Hi guys, I am kind of new here!

I am an avid gundam fan, but I stick to toys because the models kind of scare me little.......

I like to mess about with my gundam toys, so can gundam models withstand regular posing and play, suppose a MG model??

Thanks, and sorry i am kind of a noob :p

The answer is - no not really. Although Bandai tries to engineer the kits to be more toy-like, at the end of the day, they're still model kits. Meaning they're not good for any kind of regular play. More for display than play.

Besides, once you spend a sh1tload of time building a kit up nicely, you don't really want to do anything that's gonna ruin it. Those MG kits take quite a long time to build up. Especially if you're going to paint and/or are the meticulous type.

HG's can be cheap lil toys, but MG's are not ideal for going "I'm gonna crush you Zeta Gundam KAPOW!" with the fists. MG's and PG's are made more for the collector who enjoys the occassional posing and photographing for kits.

You'd probably wanna get the cheap-o's like 1/44 and 1/100 HG kits. They can take a bit of a beating but they'll lack the attention to detail that you'll get off the MG's.

In other news, I finished the new RX-0 kit. Gotta say, very impressed. It transforms MUCH better than Version Ka...soooooo much better.

I'm tempted to rip the Ka pieces off and buy this RX-0 Banshee custom to add some needed spice to the collection.

Let's see....the chest's unfolding out to NT-D is different, it slides in or out and snaps when you hit the end of the slide rig. The armor on the forearms are much more stable and don't wobble out of place when you change forms, and the hips actually pull out of place and snap back into position for NT-D. Bottom of legs at the ankles slide out instead of just lower and letting theankle armor drop down like the old version.

That's probably all I can really think of, tighter fitting on the armor to the frame, frame parts extend nicely to NT-D and stay in place well.

This is a winner kit guys for a good price in comparison to the Ka.

Meh, this is why I quit MG's at the start of the ver 2 releases. I had quite an extensive collection going, only to have to re-buy them again? hell no, although Zeta 2.0 and MK.II were impressive. With that and the MG price jump, I said I might as well build PG's exclusively and occasionally G-system and I haven't regretted it. MG's are decent, but nothing feels more like an accomplishment or says kick ass like a foot tall Gundam with 700 or more parts and LEDS.

Yes but....MGs seem to have nicer proportions and can pull off crazy poses

The latest Dengeki Hobby has a article on an RG 1/144 RX-78-2 (pg 66 & 67).

My Japanese is not good enough to understand the article, so does anyone know what a RG (Real Grade I suppose) is?

The latest Dengeki Hobby has a article on an RG 1/144 RX-78-2 (pg 66 & 67).

My Japanese is not good enough to understand the article, so does anyone know what a RG (Real Grade I suppose) is?

realgrade02.jpg

bandai020.jpg

bandai007.jpg

It's a more upscale version of the HG kit, with more parts and better detail. And it seems to borrow design elements from the MG 2.0 kit for its poseability.

HG's can be cheap lil toys, but MG's are not ideal for going "I'm gonna crush you Zeta Gundam KAPOW!" with the fists. MG's and PG's are made more for the collector who enjoys the occassional posing and photographing for kits.

You'd probably wanna get the cheap-o's like 1/44 and 1/100 HG kits. They can take a bit of a beating but they'll lack the attention to detail that you'll get off the MG's.

In other news, I finished the new RX-0 kit. Gotta say, very impressed. It transforms MUCH better than Version Ka...soooooo much better.

I'm tempted to rip the Ka pieces off and buy this RX-0 Banshee custom to add some needed spice to the collection.

Let's see....the chest's unfolding out to NT-D is different, it slides in or out and snaps when you hit the end of the slide rig. The armor on the forearms are much more stable and don't wobble out of place when you change forms, and the hips actually pull out of place and snap back into position for NT-D. Bottom of legs at the ankles slide out instead of just lower and letting theankle armor drop down like the old version.

That's probably all I can really think of, tighter fitting on the armor to the frame, frame parts extend nicely to NT-D and stay in place well.

This is a winner kit guys for a good price in comparison to the Ka.

I'm still waiting for mine with the Cage. I like the look of the mech only in destroy mode. I also want to purchase the GFFMC when it drops in price. But the reviews seem to confirm that the version 2 kit is a cheaper and better option. The GFFMC uses some of the old mold tech.

I ordered the OYW Anime Colored Gundam recently, I th ink I had a version of this before where it was lighter almost paled colors from the Pegasus Gamecube game wasn't it? Part of that OYW line that came out that now ends up being called the 2.0 MG's?

@hikuro

The PS2 OYW game was Project Pegasus. The Gamecube game, Pilot's Locus was I think also known as The Ace Pilot.

I have both actually. The PS2 game I remember had a model kit and the GC one had a special MSIA Char Zaku II and GC system.

I just ordered the Gundam 00 Raiser kit from HLJ. Anyone got advise for putting this beast together?

Also, I understand that the twin GN-drives light up, but there's a rumor going around that there's another light-up gimic included. Anyone have any info on this?

are you talking about the PG kit?

