1/60 VF-1 replacement shoulder hinge

VF5SS

Awesome. I was actually working on the same thing but it's great that someone got it out.

Polyamide or what Shapeways call White Strong and Felxible (WSF) is paintable. Here's a link to where someone panted my Thundercats sword replacement. http://www.thunderca...42/2/#post20583

But I think the preferred way to color it is to dye it.

Shapeways has a page on it http://www.shapeways...ials/dyeing_sls

But this guy has a better tutorial http://home.comcast....uzzlePieces.pdf

Dyeing would of course guard from scratches.

Great work!

Just wanted to say good job on this. I think I'm one of the first few people to see this video. Been lurking these boards for years (even prior to joining). Uhhh...I guess this makes it my first post :)

They don't make the plastic in a dark grey do they?

Let me know if you guys are happy with what you see with the prototype. Everything from the existing toy is used with the new hinge so you need nothing else.

Since the prototype works so well when used in conjunction with the default part I could make it available as soon as possible.

I honestly have zero problems with all of my Yamatos (most being the re-releases after the hinge problem was discovered) so far but I'd be interested in getting some of these just in case. I think if you could dye the plastic to match closer to the off white they use in in the DYRL scheme valks, you'll be golden. Now if you can do this in the dark grey of the Focker VF-1S Low Vis or the Elint...

Looks great so far. If you can improve the strength of the part when in battroid, that's even better. I have all the necessary replacement parts, but it's nice to know they're available, just hope for a very decent price.

Let me know if you guys are happy with what you see with the prototype. Everything from the existing toy is used with the new hinge so you need nothing else.

Since the prototype works so well when used in conjunction with the default part I could make it available as soon as possible.

I'm very happy with what I see, the fact that is looks and acts stronger than the original part is really cool. Maybe down the road you & your partners can design top notch VF-0 parts!

I'm very happy with what I see, the fact that is looks and acts stronger than the original part is really cool. Maybe down the road you & your partners can design top notch VF-0 parts!

I wish to help all Valkyries.

As I said in the video, resident CAD monkey Sanjeev helped me out here. He's making his own robot toys as well. Please give him some love.

http://brownnoize.blogspot.com/

I honestly have zero problems with all of my Yamatos (most being the re-releases after the hinge problem was discovered) so far but I'd be interested in getting some of these just in case. I think if you could dye the plastic to match closer to the off white they use in in the DYRL scheme valks, you'll be golden. Now if you can do this in the dark grey of the Focker VF-1S Low Vis or the Elint...

The designers can't dye it for you because the pieces come direct from Shapeways to you, unless they do a bulk order and dye everything at once. But then that would raise the price because of the double shipping. Shapeways does provide 4 pre-dyed colors for you for a bit extra. Dark gray, Indigo, Red and Black.

Ok based on the response in this thread, I am going to offer the first hinge for sale.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/veefshop

It is $5.96 plus shipping. Sadly I can't control the shipping rates as these are sent straight from Shapeways to you.

Please note this was only tested with one new hinge and one old. Fitting two new ones in fighter mode may be tight.

If you are satisfied with the demonstration as shown in the video then by all means try it out.

Everything you need is taken straight from the stock toy. I will post instructions on how to replace the hinge within the next few days.

You can either use the stock shoulder pin or replace it with another steel pin that is 1.5mm in diameter.

When using a knurled pin, you can simply remove the knurled end using a wire cutter and this will not affect its use inside the hinge.

This is the fit with one old and one new.

We're just being cautious with the first revision. Honestly I think there's enough wiggle room.

Yeah...that's pretty tight for a second one. I'll pick up the revision for sure. I want to get them in pairs anyway. If I'm gonna need to replace one, I'm replacing them both at the same time. I like symmetry :) Good stuff though