Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

I agree with Jenius in terms of his review. At the MSRP that this thing is going for, I'd rather get another VF-1 or something.

Also, did anyone else get a little concerned when the VF-19 was thrown up on sale at HLJ? Doesn't that kind of mean that it's not selling all that

well, and stock isn't moving?

I hope this doesn't mean that future models get pulled or anything. I sold my VF-19, and am keenly waiting for a VF-19F or VF-19P....

Also, did anyone else get a little concerned when the VF-19 was thrown up on sale at HLJ? Doesn't that kind of mean that it's not selling all that

well, and stock isn't moving?

The 19 is a giant red robot. Chances are, the hardcores all bought and now, months after the first release, the discount is necessary to entice other collectors. I personally waited for a discount. I wasn't going to pay the original price. I don't find the price drop unusual at all. I expected it to happen.

Edited by pud333

I know, I too expected a drop, but not THIS soon. It has only been like 6 months or so since the kai came out. and it wasn't just a small price drop either, it was 4000 yen. That's like 60 dollars off of the cover price.

Well, whatever, I don't mind :) If they can throw up the VF-19S at that price, I'll buy immediately :p

I expect the 19S to be dropped in price with a second run as well. Same with the 17. That's why I am waiting until a deal can be found.

Edited by pud333

dude-----seriously----read Jenius' review first because it is DEAD on....I thought it would be cool to have it as well...and ummm...well....it just isn't. I'm serious---wait until u can get it for like $50. Don't pay any more than that. It's like Yamato over-engineered the CRAP out of everything BUT the part they needed to--how it attaches to the Kai. Not cool.... <_< . Save your $$$.

dude-----seriously----read Jenius' review first because it is DEAD on....I thought it would be cool to have it as well...and ummm...well....it just isn't. I'm serious---wait until u can get it for like $50. Don't pay any more than that. It's like Yamato over-engineered the CRAP out of everything BUT the part they needed to--how it attaches to the Kai. Not cool.... <_< . Save your $$$.

I disagree somewhat. His review is dead on if you look at the Boosters as a stand alone toy. But they're not. They're an accessory - albeit expensive one - to the VF-19. It makes it look badass. but I agree, they overengineered the crap out of it. It should have been $50-$70 at most. I would still recommend the buy since it makes an amazing display piece.

Edited by pud333

Hm, well considering the price of 1/60 FAST Packs and GBP, I think about 8000 yen would be reasonable enough. 9800 yen is MSRP and probably more than a little inflated. Even sale prices are usually above that 8000 yen mark, so I'd agree more than a little overpriced. I'm not really interested in the Sound Booster. They were cool enough in the anime for what they did, but never been as eager for the toy. Course, I still need to get a Fire Valk and DO want one of those, though.

The Kai is amazing..grab one...you won't regret it..and yes...the sound booster IS very cool looking and makes a fantastic display piece once you get it on the Kai....just don't breath on it.... ;) all Yamato had to do was make it so it would have attached like the VF-11's Fast Pack Booster things.."click"..ok cool...it's not gonna fall off!! :wacko:

post-11393-0-17618400-1325514135_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-55330700-1325514142_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

They are connected by twi little divets on the flap that slot into two little indents on the shoulder. They fall off all the time. Just work it around a little, and I'm sure they'll plug back in. Hope that helps :)

thanks!

They are connected by twi little divets on the flap that slot into two little indents on the shoulder. They fall off all the time. Just work it around a little, and I'm sure they'll plug back in. Hope that helps :)

Are you talking about the clips over the shoulder are? Could you post a pic? I cannot figure those out at all and they seem extra. :unsure:

I'm talking about those two red flaps that attach to the back of the shoulder. These flaps act to cover up the head fin in fighter mode and gerwalk modes.

I would post a picture, but I actually sold away my VF-19 a few months ago :(

Sorry about that!

Mine don't fall off, but I made one pop off now it doesn't stay down and give a flush appearance when looking at it from the front in Fighter mode, I just transformed it back to Fighter mode after being in Battroid with the Sound Booster since the summer. All the weight it had was mostly put on the left leg so now foot is all kinds of loose as what others are experiencing now. Other than that, this is an awesome toy regardless of the small gripes.

