Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

There's a tab for music, which means we should hopefully be getting a decent amount this time.

I'm hesitant to get excited on the basis that they may just throw in more BGMs and not more vocals.

The 19S has got my blood boiling though :lol:

Interesting...the screenshot for Roy's VF-0S says "Ace Pilot of Enemy Appeared", so either it's a shot from a mission like "Squadron Attack", or we get to play on the side of the Anti-UN forces for a few missions. Nora is also confirmed to be one of the pilots in the game, as well as Ivanov, which adds to Shin and Mac0 Roy.

Also, it's likely the AFOS willl be there and playable. At I just hope this one winds up with a Gundam Battle Universe level of detail, if not higher. My current wish list:

-TV versions of Hikaru, Max, Kakizaki, Roy, Milia (miclone), Milia (Zentradi), a Zentradi grunt (Loli Wareru & Konda would be awesome too), TV version of Bodolza.

-DYRL versions of Kamjin, Briitai

-A whole slew of series operators, from Kim Shammy & Vanessa (TV/Movie)/ Lucy, Sally Ford & Miho Miho, to the Macross Quarter girsl & Kathy.

-We should be pretty safe in getting seperate TV & Movie verisons of the Macross, but we need TV & Movie versions of Global as well.

-Captain Wilder (since we're getting the Quarter) & Battle 25's Captain

-Battle 7, and all New Macross Class to actually have their gunships in their hands, also a Captain's hat varient of Max Milia & Exedore, & Battle Galaxy.

-Aegis, Gilliam, Timothy Dalton (lol), Manfred Brando, and all co from VFX-2 if that's really happening, but sounds like it may be minimal Extra Mission content, so maybe next game.

-VF-4, VF-3000, VF-9, VF-14, Armored VF-11, Jamming Birds VF-11, Konig Monster (Canaria's Monster Girl varient too), VF-19F.

-Physica, Kinyru (wouldn't hate on Stephan & a custome Pnk Pecker VF-11 either, but that can be done with paint scheme's), Docker, Gamlin's other wingmen, a Varuta grunt, Valgo, Gabigula, Gabil, Gabil's mecha that was in Ace Frontier but not playable, laughing twins, and the rest of the Varuta mecha we didn't get. QE-3000 Ghost, Ghost X-9, Frontier's Ghost's.

-EMILIA WITH QUADRAN QUILQUA, & Netter Valgo.

-Dynamite versions of Gamlin & Miylene (WITH jI-YUU UTA!!!). Ginga Kurira!!, Pirate captain, Pirate grunt, Liza, Liza's captain.

-VE-1, Funny Chinese, VF-1 Angel Birds varient, Cats Eye,

All these things are possible, it's just a question of how many of them have been thrown in during the past year since Ace Frontier.

Oh, and Grace, how the hell could I forget super sexy Grace in flight suit with Green VF-27! Hell, and Machida too, and Alto's poor grunt wingmen, poor poor cannon fodder. Must have been Kakizaki's grand nephews :)

Edited by Keith

Looking at the new page under system, second tab, it lists all the campaigns. I didn't think so, but it looks like Flash Back 2012, M3, & VFX-2 actually do have their own campaigns! And since it lists "and more," could it be we actually will get a hidden Macross II campaign? (Kinda like how Axis was hidden in Battle Chronicle, and only accessable after playing through every other campaign)> I'm starting to think this game actually will be Macross "Ultimate" Frontier.

Hell, between all of this stuff, and the hopefull inclusion of many songs, they may actually use up a full UMD this time!!

Hmm, wonder if we'll get the Pheyos Valkyrie, freaky legged Rainbow whatever from VFX-2, Sound Jamming VF-17 & Battle 13, Dragon II, etc...

Edited by Keith

Hell, between all of this stuff, and the hopefull inclusion of many songs, they may actually use up a full UMD this time!!

