Macross skins in Ace Combat

Tochiro

Glad you got it to work!

I'm baffled as to why you had problems to begin with. I have an American IP address and I was able to download the Macross skins without any problems. Though, there are some Japanese titles that XBL JP won't let me download, like Arcana Heart 3. From my understanding, region locking on XBL JP (excluding Games on Demand) is entirely dependent on the publisher, not XBL. Since Macross_Fanboy and I are both in the USA and were able to download the Macross skins, I assumed that Namco Bandai didn't implement region locking.

Another weird thing is that if there's a JP game that I'm not allowed to download because of my American IP, XBL JP won't show me the "Download" button to actually download it. In your case, it sounds like XBL JP showed you the "Download" button, but then performed a region check when you clicked on it.

Thanks for the VPN link, I'll include it in my article in case anyone else has the same problem.

Well for me, it's strange, I was able to download Halo CE not long after I established my account and the game wouldn't play because of a region lock. Imagine my frustration when I was short 1400MS points or whatever. I needed to renew my account last year and when my wife sent me the code for a new account it didn't work and US MS points were equally "worthless." I find myself in a dilemma when it comes to specific DLC for certain games, at least Ace Combat hasn't been an issue. :)