out on the collectors box (still amazes me how fast they sell out), what other sites will carry it? Amazon and CD Japan, sure, but any other recommended import places to get it? I'm not used to buying actual movies, so my usual list of places to check (HLJ, et all) doesn't really apply here. :lol:

Also, I'm curious exactly how "limited" this box set is. Limited as in "limited to XXX copies," or just produced for a limited time?

I think it's a ratio of about 4/5 in terms of yen/cents, at least last I checked. So, something 8000 yen would be about $100. That's probably very out of date though.

Shipping will depend on what method you use, but for a small package like this, it shouldn't be anything near as much as a valk.

1) Brand new HD master from the 35mm negative: According to the About page, it's a brand new scan (unlike Gunbuster BD using the old DVD remasters)

I suppose it should look better than the so-called HD Remaster DVD?

3) New 5.1 ch sound.

I read this and I thought, "YES! At last!"... But then I remembered, my 5.1 set-up is through my DVD player, not the PS3, so that's that. I need a brand new sound system just for this feature... Argh.

5) The "Macross Roots" video is the same one available on the PSP Ultimate Frontier Nyan Nyan UMD.

This is exactly what I feared, I thought that "Kawamori and Miyatake talk about the roots of Macross" description sounded familiar. Oh, well.

6) The documentary "Do You Remember Love Flashback 1984" is completely new, using footage from those involved at the time.

Yay! I hope this is fairly long and informative.

I own pretty much everything else...

The official BD page is now up (although it only lists content for the 30th Anniversary Box):

http://www.macross30.com/1stmovie/

@Lynn2009 - Wow, great catch regarding this information! I havent checked that website in ages. Many thanks for posting all the details!

Annnnnnd...preorder done! Amazon JP must have listed it overnight since it didnt come up when I searched last night. 2000yen or so off - not a bad deal. Of course, thanks to my electronics-store kung-fu, I'm actually going to end up paying twice as much for DYRL as I end up paying for the tv BD box ;-)

Annnnnnd...preorder done! Amazon JP must have listed it overnight since it didnt come up when I searched last night.

It still doesn't come up when you search, even now... If I hadn't seen the link here I don't know if I could have ordered it otherwise.

Man, why does Macross hate me? I've been pretty @$$ed out on the last 6 big ticket items for preorder. It seems like people are driving up demands through ebay flipping or suppliers aren't stocking enough lately. My friend Kye tells me that there are a bunch of flippers in China these days buying out entire orders just to resell on auction sites. Life sucks sometimes. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

- Nghia

BTW, how did you guys get through Amazon.jp? They just told me that I couldn't ship to my address but the reasons why were in Japanese so I couldn't figure it out even with Babblefish.

Edited by nghia59

OMFG, WTF!! How can the pre-orders be selling out so freakin' fast everywhere!! I take a freakin' shower & CD Japan has both listed it & stopped taking orders.

Guess I broke the cardinal otaku rule about bathing...

::goes to refresh several browser windows, comes back to rant::

Ok, I understand the whole point of LE items, but they shouldn't be LE THIS QUICK!! Hell, the Macross TV LE orders are still up, wtf is the problem with this...and yes, most of my anger is over missing out on FB 2012 on bluray, which I know isn't gonna look great, but I want it anyway!!

Edited by Keith

Man, why does Macross hate me? I've been pretty @$$ed out on the last 6 big ticket items for preorder. It seems like people are driving up demands through ebay flipping or suppliers aren't stocking enough lately. My friend Kye tells me that there are a bunch of flippers in China these days buying out entire orders just to resell on auction sites. Life sucks sometimes. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

- Nghia

BTW, how did you guys get through Amazon.jp? They just told me that I couldn't ship to my address but the reasons why were in Japanese so I couldn't figure it out even with Babblefish.

AmazonJP has some crazy rule about selling anything software/game related internationally. No idea why, and all they have to do is "not" catagorize this freakin' thing as a game.

Is there any chance even the regular version be available at amazon?

Same problem, regular version can't be shipped through amazonjp because they catagorize it as a game. That version won't be hard to get though. Also, I'm thinking shops are limiting pre-orders right now because they have no idea what their fulfillment will be. And I'm going to stick with that delusion until I pre-order a copy...

Amazon.jp has an English option somewhere, click it and most things should be automatically translated.

was sorta tracking the neowing page as I had a bad feeling (courtesy of the first amiami soldout) that when that sold out, cdjapan will most likely almost immediately post the uber-box in the english-page and mark it as "sold out".

and that's pretty much what happened.

seems like the same damn shenanigan as the VF-171EX shenanigan.

&!*$&@#$(*!

and the available regular version doesn't even have the usual 5%-10% pre-order cdj discount.

:sigh:

and I actually even emailed cdj prior to the neowing sold-out to email-alert me when BLJS-93006 becomes available on the CDJ-page.

still waiting for that alert.

oy vey...

Got to say I feel kind of lucky with the special box edition....

Checked this morning (melbourne) and saw both versions at Amiami, I thought cool I will grab he limited box edition. Whoops sold out..

Ok so I get the standard edition and move on. Earlier today the preorder opened up again (for the box set) and I managed to get in just before it closed again!

I think it will look amazing, now the waiting game...

$232 US + free shipping to Canada on Yes Asia.com

I'm just waiting to see if my pre-order for the DYRL limited edition bluray went through.

Just now, I received a shipping order number, but no email notice and the bluray is not listed in my

new Yes Asia account to show that I just purchased it.

I thought I did something wrong and went through the order process again with the same

result. Maybe, someone at Yes Asia has to manually confirm the order and send me

an email?

Now, I need to cancel one of the two DYRL limited BD sets at Yes Asia.

Both orders are being processed, so I sent an intra-website message

to cancel one of the bluray orders.

Maybe, if I see another bluray set for less, then I'll cancel this order.

Edited by boinger