It just takes a matter of moving the other joints around to make it look flush in Fighter mode. When I got my Kai, one of those two flaps would tend to open out in Fighter mode due to the shield, but a few moving of the arm joints fixed that. Do note that the shoulders themselves can spin forward/backwards and you also have to tinker with that too in order to make the shoulder flaps sit flush.

I'm talking about those two red flaps that attach to the back of the shoulder. These flaps act to cover up the head fin in fighter mode and gerwalk modes.

I would post a picture, but I actually sold away my VF-19 a few months ago :(

Sorry about that!

My bad, I thought we were still talking about the sound booster. I should have read it better lol!

I have the problem of the flap popping off when the toy is being handled on my left shoulder.

I just pop it back on.

Just got my VF-19 today (I'm a cheapskate that rarely springs for EMS).

I don't really like most of the Macross 7 mecha designs, but wow what a beautiful plane! The longer-looking wings and slimmer front fuselage make it look way better than the YF-19.

Bring on the valkyrie with boobs!

post-5703-0-24265000-1325633417_thumb.jpg

I am tempted. I am not a fan of Macross 7 but I still want to buy the main mecha of each Macross series.

A friend of mine is in Japan right now and he will be back on January 30th.

If he can not find the VF-25 Ozma, then the Fire Valkyrie is my other option.

Edited by takatoys

Is it just me or the colour match isn’t that good for the painted parts when the Kai’s under certain kinds of artificial lighting?

The color match will always be off when comparing plastic to painted parts. However, Yamato's color matching is far better than Bandai's... lol.

*EDIT*

The color is a tiny bit off for the Blazer valk as well. But barely noticeable unless you're seriously gawking at it.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

It does depend on the lighting though, I have some lights where the color match on both valks is very pronounced. Generally though, it looks good to me and even when you can see the mismatch the parts that are painted are such where it almost seems like the second tone parts ought to be a different color as part of the scheme.

As far as I’ve observed my toy has an absolutely perfect colour match under sun light, camera flashes and, to a lesser extent, incandescent lamps light.

But the painted parts look a LOT lighter under compact fluorescent lamps light!

After reading seeing all your pics and reading about this beauty, I finally caved and bought one for about $232 shipped on eBay (using my eBay bucks). Kind of wanted the VF-19S but the Kai was still cheaper and is more iconic. Most importantly, the wife gave me permission :D

• 3 weeks later...

just got a new ferrari today , i have to admit..it, the batroid mode is so .... .....decalture!!

DSC_0005_636x950shkl.jpgDSC_0001_422x650shkl.jpgDSC_0002_950x636shkl.jpg

THE GOOD :

-AMAZING new tech and mechanic...TIGHT JOINTS, with nice gimmiks + bonus variation on the face,shield,and leg armor

-LOTS OF DIECASTAND MUCH HEAVIER

ALL THE BACK ARMOR TO THE BOTTOM IS ALL IN DIECAST

DSC_0003_950x636shkl.jpgDSC_0004_650x486shkl.jpg

-IT's RED AND SHINY JUST LIKE A FERARI...

-This toy makes me want to duet with basara...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5gb0DepkPc

401531_2865283144834_1042423288_32933322_1469362303_n.jpg

it can do alot of extreme pose, which older yamato 2006 ver cannot

THE BAD :

hmmm....the anime not really that GREAT...but atleast the song is GREAT

AFTER WORD:

LOVE IT so much..., i never love the design really, but after u play around with it and transform it into batroid...

I have to say the is the best batroid in all of yamato released so far! + the gloss paint makes it more hotter than ever

It is confirmed that VF-19 Fire Valkyrie and VF-19S Blazer Valkyrie are the BEST Effort and design SO FAR....FROM YAMATO, this is how a toys should be, IT FEELS LIKE YAMATO 1/24 patlabor but much smaller and can transform.,,

Edited by moncikoma

I got my blazer and I must agree with most of you guys, he valk is really awesome. The best made by Yamato by far. Proportions, finishings, and details are all excellnt... and the thing is SOLID in all 3 modes. It is a joy to play with it.

I think this is the first time I really have NO complains about a transforming valk.

If I'm seeing it properly you can place the elbow fillings\guards down since at those poses you're not using the double elbow joint.

Plus, the amazing angel voice is sung in a different valkyrie that I'm DYING to have.

Overal a fantastic effort and model by Yamato, whichever version you go after.