Official MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Information Thread

Love the shirt series, EXO! J and I will probably place an order for the 3rd one!

And hopefully those AX cosplayers will attend MW Con. Never seen so many! There was a decent amount of Frontier cosplay last year, but because of the May'n & Megumi concert, the numbers exploded! Imagine that and Frontier is not available in the U.S.... Thanks HG. <_<

per usual ill be there ...but this time after years of promising it i will have an actual completed macross model to display. I actually busted open a Hasegawa the other day and got the sucker primed and ready!

Yeah, I've been to a few cons myself but never brought any of my models to display. Maybe this'll be the year...

There will be a custom contest, and if you guys are feeling gutsy, karaoke. I know the team working for this year have been doing a lot of planning, and it's looking to be one heck of an event.

UPDATE 7/16/2010

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

I've just confirmed that this year we will be having Mari Iijima, (voice of Lynn Minmay) perform and sign autographs at this year's MW Con 2010!

Stay tuned for more details as we'll be announcing additional events, and special guests as we receive them. If you aren't already planning on coming to MW Con 10, you should now as you'll get to hear Mari LIVE in concert as well as get her autograph at the con!

189650.jpgmari.jpgmari-iijima-300x300.jpg

Edited by KiriK

Wow, I just joined the forums and am greeted with such awesome news!

Hi my name is Jack. I have been involved in the JAC at UCLA leadership for the last couple of years. I met some of you during last year's MacrossWorld Con and at this past AX as well. I'm glad that UCLA is hosting the event again this year!

Awesome news, Bee, thanks for the news. We'll get onto adding that to the flyers. On a sidenote, for any fans people on facebook lurking, and may want to join this event, you can find the event now on facebook, which will have added info as it comes in. You can click here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=143231935689372 of while on Facebook, type in the search MacrossWorld convention 10.

Mail-in Art Contest

Seems like it was pretty popular last year so it's making a come back.

Because it's the 10th annual MW Con, the one rule this year is that the artwork has to feature the number 10 and some variation of "MacrossWorld" somewhere in the art. It can be any medium you choose and depending on how many entries we get we may split them out into different categories.

Also, we don't necessarily need the original art. If you prefer we will take a high resolution picture of your piece so that we can show it at the Con.

If you have any questions please post or PM me.

Thanks for the update.

Any other Bay Area folks gonna make the trip down there?

I will be getting a hotel close to LAX. Anyone wanna split a room for Saturday and Sunday?

I visit MW on a daily basis (not logged in mostly) and this is the first I heard of this get together, maybe its not to late to join? Buy a shirt? Show my nooby skills on making a model?

hello! I'm Yuki~

Passing by to ask a few questions..

I'm from Tijuana, Mexico; and a few friends and my self got a flayer at comic-con about the con.. we want to go.. but we need all the info posible.. as in bage costs, how to get to the venue from the bus station and are there any hotels near?

and any other info we may need to get there.. for we don't know LA that well~!

thank you in advance!!

hello! I'm Yuki~

Passing by to ask a few questions..

I'm from Tijuana, Mexico; and a few friends and my self got a flayer at comic-con about the con.. we want to go.. but we need all the info posible.. as in bage costs, how to get to the venue from the bus station and are there any hotels near?

and any other info we may need to get there.. for we don't know LA that well~!

thank you in advance!!

The registration is free, and more info should be coming on that soon I think. As for hotels, I'm not too familiar with the hotels that are in the area. There are a couple, but the best way to find those would be to get the zip code of the UCLA campus, and then search hotels via expedia, travelocity, or one of those sites by zip code, and find a hotel/motel within your price range. Most info on the convention is on the first page, in case you didn't get to see that. Hope that helps somewhat.

The registration is free, and more info should be coming on that soon I think. As for hotels, I'm not too familiar with the hotels that are in the area. There are a couple, but the best way to find those would be to get the zip code of the UCLA campus, and then search hotels via expedia, travelocity, or one of those sites by zip code, and find a hotel/motel within your price range. Most info on the convention is on the first page, in case you didn't get to see that. Hope that helps somewhat.

ohh ok thank you it does help :3~

Hi Yuki. I recently picked up a fellow Macrossworld member that stayed in this hotel when he came up after San Diego Comicon and he said that the rate was decent enough. It's about half an hour from the UCLA campus including a 15 minute walk after the bus drops you off.

Here's the address and the number for the hotel

DAYS INN SANTA MONICA

3007 Santa Monica Boulevard Santa Monica, CA 90404 (310) 829-6333

and here's the bus route (included is the bus number to take):

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=3007+Santa+Monica+Boulevard+Santa+Monica,+CA+90404&daddr=UCLA+Ackerman+Loop,+Los+Angeles,+CA&hl=en&geocode=FT5cBwIdTEjw-CnbuZMgRLvCgDFfUUi-sRledA%3BFSzXBwIdIazw-CnXGU0EhrzCgDHtxNpDW8BWPg&mra=ls&dirflg=r&ttype=dep&date=08%2F01%2F10&time=11:18pm&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=&sll=34.052517,-118.457766&sspn=0.056392,0.132093&ie=UTF8&ll=34.052446,-118.458023&spn=0.03269,0.0338&start=0&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=3007+Santa+Monica+Boulevard+Santa+Monica,+CA+90404&daddr=UCLA+Ackerman+Loop,+Los+Angeles,+CA&hl=en&geocode=FT5cBwIdTEjw-CnbuZMgRLvCgDFfUUi-sRledA%3BFSzXBwIdIazw-CnXGU0EhrzCgDHtxNpDW8BWPg&mra=ls&dirflg=r&ttype=dep&date=08%2F01%2F10&time=11:18pm&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=&sll=34.052517,-118.457766&sspn=0.056392,0.132093&ie=UTF8&ll=34.052446,-118.458023&spn=0.03269,0.0338&start=0" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Give them a call and see how much you can reserve your rooms for this much ahead of time. If it's a agreeable then maybe the rest of the MW'ers from out of town may want to stay there too.

Also, staying in Santa Monica, if you get there a couple of days ahead you can take a bus ride the opposite direction check out the Santa Monica Third Street Promenade, where there are plenty of places to eat and hang out or shop.

How Special because I have vacation time I need to spend this year but not sure what I really want to do. Is there an estimated time for the announcement of this "special guest" so I can hold off making other plans till then?

Los Angeles? Man, I had to live on the opposite coast from LA.

If I win the lotto between now and then, I'm there. :)

I love the pics from last years convention. I think my favorite was the SDF-1 cake! I told my wife I wanted that cake for my birthday (in a few days) and showed her the picks. She just laughed at me. I think that means no. Ha ha!

Edited by ae_productions