I doubt it, Gundam Battle Universe for all it's Units, Campaigns and levels is still only 749mb. The previous title Chronicle was 547mb which I guess is a somewhat significant jump. MAF is clocking in at 618mb currently so it might be close but I doubt it'll hit that mark considering a UMD capacity is like 1.8 gigabytes?

:o I feel so retarded for not seeing all this a month ago. I am now giddy of the fact that there will be ANOTHER game. God finally! I've gone as far as I can for the entertainment value with Ace Frontier. It is time to move on.

I doubt it, Gundam Battle Universe for all it's Units, Campaigns and levels is still only 749mb. The previous title Chronicle was 547mb which I guess is a somewhat significant jump. MAF is clocking in at 618mb currently so it might be close but I doubt it'll hit that mark considering a UMD capacity is like 1.8 gigabytes?

Ah, but you forget the songs, it'll be the songs that make the difference.

Ah, but you forget the songs, it'll be the songs that make the difference.

Well it's not a Metal Gear Solid game so I think oodles of uncompressed audio is out of the question :lol:

Just as examples though my MP3 of "My Friends" is 6mb and then "Diamond Crevasse" is 7mb. I'm not sure if they were set to best quality when I imported them though.

Something I'd REALLY love would be new game modes. Like for example playing in an adhoc mode where people can actually join mid-game. MAF has some really cool missions, but not being able to join in the middle of a fight makes it harder, way harder to play in adhoc party.

Another thing I'd like is for you to be able to import a small picture and make an emblem to stick to your VF, but if that's too much, a simple emblem maker like in the Halo games would suffice.

I'll second that motion for operators from the series. The two female operators we get are nice, the guy, well... No thanks. However the new girl... GAH! What is she? SIX YEARS OLD!? I'd much prefer Emma Granger, the original operator for the PS2 Macross.

New wingmen would be totally badass, and the possibility to actually have TWO wingmen, instead of just 1. Three pilots per squad has been pretty much a trademark in Macross, except for Macross II which is an alternate universe and Plus, but they were just test pilots.

Something that'd rock, even if it's saved for a future entry in the series is for the game to feature an original story. I mean, I dunno when humanity encountered the Zolans nor if there was no bloodshed, considering how in touch they were with regular humans. I'm guessing it was the Macross 11, as it was sort of mentioned on a "radio drama" airing on the Zolan streets.

There's a LOT of space for a new story, even if it's not about Zola.

Also, if the game data begins getting big, an installation would be very, very nice.

Sony seems to be shy in doing PSP installs, which is sad. The system would really flourish if they'd utilize memory stick capability for applications. The browser for one could really use a boost, memory stick expansion ofr the cache would make pages way easier to browse, and maybe add better or even youtube ability to the tiny portable. That alone would boost sales.

If you're into homebrew, you'll see those (browser memory/youtube app) already made by somebody.

@bluemax151

The usage of ATRAC audio for the PSP Macross game (if I remember correctly, they're not in 44khz) might yield better rates for BGM's going less than 1mb. But still, if the developers do include the songs with vocals - i don't think they'll put in the full song.

Edited by runab0ut

Don't underestimate how much space songs will eat up... Project Diva, the Vocaloid game for the PSP has like 36 songs in the game, and the game itself is 1.3 GB.

Sony seems to be shy in doing PSP installs, which is sad. The system would really flourish if they'd utilize memory stick capability for applications. The browser for one could really use a boost, memory stick expansion ofr the cache would make pages way easier to browse, and maybe add better or even youtube ability to the tiny portable. That alone would boost sales.

Though the PSP Go is a step in that direction, the problem is that Memory Stick Pro Duos are still very expensive and seldom on sale compared to SD cards...

Edited by shiroikaze

That's why the expanded browser features would be optional depending on who would want to spend on a bigger memory stick.

Do I see hanger stats for Sivil on the left page there??? Nope, on second thought, looks like the YF-19. But I do see a VF-0 with Ghost Booster.

Edited by Keith

Sold

Ive spent more time on MAF on my PSP that I have on any other game including Lumines 1 and 2 and Inteligent licence put together.

