Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

I cashed out of Hot Toys. I never was that satisfied with them... I'm just not an action figure guy.

Some of those more deluxe ones like the Hulk Buster there do look awesome... but I just want robots :D

My wallet is a lot happier now haha.

Yeah. That's still too big for me. I have to be choosey with my 1/6th scale stuff anyway so that I don't overspend.

Edited by xrentonx

I'm hearing it's only the top half of the suit nested in the Hulkbuster. If that's the case, it's pretty cool but not AS cool as it could be :/

Edited by xrentonx

Way too much for that Hulkbuster. That's more than the 89 Batmobile and The Bat set. And The Bat comes with figures. I'm sticking to normal 1/6. People are Iron Man crazy though. I will watch and see how many collectors on youtube end up with this piece in their collections.

Too bad Hot Toys won't make a Bubblegum Crisis Motoslave. They are the ones who would get it right seeing this Hulkbuster. I wouldn't care if it didn't transform either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the rubber ever deteriorate on the first one? I try to limit how many figures I own that use rubber so I end up less sad when they decay...

Did the rubber ever deteriorate on the first one? I try to limit how many figures I own that use rubber so I end up less sad when they decay...

Another thing to worry about is creasing when posing the figure. I can't even place my TDKR DX-12 Batman into the Tumbler because the rubber parts on the hips will crease if you bend the legs far enough to sit. You can pretty much forget about putting the fig in a crouching position. The best I can do is pose it on the Bat-pod, and carefully, at that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So yeah, digging this thread up again to make a very important public service announcement about threeA and their video game licensed toys.

in case anyone doesn't remember this came up about 7 months ago:

oh hey, the MC himself is finally up for preorder.

1/6 scale Master chief (halo 4 version) from 3A. 13.5 inches tall, fully articulated, light up. bambaland exlusive version comes with light up forerunner light rifle. $240USD pay up front with free shipping.

http://www.bambalandstore.com/

well I finally got my Chief in hand and... it sucks. :(

I'm not going to post pictures because I honestly can't be assed to snap some pics of it but 3A dropped the ball so hard on this figure it's absolutely unbelievable. Basically, it's big and it looks like the MC from halo 4 and that's it; everything else about it doesn't work as advertised at all.

First off, the figure is incapable of interacting with any of it's accessories. The hands were designed with absolutely no thought to how the gun would be held so they basically can't hold any of his weapons at all. the palm is the wrong shape to let the weapons sit naturally, there's not enough tension in the finger joints to grip anything, and the thumb doesn't have anywhere near enough range of motion to wrap around anything. Further, there's absolutely no way to make him hold any weapon with two hands. The elbow joints don't even bend to 90 degreees; the shoulders lack any kind of ratchets and are too loose to support themselves; and the swing-out joint in the shoulder doesn't provide enough range of motion for both hands to even reach where they should grip on any weapon. In fact, you can't even display the figure with a weapon holstered, as the magnets that were advertised to let the guns mount to his backs are too weak to actually support the weight of even the lightest rifle.

So the figure can't be posed with any weapons. It also can't be posed in any way other than a basic standing pose either. The legs and torso, while not as unbelievably poorly articulated as the arms, still only have the most basic of articulation to there inner structure. The articulation that is present however, is completely hampered by the rubber body suit they chose to use to make up the under-structure of the armor. The rubber suit bunches, binds and produces enough pressure to overcome most of the joints, preventing anything resembling a dynamic pose. It's also difficult to tell how you're posing the toy and if your even moving the joints you mean to at all as the body suit is so loose fitting as to make the whole thing like a rubbery mess.

And for all the articulation problems, the figure doesn't even look that good in a standing pose. the rubber under-suit is loose fitting, softly detailed, and has only a basic dry-brushed silver paint application that makes it look incredibly cheap. the hard molded panels look decent but they feel like they're made from light and cheap plastic, and they paint work on them is muddled and indistinct.

So I've got a big, mediocure looking toy that's not poseable and doesn't hold any of it's accessories. Also, it didn't come with the obnoxious button cell batteries that are needed for the light up gimmicks. And the toe of one foot fell off within 5 minutes of getting it out of the box.

at this point I'd like to reiterate that this is a $240 figure. A TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY DOLLAR TOY. That's twice the price of the 18 inch NECA figure that was released prior to this, which is by all accounts a better toy in every way. and I'm not the only person who feels this way, the complaints have been so vocal that 3A has acknowledged that the toy is sub-par on their face book, apologized and offered to take returns for full refunds from anyone not happy with the toy. I'm going on vacation Monday, but I'm about 99% certain I'm going to take them up on that offer and then order either the NECA chief or the kotobukiya ArtFX+ statue. Hell, I might order both since they'd be cheaper on amazon together than what I payed for 3A's attempt.

this about sums it up:

I was REALLY excited for this toy; I love halo, I love the design work from halo 4, the Master Chief is one of my favorite video game characters and I was so blown away by how amazing the threeZero titanfall atlas turned out that I thought there was no way they could screw this up. Well they could and they did. :angry:

Edited by anime52k8

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I've never had a 3A piece... but even HT seems to have bad QA compared to even MP transformers.

Getting the word out is the best thing to do.

And yet the price rises on these 1/6th toys when you know the bodies don't cost that much to produce.

Edited by Gakken85

I know there are a few Whovians like me on the boards. The classic television show is what got me into science fiction. Man, I remember watching the weekly broadcasts on my parents black and white RCA CRT. It was on at the same time when my Dad liked to watch the news and the color set was off limits. There was no remote for the RCA set, just a couple of analog "clicky" dials.

So Big Chief Studios has been releasing a 1/6-scale line of Doctor Who figures. I have the classic Tom Baker and William Hartnell figures already, and they're wicked.

My copy of the new Matt Smith figure arrived today:

11th-doctor-series-7-gallery-6.jpg

That's from the big chief site. I'll try to post some of my own pictures later.

Edited by technoblue

I'm sure they will make some if they made as many Batman Tumblers as they did.

Star Wars is probably a bigger audience.

That said, I have no desire to spend 800+ on a tie fighter model haha

Edited by Gakken85

• 3 weeks later...