The head lights up but the light thing is a bitch to take out.

Be careful of the clip together parts like the C clips and fingers. The plastic is brittle and it's easy to crack.

I also found the leg ratchets to be poorly designed, if you pose it enough times you're likely to wear the teeth out and it'll just be a big friction joint.

Picked up 30th AV MS-06J Zaku II....dunno how i wanna put it together though yet. Was thinking of a custom paint job but gotta go tomorrow me thinks to get primer. Course, I could always just build the frame, and armor can come later.

Has anyone built the 1/48 RX-78-2 Mega kit yet? I've got one coming in tomorrow and it'll be the first Gudam I've built since...2001 I think. Wondering if there is anything on the kit I need to watch out for or take extra care with. Seems to be a straight-forward and simple build.

Has anyone built the 1/48 RX-78-2 Mega kit yet? I've got one coming in tomorrow and it'll be the first Gudam I've built since...2001 I think. Wondering if there is anything on the kit I need to watch out for or take extra care with. Seems to be a straight-forward and simple build.

Just got mine today and looked it over. Seems pretty cut and dry. I can tell you don't use that stupid tool they give you for removing parts, seems like a needless pain in the ass.

Use

as a quick guide. Otherwise, there's nothing to watch out for, as the kit was completely made for beginners.

Just got mine today and looked it over. Seems pretty cut and dry. I can tell you don't use that stupid tool they give you for removing parts, seems like a needless pain in the ass.

Yeah, I took one look at that tool, chuckled, and left it (them, there are two) on the parts tree.

Use
as a quick guide. Otherwise, there's nothing to watch out for, as the kit was completely made for beginners.

Thanks. I didn't need the video, it was a very simple build. Still took me the better part of three hours, but I was taking my time end enjoying it. The build was fun as hell, and the finished product is more like a toy than a model. I might give it a light panel-line job with a mechanical pencil, but honestly I like it so much the way it is I might leave it alone.

Well I started to build my Rx-0 HD, with cage.

And well it still sucks. I took much care building it this time. This thing really needs a whole other rework. Waist is still fiddly and extremely loose. Come on Bandai could you make the waist peg longer!!!

Also What I didnt do first time with out the proper tools I managed to do this time with all the proper tools. I broke a PIECE. You instantly get that feeling like (MOTHERfartER!!!) I started the build on the TIT Sinaju and what a marvel. This thing is hopeless. What happened was the front skirt, the part where its supposed to slide upward to revel the pink crap broke. What is really stupid was the way the connected piece that connects the two plates together is such a stupid engineering concept. on the skirt portion their is a fitted cuff that snaps into place. On the other end of the connector is a socket where the other front skirt plate fits into on peg that is so thin and weak to properly put in with even the slightest of presure. Why!!! Why not make it the same fitted cuff! and then have a cover plate to hide it. so the thing snaps off and i have to glue the plate in its destroy mode. Ka should be banned from any Transforming mecha, moving mecha, morphing mecha or and other mecha that has moving pieces. What a shame. Who designed the Zeta?? I remember even the version 1 MG Zeta held up better than this junk. The Version 2 Zeta MG is even a bigger engineering marvel, and I swooshed the thing around the cave and even transformed it more than twice and it still had no breakages, no loosy goosy joints. fart they want 200 plus for the GFFMC. No thanks. Ka please please stop making transforming mechs and leave it to the experts to figure out ie Kawamori and I cant think of any others

Ka should be banned from any Transforming mecha, moving mecha, morphing mecha or and other mecha that has moving pieces. What a shame. Who designed the Zeta?? I remember even the version 1 MG Zeta held up better than this junk. The Version 2 Zeta MG is even a bigger engineering marvel, and I swooshed the thing around the cave and even transformed it more than twice and it still had no breakages, no loosy goosy joints. fart they want 200 plus for the GFFMC. No thanks. Ka please please stop making transforming mechs and leave it to the experts to figure out ie Kawamori and I cant think of any others

The Zeta Gundam was designed by Fujita Kazumi and Okawara Kunio. IIRC Okawara thoughtout the transformation.

The 1/48 Gundam seems to be the most toy-like, from the reviews Ive been seeing. If you want to build something relatively simple and be able to play with it, I guess the 1/48 would be the option. Its relatively expensive though, 8400 yen.

That's on the high end. AmiAmi has it for 5680.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&amp.../e_display.html

Honestly though, even 8400 yen is a great price for what you get. If it were sold as a completed toy the price would be at least double that. ^_^

Didnt expect to get this today on a Saturday, Fedex ground delivers saturdays? Anyway just had to get this kit.. Red frame looks soo bad ass with the tactical arms. Got this kit from gundamplanet.com

MGRedFrame005.jpg

MGRedFrame006.jpg

MGRedFrame009.jpg

I really like the mold. I have the Blue Frame and its awesome. I just dont like how they stretch the features of the backpack. It reminds me of the ridicules configurations Takara/Hasbro invent with their transformers which leaves much to imagination of what purpose it really serves. But the clear parts on the reissues for the 25th is a great idea.