Maybe this will spawn the want for a PS3 game then I will actually have a reson to buy one.

Roll on september:)

Don't underestimate how much space songs will eat up... Project Diva, the Vocaloid game for the PSP has like 36 songs in the game, and the game itself is 1.3 GB.
Of course but what I do question is the quality and length they would be represented with in the title. Although Macross as a series has music as integral to the plot the game has not placed quite as much importance on it so far where as Project Diva is almost exclusively about said music thus it using up as much space as it does is completely understandable.

I hope I'm totally wrong though and MUF is the largest UMD released to date or something.

the problem is that Memory Stick Pro Duos are still very expensive and seldom on sale compared to SD cards...
I just bought a 4gig "high speed" pro duo for like $45 to replace my 4gig "slow speed" pro duo not too long ago. Now the 8gigs they're still usually over a $100 still but when the 16s become prevalent I'm sure the prices will drop.

8GB (Sony/Sandisk) memory sticks are regularly $40-65 at Best Buy/Newegg, etc. If you look/wait for sales they get even better. 16GB are $99 or less these days.

Buy.com had 8GB Sony for les than $40 shipped/16GB for $73 shipped..def dropping price wise.

Edited by nectarsis

Even with sales they are still generally more expensive than compact flash cards, SD cards, and USB flash drives of the same capacity. Not many people are willing to pay $73 for a 16 GB pro duo, especially when it's almost exclusively used by Sony machines. =\

But yes, the prices have dropping steadily since the beginning, still waiting for the 16GB to hit $40'ish :p

8GB (Sony/Sandisk) memory sticks are regularly $40-65 at Best Buy/Newegg, etc. If you look/wait for sales they get even better. 16GB are $99 or less these days.

Buy.com had 8GB Sony for les than $40 shipped/16GB for $73 shipped..def dropping price wise.

Are we talking about the high speed video quality ones? I'm not constantly looking but I haven't seen those for under a $100 yet. High speed makes a big difference in loading speeds with custom firmware.

Macross II confirmed? Not really my cup of tea but cool to have.

Are we talking about the high speed video quality ones? I'm not constantly looking but I haven't seen those for under a $100 yet. High speed makes a big difference in loading speeds with custom firmware.

Macross II confirmed? Not really my cup of tea but cool to have.

I wonder if the Macross II Macross will blow up when it tries to do its SP special

Yeah! Macross II!

I really wanted them to include that one. Here I'm hoping they add Ishtar as a copilot.

Took a quick look at the mecha section at the official site, and I found a new section. VF-X2. There is so far only the VF-1S Banrose from that game, but hey... The more, the better, right?

Edited by CrazyMartian

Man....I might finally break down and get a PSP now. You guys think it'll play on the PSPgo when that comes out?

Man I bought a Sega Saturn just to play the Macross DRYL game....then a Dreamcast just to play the Macross M3 game and yes I only have one game for each system.

Sigh.....well the Dreamcast did come with Sonic, but that doesn't count.

Macross....has cost me a lot of money....

Man....I might finally break down and get a PSP now. You guys think it'll play on the PSPgo when that comes out?

Sony stated at their press conference that there will be a downloadable version for any new game released at some point. So yes, the PSPGo will be able play it, though I think you might have to jump through some loops to get a Japanese game onto a non-Japanese PSPGo. Most likely just registering for a Japanese PSN account and downloading from there...

Registering for a Japanese PSN account (which would be a bit harder without a PS3, buying a Japanese PSN point card with enough for the game, (which are offered through some import shops), and then the slow as all hell speed that the PSP actually downloads games from the playstation store.

Get a 3000 model and save yourself the headache. Either Domestic or import, you're good. They may even do a custom Macross PSP with ultimate frontier, I think there was a custom with ace frontier.

I wonder if the Macross II Macross will blow up when it tries to do its SP special
lol

I've been so busy I totally forgot I need to see if there's new custom firmware to even be able to play this game. I've been waiting to get Mobile Suit Gundam Senjou no Kizuna Portable until there's an update.