Yamato 1/60 Britai Softbi Figure Coming 2010

Save

How old is the picture? If it's an old picture that was only recently posted, I'd be a little made, but it looks pretty awesome, from what is visible. I hope this project is still alive and kickin'.

How old is the picture? If it's an old picture that was only recently posted, I'd be a little made, but it looks pretty awesome, from what is visible. I hope this project is still alive and kickin'.

The picture originally comes from Yamato’s blog, where they say the figure is in an early stage and even though they’re not supposed to show any images of it yet they let us see this one just to know the project is still on.

Here’s the link:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/

As derex3592 said the picture may be lame but at least we have good news…

The picture originally comes from Yamato’s blog, where they say the figure is in an early stage and even though they’re not supposed to show any images of it yet they let us see this one just to know the project is still on.

Here’s the link:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/

As derex3592 said the picture may be lame but at least we have good news…

Well, that's at least some good news. I do hope they make the arms at least moveable. If not, I maybe doing some modifications to it.

I'm into it. I'd rather have a britai statue like that instead of rotating shoulders. I dont see the point. His legs can't move anyway because of the skirt. I just want to have it standing next to my valks.

I'm into it. I'd rather have a britai statue like that instead of rotating shoulders. I dont see the point. His legs can't move anyway because of the skirt. I just want to have it standing next to my valks.

That's not a skirt son, that's an "I'm gonna kick your @$$ lab coat." The stick is to just give reference to that fact. He's gonna beat all my valks to a pulp.

Not into the whole statuette version of this, but it is better than nothing at all.

Also, I wouldn't mind if the assembly was that of the T-Rex soldier, and a cloth coat was made. It would be rather neat to customize this figure with Revoltech joints for greater use and display.

Of course this could present itself as an "Exclusive" under the HDP kit realm. Which is ok, presumably that is scaled as a 1/48 kit to later be sold as a 1/60 toy.

:rolleyes:

I'm in regardless of pose-ability or not. It's just such a unique macross toy that I can't pass it up.

But if I had my choice I would rather display it battling my VF-1J rather than just standing there.

Hope it and Toynami's Glaug sell extremely well and it kicks off a mad rush to do semi-cheap, obscure baddies...

I'm in regardless of pose-ability or not. It's just such a unique macross toy that I can't pass it up.

But if I had my choice I would rather display it battling my VF-1J rather than just standing there.

Hope it and Toynami's Glaug sell extremely well and it kicks off a mad rush to do semi-cheap, obscure baddies...

If they make it as a completely fixed statue (unk at this time, but I do see that there is a gap between the shoulders and arms), it would totally be possible to customize this toy to make use of joints, either by Revoltech, or some other company. It'd take some work, but to do arms and head shouldn't be that big of a feat for even us common customizers.

If it's just a painted statue they should start including figures with the release of other toys. Each new Phalanx toy will come with a Britai Sofubi. Each Gladiator (or is it Spartan?) will come with Exedol. Each new Glaug will come with a Kamjin. Each new Regult will come with a Boldoza.

I guess the problem with that plan is that none of those things seem likely to ever be made :)

Edited by jenius

If they make it as a completely fixed statue (unk at this time, but I do see that there is a gap between the shoulders and arms), it would totally be possible to customize this toy to make use of joints, either by Revoltech, or some other company. It'd take some work, but to do arms and head shouldn't be that big of a feat for even us common customizers.

Since it's vinyl, the joint on the shoulders will be by default because it's a point of attachment. Conveniently called "articulation".

If it's just a painted statue they should start including figures with the release of other toys. Each new Phalanx toy will come with a Britai Sofubi. Each Gladiator (or is it Spartan?) will come with Exedol. Each new Glaug will come with a Kamjin. Each new Regult will come with a Boldoza.

I guess the problem with that plan is that none of those things seem likely to ever be made :)

Like the idea - and / or a Yamato Chain Base Hanger that comes in sections. Who would not want to get the whole set and have a complete hanger bay display? If they had started it with the Tomahawk and Defender we'd have the Phalanx and Spartan by now...

• 2 months later...

I don't care if it's basically a statue - I've wanted a good 1/60 scale Britai in my collection for YEARS now. Will get!

this.

Me too. I'm just hoping it's sans the man boobs. Gotta have something standing next to the Super Happy Party figures, which really are just tiny statues.

• 10 months later...