DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Just putting it out there again that I managed to acquire a spare on HLJ in the chaos, and if anybody is keen, feel free to hit me up.
(Though preferably from Singapore as the additional shipping would be a killer for those in other countries).

Otherwise, I'll just release it and cancel it on HLJ, and it should pop up again whenever.

How reliable is this seller? I got a feeling that they will not be able to fullfil all the YF-29B preorders.

Well he just been around for over a year now....and he mainly does transformers..so he been very reliable in that sense as i order lots of 3p transformers off him already ...i just convince him to get some macross in as well so it make it easier for us aussie to get it .... im just waiting for my vf0d from him now....

Well he just been around for over a year now....and he mainly does transformers..so he been very reliable in that sense as i order lots of 3p transformers off him already ...i just convince him to get some macross in as well so it make it easier for us aussie to get it .... im just waiting for my vf0d from him now....

Thanks lancalot. I'll have a look at it. Bandai has burned a few sellers in the past where they took preorders and not being able to fullfil it. Hope his supplier is reliable.

ahh did you buy the Zero from him?

Hopefully he'll pull through. A few years ago we had a local place in northern CA who tried that and a bunch of us tried to order from them but they got nothing. I ordered as a backup plan. Lucky thing they didn't ask for payment up front. Nowadays when it comes to Bandai Valks, I only order from six stores and they're all based in Japan. BBTS used to carry some Bandai Valks but either HG put the screws to them or fulfillment was just too much of a hassle.

Edited by xrentonx

i'd be OK with sydney sellers getting Macross stuff in

he actually in brisbane.... but at least it in australia .. :) im surprised he actually sold out now... there's more macross fan than i expected.... but then again the yf29b is a pretty bird

Edited by lancalot

he actually in brisbane.... but at least it in australia .. :) im surprised he actually sold out now... there's more macross fan than i expected.... but then again the yf29b is a pretty bird

I think he didn't take that many orders in the first place. When I had a look at it, there was only 5 pieces for order. Hopefully with the small numbers, he will be able to fulfil it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Even though I have two po's I'm not super duper excited about this one lol. It's just another 29 recolored. Kinda wish the B meant something (kinda like the super duper awesome vf-0B. full double seaters ftw)

Edited by Duymon

I am still liking the paint on this one myself, but I never really had the compulsion to buy multiples of the same color scheme YF-29. I thought about it a few times with the Ozma variant, but was able to muster some willpower.

Edited by Loop

This is actually the one I'm most excited about out of my current Bandai preorders (even over the 19 Advanced) because of the color scheme. I own a ton of 29s too!

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just cancelled my 29b from hlj. i thought about having two when i don't even like the 29. so i'm just keeping my cd japan order. just cancelled my cdjapan order as well.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i just cancelled my 29b from hlj. i thought about having two when i don't even like the 29. so i'm just keeping my cd japan order. just cancelled my cdjapan order as well.

I don't like the design of the 29 either, but I do like this color.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't like the design of the 29 either, but I do like this color.

i think so too. i thought about getting it bc the color looks so great. but then i thought about it and i'd prob sell it off after opening it due to not liking the busy ness and brick like dimensions of the center body in fighter mode.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm paranoid and will kill my CDJ order for this after I get my VF-19 lol.

I think I'll only get more than 2 of a particular 29 if they release a low-viz version like in the Mac 30 game.

The 29 has actually really grown on me. Didn't like the design that much at first. Slowly got used it to it. It's one of the few valks that has it super parts color matched to the valk.

Same here. I hated it but then grew to love it, but not enough to get more than 2 of each :D

I kinda wish they'd release the 3 Itasha 29's (sheryl , ranka from 1/100 kits and the Mac 30 DLC). I figure if you use the same mold with a different paint job why not go baller?

Edited by Duymon

i think so too. i thought about getting it bc the color looks so great. but then i thought about it and i'd prob sell it off after opening it due to not liking the busy ness and brick like dimensions of the center body in fighter mode.

Would probably end up buy it from you, David. But good thing you didn't. ^_^ Still contemplating on this one just for the color. ;)

The 29 has actually really grown on me. Didn't like the design that much at first. Slowly got used it to it. It's one of the few valks that has it super parts color matched to the valk.

Is the webshop exclusive Super Parts already announced for this Valk? Thanks.

Same here. I hated it but then grew to love it, but not enough to get more than 2 of each :D

I kinda wish they'd release the 3 Itasha 29's (sheryl , ranka from 1/100 kits and the Mac 30 DLC). I figure if you use the same mold with a different paint job why not go baller?

I agree. It's the only reason I would buy multiples YF-29 and VF-25.

post-5552-0-58522500-1433540594_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-20790500-1433540606_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-25646100-1433540601_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-11431200-1433540613_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-89446000-1433540618_thumb.jpg

I think it's the "brick like dimensions of the center body in fighter mode" that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on this, even though I really like the color. I wonder why it never bothered me with the 2 versions I currently have.

i wouldnt even accept those for free. They'd just take room on my shelf I could use for better schemes.

The 29 is in my Top 3 macross Fighters, and the toys are all great. i can;y wait for this one!

I have to agree somewhat.. The 29 is a great bird and my appreciation for them has risen considerably but I feel there could be better paint schemes done for them than these. As much as I love Ranka and like Sheryl I just don't get these art paint schemes and I doubt they would fit in nicely with my current displays. Although I'd probably still take them for free but struggle to display them.