Yamato v2. 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers

IXTL

Is this gonna be limited like the VF-X?

The VF-X was limited, but still pretty darn easy to get. Even to this day you can still get it at BBTS for a not-too-horrible price.

http://www.bigbadtoy...spx?search=VF-X

As for the Cavaliers being misinterpreted...perhaps we're the ones misinterpreting it and thinking the black deco is a shadow? Regardless of what's "correct", I think the black deco looks ace.

Edited by eriku

I don’t think they’re misinterpreting the shadow. If you look at the screen shot you’ll see the valk’s sitting just upon its shadow, so the canopy can’t cast its own back or forward –let aside back AND forward at the same time.

About the colour changes, it looks like it’s a GA interpretation and I’m sure Yamato have Mr Kawamori’s approval.

I just think it's more likely that the dark color is shading, since every other valkyrie in the show follows the standard color pattern. If we assume the black color is a painted-on deco, then the toy is still missing the black triangle on the chest.

And I'm not sure what Kawamori's approval would mean on a paint pattern some background artist came up with randomly.

Edited by danth

I concur that the blackout appears to be paint scheme, not shadow.

I suppose if we really wanted to break their balls, we could point out that there appears to be only one red wing stripe, on the left wing only....

I mean damn, y'all [Yamato]. come on...it's right there in the screencap.

Edited by reddsun1

ed: LOL, to whit, I suppose Yamato's inevitable response will be: "look heah, y'all. feel free to go out an' buy yourself an unpainted version of the VF-1 from our toy line; then you can paint it any ol' way you like--then have a nice big steaming cup of STFU..." :p

13.jpg

(did these come with optional 1A head?)

Edited by reddsun1

About the colour changes, it looks like it’s a GA interpretation and I’m sure Yamato have Mr Kawamori’s approval.

Bandai also got his approval for the v1 DX VF-25. And Yamato got his approval for "Shin's" low-vis VF-0, except for the one that really was Shin's soon thereafter. :p

Anyways---I do think the black markings are correct/likely. It's VERY similar to the "skunk stripe" pattern many F-14's have. And we all know how people (even the animators) love to have F-14-based markings on their VF-1's. Roy's valk wouldn't look like it does without the Jolly Rogers...

The VF-X was limited, but still pretty darn easy to get. Even to this day you can still get it at BBTS for a not-too-horrible price.

http://www.bigbadtoy...spx?search=VF-X

As for the Cavaliers being misinterpreted...perhaps we're the ones misinterpreting it and thinking the black deco is a shadow? Regardless of what's "correct", I think the black deco looks ace.

Not anymore!

Sweet customs Kicker!

What an obscure, exclusive idea. Hope it isn't an equally obscure and exclusive release.

And did someone mention reissuing the Roy Strike? Hurry up with that, already...

After looking at the image more carefully i agree with you guys that it is not a shadow. Also it appears that they are using the first VF-1 Master files book as a guide for this scheme. In the back of the book they have this scheme complete with 2 stripes on each wing.

Chris

Is that what the dark colored VF-1 from the series was "supposed" to look like? Cavaliers is the name is it? Weird, but very striking. i like the nose with the black. I can't say I'll buy the toy, but this is definitely a color scheme worth building in the lineart. Very sexah! :)

After looking at the image more carefully i agree with you guys that it is not a shadow. Also it appears that they are using the first VF-1 Master files book as a guide for this scheme. In the back of the book they have this scheme complete with 2 stripes on each wing.

Chris

After thumbing through a google search i found a (sadly small) image taken from the VF-1 Master files book that supports Dobbers agreement. Even in such a small image you can plainly see the black "ghost line" (in Navy terms) on the upper radome, canopy and turtle back/hog back panel area. As far as the double red stripes go (on both wings) it appears to possibly be a misinterpretation of the image given in the master file since the present a split top/bottom view of the valk. Misinterpretation or not, I like this paint scheme however i do agree the grey area on the radome looks horrible.

Blue B))

Edited by Iceblue106

As far as the double red stripes go (on both wings) it appears to possibly be a misinterpretation of the image given in the master file since the present a split top/bottom view of the valk.

Blue B))

Good point. Sounds reasonable enough. Still--I find it odd that they'd reference this "Master File" book, considering it contradicts the damned show. 's right there, in the screencap.

Edited by reddsun1

Good point. Sounds reasonable enough. Still--I find it odd that they'd reference this "Master File" book, considering it contradicts the damned show. 's right there, in the screencap.

Isn't this colour scheme provided by GA Graphic? Yamato seem to work in close collaboration with them lately.

After thumbing through a google search i found a (sadly small) image taken from the VF-1 Master files book that supports Dobbers agreement. Even in such a small image you can plainly see the black "ghost line" (in Navy terms) on the upper radome, canopy and turtle back/hog back panel area. As far as the double red stripes go (on both wings) it appears to possibly be a misinterpretation of the image given in the master file since the present a split top/bottom view of the valk. Misinterpretation or not, I like this paint scheme however i do agree the grey area on the radome looks horrible.

Blue B))

Crap, forgot it was a split view. Oops

Chris

• 2 weeks later...