Arcadia Mini SDF-1 DYRL Version

IXTL

By definition, any toy costs less than a more expensive one. :D

I was wondering that too. It looks like that'll be an exclusive for the online shop orders or something... the text is too tiny to read properly, but that's what I could make out.

I meant that a smaller toy should be less expensive than a larger one, sheesh! Bunch of smart alecks in here. :p

It'd probably be a watermelon in order to scale correctly!

Bodolza's ship is the size of a 2 story house compared to the Ant SDF-1. Remember at the end, all the capital ships including the Macross, were flying NOE style on it's skirt before Britai's ship blasted a hole on the side of the round pumpkin-like part.

Just tweeted him... in English. "Why not 1/3000 SDFM instead?" with a pic. His foreign fans need to let him know a lot of us we're more familiar with and want the TV version.

Yeah, I saw your tweet. Looks like it wasn't clear enough as to let him know what you meant but you could've taken advantage of the opportunity to let him know that the foreign fans are also grateful for his work.

rather than having a gashapon sized SDF-1, I'd rather they just re-release the 11B, or the display stand with more adapters..

dont get me wrong, not that I dont like the SDF-1 ... I'd love the gashapon-scale for displaying dioramas, i.e skirmishes with briitai fleet, but the price..urgh

sorry for being a d*ck for complaining about the price, but $75 for a gashapon is a bit steep..be it transformable or not.

• 4 weeks later...

75 bucks? That's before shipping too, and if it's a web exclusive of some kind, that'll probably mean proxies for anyone not living in Japan...

And for a *four inch* SDF-1? At that point I'd rather just dump more money for a bigger one. I don't mind it being the DYRL version since I like it with the ARMD ships but I gotta say I'd prefer a TV series version myself, honestly. I have no idea what Arcadia's thinking between this and that eye-bleeding anniversary valk.

My biggest issue is that lots of us have been clamoring for a SDFM version of the SDF-1. Instead this give us this overpriced, mini-DYRL nobody asked for. Charge me $500 for a web-exclusive if they have to. It was my favorite thing from the original TV series, bar-none, and I'm still waiting for one.

You know it might be just wishful thinking but I see a future behind this release.

Arcadia will release the most likely item to sell well among capital ships, SDF-1 DYRL version. After this one, Arcadia might release other capital ships, SDFM TV version, Macross7, whatever they have the license of. It's a much less risky way to sell these since the pricing is set much lower than a 1/3000 version.

And given the bonuses this first release comes with and the transformation gimmick, I'm not under the impression it's that much overpriced but I might be wrong about this, the first reviews will tell I guess.

I don't know if anyone was able to read the ad in the very first post but it clearly says "kit". It's not a toy, it's model it. A resin model kit*. Think of this as a limited issue garage kit. Hence the high price.

* using colored resin - so it doesn't have to be painted

** the ad does also say it will transform

Edited by Vifam7

I don't know if anyone was able to read the ad in the very first post but it clearly says "kit". It's not a toy, it's model it. A resin model kit*. Think of this as a limited issue garage kit. Hence the high price.

* using colored resin - so it doesn't have to be painted

** the ad does also say it will transform

Yeah, I had seen that, and I don't think it's expensive for a garage kit.

• 3 months later...